Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

Replies

• JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    There have been so many. Like when I was 28 and a teenager said "You're, what, like 35?" She recovered.

When the Anniversary of my 25th Birthday hit double digits.

When my godson (who was born the year after I graduated HS) graduated HS.

Also, if my graduating class hadn't been legendary for our apathy, I'd be having our 20 year reunion next year. 20! TWENTY!!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    When I was excited to be in bed before 9PM.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Just last year I was at a concert at a venue and I got called ma'am twice. :laugh:
  • funmonk
    funmonk Posts: 20
    When someone told me I gave a beautiful grandson, and I had to correct her and say he's my son.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    I refuse to feel old until the booze shop stops asking me for ID, I'm 34 and they still ask every time, so I'm still considering myself young lmao!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    When I started talking about all the cassette tapes I used to have, and my son said "What's a tape?"
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member

I'm going to have to steal this...lol
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    When Metallica's "Enter Sandman" was played on a Classic Rock station....

well yeah, maybe felt it a little bit there.....
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    When my daughter started middle school.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Yesterday. About 4:00 maybe. Sitting on my couch, looking out my window in complete silence. I reflected back over many decisions I have made in my life. Today, my hair is greyer, my body tirder and the wrinkles are more pronounced. Going to the park to jog in spite of it.:wink:
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    sometime in the future
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    When I read the TV crush thread and had NO idea who the heck JTT was!!!!!!
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    LOL! I love reading this...

I'm 23 and my birthday is in September so basiclly 24. My hubs birthday is in February and he turned 24. For some reason that made me feel old! I was married to a 24 year old man. I still feel like I should be 18.

Also the guy I dated in high school turned 27 this year. (yeah he was a bit older then me lol) So I "could" be married to a 27 year old man. (Not that I want to be or anything, just sayin)
  • Not there yet...I'm 30 and I still get asked for ID.
  • Talking to my cousin who is only 5 years younger then me about the bazooka I used to have for the supe Nintendo when I was a kid and them asking what it is.
    Also talking to my younger brothers about how we used to wait for ages to use dial up Internet to load web pages and the youngest (10years my junior) saying we are ancient (my two other brothers are 2and 3 years younger then me)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Late in grad school when my wife and I decided that watching a movie with a "high school" crowd was far less annoying than one filled with undergrads.

Also, when I bumped into someone at the Texas A&M rec center when i was 23 and he said "Excuse me sir".
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    While riding the bus back to the CHU's, "Paradise City" from GNR came on the radio.

Me: "Oh hell yeah, 1988! I was a junior in high school, and I saw these guys live in concert!"

One of my soldiers: "I wasn't even born yet."

.....aaaaaaaaand I feel old now......

Yup! That'll do it! LOL I've had things like that said to me by 20 somethings and it kills me every time. I usually just give 'em the stink eye. Haha!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    the first time someone called me "ma'am" :sad:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member

I'm going to have to steal this...lol

Hahaha! Yep! That was me this January. The big 4-0 is taunting me. :tongue: :grumble:
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    I'm 33, and married for my first time to a man 12 years older, who has teenagers. I never felt old until I became a stepmom to teenagers! The exact moment I realized that I'm "old" to these kids happened during this coversation...

**All of us are in the car listening to Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger," and the 18 year old son is loving the song."
    Me: "Hey D, do you know who they are talking about?"
    D: "Yeah, Mick Jagger."
    Me: "You know who Mick Jagger is?"
    D: "Yeah I know how he is!"
    Me: "Um, what band is he the lead singer for?"
    D: "I don't know. Why should I know that?"
    Me "Then you don't know who Mick Jagger is at all!"

I know The Rolling Stones were around way before my time but this still made me feel old!

I had to educate my daughter on the Rolling Stones recently because of that song too! She and her friends were arguing over which one of them really knew who "Jagger" was, and I said, "Trust me, none of you do!"...and we watched YouTube vids and listened to RS records for an hour that night. It was awesome, though!