Apple shaped people (again) Please post Before and After Pix

Options

Replies

• janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What shape am I??? I have a large chest a bit wider shoulders, my waist dips in on the sides even though it sticks out in front, I have wide hips a big *kitten* and larger legs ....I think in a combo lol

You sound like an hourglass because your waist dips in on the sides. The front of your waist is just a matter of weight overall, as far as I understand.
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You Apples are soooo freaking HOT! Thanks for sharing. Giving us hope! Doin the happy dance!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Bump....hoping more apples will post before and after pix.
  • rosewatershay
    rosewatershay Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • scorn1016
    scorn1016 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m29uer_Kg_Ti1qgzf16.png
    resized.jpg
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m29uer_Kg_Ti1qgzf16.png
    resized.jpg

Wow, that is amazing!

I'm also an apple and have a lot of trouble with my stomach, I never really lost weight there but more along the lines of my shoulders and legs.
  • Energyflows
    Options
    bump :-) Hope to lose cm/inches off my waist and belly, the other parts don't bother me soooo much! Grrrr... But I know i've got to put the work into it (like everybody actually) ^.^ Let's work it!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Wow, that is amazing!

I'm also an apple and have a lot of trouble with my stomach, I never really lost weight there but more along the lines of my shoulders and legs.

Thank you! My stomach is still a work in progress. Ugh lol. I have a bit of a pooch going on. Although, I'm pretty sure with enough time, patience, and work, I can get it to be pretty flat. My tough spot is love handles (lower back). They don't seem to want to go away. It makes finding dresses that are tight hard since I have no rear end and a muffin top without even wearing pants lol. However, this dress seemed to help minimize it.
  • Lando_pr
    Lando_pr Posts: 36
    Options
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

Here are my before and afters, we CAN get rid of our bellies!!

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

<3
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a combination hourglass and apple. Is that possible? Anyone else? My belly and back have always been a big problem area for me (32+ inch waist), but I also have a nice bust and butt that's proportional. I gain weight in my belly first, but my upper body and lower body are very quick to shape up with diet and exercise. *sigh*

I think I am, too! I gain weight in my stomach, back, thighs, bum, and chest. I have a defined waist, so I'm not the typical apple shape, but I do gain in the middle (chest down to thighs). I look proportional--no large stomach and tiny calves for me! Hopefully I'll show some loss soonish to see if my extremities shape up more than my tummy/middle area.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    bump
  • TheLadyInGreen
    TheLadyInGreen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump :flowerforyou:
  • drwgal
    drwgal Posts: 66
    Options
    I really don't know what shape I am, except for ROUND lol I gain all my weight in my midsection. I have skinny arms, my thighs touch lol, a big rear and boobs. I was told I was an apple, but right now I feel like a marsh mellow! I guess we will see what shape I am once I can drop the 30lbs I need to drop! Good luck everyone, and congrats to those who already met their goals!!
  • sunny_smile5
    sunny_smile5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I haven't even really thought about what kind of shape my body is...so I wasn't even sure what kind of body shape mine would be called. So I read up on it:

Determining Your Body Shape http://365voice.com/fitness-friday-knowing-your-body-type/

Before you can perform the right exercises for your body, you need to determine which type of body shape you have.

Hourglass: Women with an hourglass shape are often envied by all of their friends. This is because hourglasses have well-proportioned upper and lower bodies, with a distinctively narrow waist. However, if you are an hourglass, you may find that you tend to gain weight all over your body, particularly in your hips and chest area. Hourglasses tend to be endomorphs or mesomorphs.

Pear: Pear-shaped women tend to have larger lower bodies and smaller upper bodies. If you are a pear, you will find that your hips are slightly wider than your shoulders and that you tend to gain weight below your waist. Pears usually have small chests and flat stomachs. Most pears are mesomorphs.

Apple: Apples are generally bigger on the top half of their bodies than on the bottom half. They commonly have slim hips and a large chest and stomach. Apples tend to gain weight above the waist or along the backside. The majority of apples are mesomorphs or endomorphs.

Ruler: Women with a ruler shape tend to be waif-like and slim. Rulers have no large differences between the size of their hips, waists, and shoulders. Rulers tend to put on weight in their stomach and backside, while maintaining slender arms and legs. Most rulers are ectomorphs.

Looking at all the photos posted so far and reading the different descriptions, I have an apple-shaped body as well. I hate my wide hips and my belly. I have had so much difficulty getting rid of fat around my belly...what have been some of the things you've tried my apple-shaped friends?
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple, and I only have pictures half nakie, that I took for myself so I can look when I lose all this weight and go... EWWWW
  • lintlin
    lintlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You seem to be more of an "8" or a high-hipped hourglass. I always thought I was an apple too (and 8s can transform into apples at higher weights), but your bone structure suggests more evenness than an apple has. Here's a great link to check out: http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com/2010/05/real-life-body-shapes-8.html
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

Here are my before and afters, we CAN get rid of our bellies!!

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!