Tuna Fish: What do you do with it w/o the mayo?????

Options

Replies

• Gongfu_Life
    Options
    This is my favorite non-mayo tuna recipe - http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mediterranean_tuna_antipasto_salad_for_two.html I use chickpeas, decrease the olive oil and use chopped kalamata olives instead of capers because I don't like them. Works on it's own or in a whole wheat pita!

I'm making that tomorrow!
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've made tuna salad with plain nonfat yogurt instead of mayo. It's a little weird since its sweeter and it works much better to make chicken salad. Try using plain nonfat greek yogurt since it has a tangy taste to it. I like eating tuna salad on lettuce instead of bread also.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    use light mayo use about 2 tbl spoons for a can
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain out of the can. My favorite is the sweet and spicy tuna on a salad. Very yummy.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I generally eat it out of the can, plain. I also really like canned Salmon, you can get it in cans the same size as the tuna fish.
    I like to have a singe whole wheat tortilla along side my tuna or salmon.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese

Mustard

Nonfat, plain (or greek) yogurt
  • angelacooks
    Options
    I mix with fresh tomatoes! I also like to add the convenience pack of tuna to a side salad from McDonald's and add 1 pouch of lowfat Italian. Makes for a lite lunch during the day when I don't have time to pack a lunch for work!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I had to figure this out recently too!
    I have found that one can of tuna with about 1 tbsp relish, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 or 2 squirts of lemon juice, and a pinch of tarragon (if you like) is quite good. I didn't think I'd be able to get used to tuna without mayo but it works! i hope you find something you enjoy!
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    avocado, I also add some dill relish for flavor.

This.^^^ Tunacado! One of my faves!!
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Saltines and pepper the **** outa that ****
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Saltines and pepper the **** outa that ****
    pepper the **** outa that **** is what i like.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Go on to Peta's web site and reasearch the egg industry. There are numerous videos of the most disgusting and viscious attacks against animals that you can imagine. Every baby chicken that comes down the conveyor belt that isn't female gets thrown into a grinder alive. You'll never eat eggs again, which will cut out your mayo.
    You could try an advocado or Vegannaise, or organic low fat yogurt.
  • gaylelynnmc
    Options
    Eat it fast...lol...actually I do like it without anything on it...I usually eat it as a snack...I to am always trying to get more protien...cheers, Gayle
  • emilygh1974
    emilygh1974 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WITHOUT THE MAYO??? Um... I don't eat it... that's what :noway:
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Looking to find out what everyone does with their tuna?? I am looking to get more Protein without all the fat from mayo... Can't wait to hear your suggestions.

Thanks

TEXAS PETE HOT SAUCE!!! GOD'S GIFT TO DIETERS!!! NO. CALORIES.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I make little tuna balls (like meatballs) - mixed with an egg and a bit of breadcrumbs and seasoning.
    You can also make patties or a loaf.
    Works for canned salmon too!
  • grumpy_mama
    grumpy_mama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up pears, cucumbers, and or tomatoes and mix in. Then I put it in a spinich wrap.
    I have also used fat free italian dressing when I didn't have fruit or veggies.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why not have the mayo????
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Make a tuna salad with celery (onion optional) and then light balsamic vinaigrette. Serve in a wrap with lettuce and tomato. Freakin delectable.