I want to run... but I'm too fat

Options
123457»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile, and you are gorgeous. You shouldn't be embarrassed being seen running, for sure. I just got permission from my doc to start jogging - I am shorter than you but weigh almost exactly the same and I have an old meniscus tear. I have been working out on either the elliptical or the stationary bike for an hour a day, which in theory should have been building up the muscles around my knees. If you haven't looked into doing that first, you may want to. Also, lunges may help. Even so, she told me to go slow, at intervals (like C25K) and to ice my knee after each session, whether it feels like it needs it or not. Also, if it starts to ache, slow down on it, but don't quit.

You should buzz up to Philomath and we can jog together! I was going to go to the track at the HS, talk about putting my jiggly jogging self on display. Just keep reminding yourself that if someone sees you and judges, they aren't the one jogging and can stuff it. Chin up, you can totally do it.

Edited to add: but definitely don't today or tomorrow, it is going to be way too sweltering to even think about it!
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    First off great job on the weight loss and all the hard work.

Trainers keep telling me you burn more fat walking then running just at a slower pace. so if you walk 45 minutes or more you will burn more

may look at a local running store if you have it i recommend road runner sports. They will help you find the right shoes for you, they hold events.

maybe look into like breast cancer walks or things like that which are for a good cause and people who go to that should not be judging

I go to the gym I turn my music on and I walk or run. My stomach bounces around and I just do not care any more. I am doing this for me and my health and to make me happy everyone else does not exist when I am doing what i am doing.

Also maybe look into meetup. They may have events in your area