CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Replies

• krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    I think this is a great challenge, but I don't drink enough. I think I might have one drink a month. And that's a maybe! lol, but this is a great idea for a lot of people. I'm sure many will see changes given that alcohol is very high in calories!
  • I should really get in on this. My love of wine isn't helping my weight loss much. lol

Edited to add: plus I wouldn't have this lil hangover now :O
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    12 days - alcohol free
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Still going strong although it hasn't really been difficult lol. I think I may give up drinking altogether because I honestly don't miss it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I should really get in on this. My love of wine isn't helping my weight loss much. lol

Edited to add: plus I wouldn't have this lil hangover now :O
    Join me in September! I had too many pre-planned events happening in August. I'm going to go wine free in September. Not sure about alcohol free, but definitely wine free.
  • grainned
    grainned Posts: 5 Member
    Only seeing this challenge now. I had decided myself to try give up all alcohol for the month of August. I do a lot of running races July,August and September and was hoping to improve my times on previous years by giving up. Unfortunately on the 24th of July I had a bike accident on the way to work which has stopped me running for a while. I decided to still go ahead with my dry August and so far have done great, not touching a drop. I've been to a few social occassions but have put myself forward as designated driver each time so as not to be tempted once there.

Well done to everyone so far.

I'm now drooling looking at my pic of me with a pint of Guiness :(
  • Sounds good....remind me Sept. 1st :drinker: lo

(For Sabine...forgot to quote you)
  • alerica1
    13 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    14 days - alcohol free
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Sounds good....remind me Sept. 1st :drinker: lo

(For Sabine...forgot to quote you)
    Will do!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    I was hoping to see a few tumble weeds rolling though this thread .. :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • usmcjarhead3
    usmcjarhead3 Posts: 28 Member
    As a former Marine, it is part of our tradition to drink so what I did was switch from Cabernet (170 cal.) per glass back to my Scot heritage of Jameson's and ginger which is only 100 per glass. 3 glasses saves you 210 calories not includiing the workout you are doing. Just from a different point of view. Semper fi!
  • alerica1
    15 days - alcohol free
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    15 days - alcohol free

Keep it going, alerica! Woo hoo!

I didn't make it. All or nothing is something I don't do well with in general.
  • alerica1
    16 days - alcohol free
  • grainned
    grainned Posts: 5 Member
    Well done alerica1, way to go.

20 days alcohol free for me, no weight gone but definitely less of me, my spare tyre has deflated yay....
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Congratulations alerica1, one day at a time!

Alcohol free August foir me so far!.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    I had 5 days that I knew I wouldn't be able to do this month. So far, I have only had a drink (or a few...) on the days that I had planned. And I'm drinking A LOT less on those days than I used to.

I'm calling it a victory. :laugh:
  • alerica1
    17 days - alcohol free
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Just saw this today. I stopped on August 13th. My plan is to make it, not only to the end of August, but to the end of the year...and beyond. I find that it adds no value to my life and my pursuit of longevity. I quit for 19 months from August 2010 to February 2012 and then I went golfing in FL with a bunch of guys. How can you not drink on a golf vacation???
    Anyway, good luck to all.