Hubby spying on me...

Options

Replies

• MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Have you considered changing your passwords and logging out of your websites when you're done so he can't spy on you anymore? A short-term solution, but it could push things in the right direction.
    I've threatened to do that a billion times. Buts he tech genius and I'm not. So usually my threats are just met with more of his threats to hack my stuff and lock ME out.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wont he see this post though?
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wont he see this post though?

Of course he will.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm used to my husband spying on me through Facebook, I've had that forever, but ever since I lost 30 lbs and then joined MFP for that last pesky 10, he's been spying on me here too. I can't get him to join (he could stand to eat healthier too) but for the life of me I can't understand why would MFP be worthy of spying on? Does your hubby do that too, wives do you spy on your hubby's MFP page/friends/posts/diary?

So he's pretty much going to see this post, then? :laugh:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Neither one of us spies on the other. We have separate laptops, but we're always logged in to fb, gmail, etc. If we wanted to, we could check up on each other. But, we trust each other, so that's not necessary.

^That's the way it should be. I love it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzDO0-GpVQN_sUpzyNdD9g52gz77ek59QKXiO01WG-IjnWvJiG6Q&t=1
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    My husband has all my passwords. We have nothing to hide in our marriage.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My husband has all my passwords. We have nothing to hide in our marriage.

Ditto this...
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    Ditch the freak!! This is not normal loving, trusting behaviour.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Have you considered changing your passwords and logging out of your websites when you're done so he can't spy on you anymore? A short-term solution, but it could push things in the right direction.
    I've threatened to do that a billion times. Buts he tech genius and I'm not. So usually my threats are just met with more of his threats to hack my stuff and lock ME out.

^^ This is not normal behavior for adults. Not even a little bit. Sane, secure people do not do this.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything to hide?

Blind trust is an interesting concept but rarely works.

While he likely trusts you, he needs to confirm his trust in you by checking in on you from time to time.

The degree of privacy within a relationship is something you both need to talk about.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzDO0-GpVQN_sUpzyNdD9g52gz77ek59QKXiO01WG-IjnWvJiG6Q&t=1

lol this!
  • _KatieKat
    Options
    People can't spy on you if they dont have your username and password.
  • misteranonymous
    Options
    Perhaps your husband has questions he would like to ask, but is too chicken (or too smart) to ask in person.

About Mister Anonymous: I am not an actual person, but an anonymous MFP user profile created to give guys a truly anonymous forum for asking tasteful, yet sensitive questions. For more information about how I work, see my profile.
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm used to my husband spying on me through Facebook, I've had that forever, but ever since I lost 30 lbs and then joined MFP for that last pesky 10, he's been spying on me here too. I can't get him to join (he could stand to eat healthier too) but for the life of me I can't understand why would MFP be worthy of spying on? Does your hubby do that too, wives do you spy on your hubby's MFP page/friends/posts/diary?

I do occosionally, but i dont go on their account... im not to sure thats normal? He probably just thinks your looking hot, and like i saw in another comment, "thinks your going to find some ripped guy and run off with him." and it scares him. Just reasure him :)
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    We need more details. Have you given him a reason to monitor what you do? Do you have a track record of cheating or engaging in inappropriate behavior on or offline? If not, then I don't think his behavior makes sense. Either way, you need to talk to him about if it makes you uncomfortable.

BUMP! ^^^^^^ this
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Nobody has asked if you have given your husband a reason to be spying on you.

I love how everyone just assumes he is insecure.

^^ this...it's been my experience that if I actually thought to "spy" on someone, I already had my answer so I never bothered "spying"...but I was always right! And I see more rif-raff on here than I ever do on FB...
  • Army_Love89
    Options
    Nope.
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Try opening up both, giving him your passwords, and say have at it I have nothing to hide. Unless of course, you have something to hide.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    He probably saw you eating too much at a buffet and felt the need to dig deeper. I know I would.
This discussion has been closed.