Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Here are mine. I'm 5'7" and have been told I have a large frame.

IMG_1141-1-1-1.jpg

photo-1-2.jpg

I only lost a few pounds going by the scale, but I fit into pants that fit when I weighed 130 lbs. I'll take it!!

Congrats to all the above posters...you guys look great!
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1...I started MFP towards the end of January...after I lost about 8 pounds since Christmas. I love it! I started my weight loss journey at 233(some people wouldn't consider me fat because I could "hide" it being tall) I am now at 194...I have had some rough times keeping up with my diet but stay as active as I can. I would love to lose another 20 pounds. Feel free to check out my pictures and add me! Good luck!
  • punagirl
    Options
    great job!!!
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    Large frame here! I'm 6 feet, starting recorded weight 318, current weight 253. I say recorded weight because I was bigger but I don't have a number. You can open my profile pics to see my progress.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Bump ... I'm 5' 10" with a larger bone structure. So I'm interested in seeing success from others like me with realistic weight goals . Anything under 155 is probably under weight for me .
  • cornucopiaoflove
    cornucopiaoflove Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is considered a large frame?
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!

Tried this and apparently I have a medium frame...although it doesn't feel like it at the moment!

All of these success stories are encouraging, I can't wait until I can post my before/afters here
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow, major difference and NOT that much weight. I was boo hooing over gaining two pounds since I started exercising.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to my progress pics so far;) I'm also on FB and u can add me Ashleigh Muchison to see my month 9,10,11 pics;) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/541483-87-2lbs-down-in-31-weeks-and-2-days-now-on-to-the-last-30
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that I don't have any pictures, but I just wanted to say that I have a large frame (5'7' and 7' wrist) with broad shoulders and hips. I have always worn much larger sizes in clothing than other people who are my weight and height because of my larger frame, no matter how thin or heavy I have been. Sometimes I get embarrassed and frustrated by this, and really appreciate reading everybody else's input and seeing your wonderful pictures. I thought I was the only one. I do know that regardless of one's bone size, bmi, or clothing size, it is definitely possible to not be over weight for your body type and look fantastic! So here is to everybody's great efforts, current and future successes!
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried that finger overlap thing....I have a 6.8in wrist and my fingers overlap by about an inch.....ET fingers FTW! (I am 6ft and very large framed).

All you girls who have posted pics are super inspiring, by the way :smile:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I always read one of the success story threads before preparing a meal or snack. Makes it easier to keep those portion sizes down! thanks ladies, keep up the good work!
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What is considered a large frame?
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!

Disclaimer: if you have long fingers this is uber unreliable! My fingers overlap, but when measured I am a large frame (I think my wrist is like 6-6.5 inches.)
  • thinthoughts
    Options
    According to my doctor, I have a large frame. I'm not sure I agree, but here are my before/after shots.

I'm 5'9". The photo on the left, I'm right around 200 lbs. The photo on the right is around 145 lbs.

7161819898_5428539ab8.jpg

I'm done losing weight now. The photo below is me at around 137 lbs.

christinejump.jpg?w=550&h=370
    Wow!!, you look great. I don't think i would agree with the Doc. either, you seem to be smaller than what i would consider large framed. ANyway, great job on your journey. :0
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    8d452e9d.png
    ^^^^ 295 (March 2012)

30ff82fc.jpg
    ^^^^ 264 (August 2012)

I'm 5'6 and have shoulders wider then most football players, everything about me is large except my boobs :/
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I hope to look like all of y'all soon :D
    It's SO nice to have some pictures of people who aren't those little skinny minnies... (not that their progress isn't awesome but I'm never gonna look like that).

I don't have a lot of photos yet but I took some about a month ago so I think I will be taking some more soon! I just ordered a tape measure, I'm excited to start taking my measurements.

Everyone is doing so awesome! I hit 20.2lbs lost today and it felt awesome. WOOO.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Check my profile out and add me if you like :)
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    Okay, well I was wanting to post my progress pics too.. I not at goal yet, I've got 85 pounds left to get rid of. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the pics on here! So if you are interested in my pics please feel free to check them out on my profile. I am 5'10, my highest weight was 530, I am currently down to 274. I've always been huge. I most definitely do NOT have a small frame!

I also wanted to say kudos to everyone on here! You're all working really hard and that hard work is paying off! Congrats.
  • thinthoughts
    Options
    I just wanted to add that taking pictures of yourself and looking at the changes often is an important factor in not only weight loss, but more importantly keeping it off. Especially those of us who've been overweight for many years or our entire lives, we get this image of what we're so used to seeing staring back at us and after the weight is gone it's sometimes difficult to see what we really look like. I know that after i had lost 80+lbs. while my husband and i were shopping for new clothes he would constantly have to ask me why i was looking in the plus size, i didn't even relize how small i had actually gotten and still had the "fat-girl syndrome". So, photographic evidence is great and i wish you all happiness and health in your journey's.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am a quarter way there, so not dramatic but I think there is a difference. :D

Comparison-2.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!