Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

Options

Replies

• Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yesterday when I sat down real quick and sat on my ballz.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thats hilarious!!!!!!!!
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Three weeks ago I was driving on the interstate when a red Mustang flew past us, at about 100mph. My neighbors granddaughter says "Sweet car" and all I could think of was that is so dangerous. Quickly followed by Wow I'm officially old now!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    While I'm still laughing at Cliff's "old guy" moment, Id have to say:

trying to explain that 9 inch nails was a rock band to a group of teens... not real nails.
    My husband was going on and on about them (and a few other bands) for a good 5 mins before I "cleared" it up! too funny, but, man! Did I feel old!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    When I started trying to figure out what movie times would be best to avoid "the annoying teenage crowd."

Mid-week matinee, anyone? Late night showing on a school night?
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When I asked my daughter to turn down the radio in the car because it was too loud and distracting me.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When my son asked me if crayons only came in black and white when I was a kid.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have yet to come to a point in my life where I feel old... :happy:
  • confettibetti
    Options
    When my son asked me if crayons only came in black and white when I was a kid.

oh my goodness..lol
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When GM starting using Led Zepplin to sell Cadillacs . . . .
  • confettibetti
    Options
    When I asked my daughter to turn down the radio in the car because it was too loud and distracting me.

this is my HUSBAND... ;-)
  • confettibetti
    Options
    When Metallica's "Enter Sandman" was played on a Classic Rock station....

Freaking love that song, and this band!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I surmised during the Olympic Closing Ceremonies that Missy Franklin was like a year old or not even born when the Spice Girls hit the charts. And when a 16 year old boy called me Ma'am 3 weeks ago. :sad:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    1. Reading these posts.
    2. Going to a "girls night out" and the main topic of conversation was hot flashes and early menopause.:sad:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    When GM starting using Led Zepplin to sell Cadillacs . . . .

That is some funny %$*! right there!!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    When a "baby" from my church married my brother in law. She now has four kids, and I still feel old.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When the university at which I work showed "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" as a classic movie.

When I realized that people who were born the year I graduated high school can buy alcohol. :sad:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear a song that I love (and remember when it came out) on my fav radio station's "Flashback lunch" hour, I die a little inside.

I really started to feel old when my friends started having babies on purpose.
  • valcran
    valcran Posts: 6
    Options
    not there yet.... still in training for it!!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It happens all the time when I teach. Last time it happened when I made a reference to Sleestacks and the whole class looked like :indifferent:
  • alimarieban
    Options
    I was lecturing my daughter about going outside and "playing" and I said, - "Back when I was your age, we used to play outside until it was dark or our parents called us in!" SHe looked at me like I was crazy!