Tuna Fish: What do you do with it w/o the mayo?????

Options

Replies

• hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hummus is my best friend :) I use it in replace to mayo ALL THE TIME
  • eraweir
    eraweir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am indifferent to mayo but LOVE tuna, so I’m mostly commenting to this to read later. ;)
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I mix one pouch of starkist tuna with 2 tbsp hidden valley light buttermilk dressing. Don't miss the mayo at. Slap half of it on half slice of wheat bread, add slice tomato and a lettuce leaf and you have a verry filling sandwich.
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    A squeeze of fresh lime juice and some cracked black pepper works really well and gives it an interesting bite :)
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sweet relish is great.
  • mss_anthropy
    mss_anthropy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love tuna w/out mayo.
    My favorite:
    Tuna with diced cucumber, diced tomato, avocado and a little wasabe. Wrap up in wheat tortilla. delicious.

that sounds yummy....

i mix mine with a little pico de gallo and calamata olives and wrap it in a tortilla with spinach leaves
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Raaaaaaaaanch.

b395fcef.jpg
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    try avacado it very yummy
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like to mash tuna with an avocado :)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I use a way smaller amount of mayo and then add 3 oz of soft tofu and mush it up. The tofu tricks my brain into thinking there's more mayo in there than there actually is. Then I add onions, pepper and a dash of apple cider vinegar.
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    my husband worked at Food for Less for awhile and worked with hispanic co workers and the guys were always bringing in this plain tuna, corn, pico de gallo (tomatoes, onion, cilantro) and then you can add anything else you can think of for flavor and it is really good. I had forgotten about this one. think i'll make it again soon, have some wilting cilantro and avocados at home. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I feed it to cats. They love it!
  • Terryj20
    Terryj20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Make tuna boats! Slice a cucumber lengthwise. Scoop out the insides mix with tuna. Place back in the cucumber shell and top with a smidge of your favorite low Cal salad dressing! Yummy
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, my wife likes to take mix with onions. Take onions and rinse, chop up anyway you want and place in a bowl. Squeeze a whole lemon and let sit, add cilantro if you want. Drain and mix with tuna. Enjoy.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with fat? Fat's good brain food.
  • emisu2
    emisu2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Keep the mayo, lose the bread. Eat it with celery or something if you have to. Yummm...
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i recently discovered artichoke hearts go quite well with tuna. the olive oil on the artichoke hearts flavors up the tuna nicely and there is plenty of oil.
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Spicy Brown Mustard...or Grey Poupon (depending on what class of person you are).

^^^
    This. I use Jack Daniels Old #7 Mustard - just the right spices and kick; 10 calories/Tbsp
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I put some mustard on it and choke it down. Not because mustard is delicious, but IMO it tastes a little less weird than plain, canned tuna.

OOOH!!!! I'm not the only one that does this!! I do like it with mustard, IMO...but at least I don't feel weird anymore!!

Someone mentioned mixing it with cottage cheese, onion, celery and salt and pepper to taste.....I guess that sounds good....Anyone brave enough to try it?? I haven't manned up yet....a bit scared to lol.
  • Bootsie3676
    Options
    I go to the local food market and buy the flavored ones. I love the garlic and the olive oil is not bad either