no carb diet

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not sure how you could eat no carb, even meat will have carbs
    Maybe buy a bucket of lard?

last I checked, a nice rib eye was 0 carbs. Offal (liver, etc) has carbs. Muscle meat does not.

one could also add in cheese. Many brands are 0 carb.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    It's nearly impossible to consume no carbohydrates whatsoever unless you only eat meat and nothing else.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Ya can't quite go "No Carb" but you can go on a low-carb diet.

I've been low carbing forever now and I've seen ridiculous results. Seriously. They're ridiculous.

But if you're going to do it, make sure you read up on it first and do your research. It doesn't take much to **** up one of these diets.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    no meat doesnt have carbs.

I went low carb, like under 20 g a day and I lost about 10 lbs in 7 days and continued losing as I slowly upped my carb intake to around 60-80 g.

I like it and would definitely recommend it. Good luck!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you are more likely looking for low carb. I eat chicken and broccoli or chicken an italian squash for dinner most nights. Tonight it's pork loin and broccoli slaw with jerk seasoning. I usually eat a chicken or turkey salad for lunch and breakfast is generally an Atkins bar (morning is a rush). Good luck!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not sure how you could eat no carb, even meat will have carbs
    Maybe buy a bucket of lard?

last I checked, a nice rib eye was 0 carbs. Offal (liver, etc) has carbs. Muscle meat does not.

one could also add in cheese. Many brands are 0 carb.

Really? Where does the glycogen in that ribeye go?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    thank you! I just want to try it for a few days not forever.

If you try it for a few days, you might as well stick to it forever, because you'll just gain the weight back when you're done experimenting. Carbs are good. Carbs are fuel. Rice, oatmeal, pasta, bread, the occasional slice of cake or cookie. Go for whole-grain or multi-grain.
  • kyosborne
    Options
    What do you aim to gain from completely cutting out carbs?? glucose is the only fuel our brains run on...
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    If you are eating meat and fat you are getting 0 carbs, there is no reason to quibble about the super minute amount that MIGHT be found in meat (as long as you are eating real, whole meat, and not store bought jerky or something).

Back in 2003 I did 0 carbs for 2 months. Did not eat anything but chicken, pork, and beef and felt amazing. The only reason I'm not doing it now is that my wife will gripe about variety.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    glucose and ketones
  • Marll
    Options

If you try it for a few days, you might as well stick to it forever, because you'll just gain the weight back when you're done experimenting. Carbs are good. Carbs are fuel. Rice, oatmeal, pasta, bread, the occasional slice of cake or cookie. Go for whole-grain or multi-grain.

Corrected:

Carbs can be fuel, but why not use your own fat? Rice, oatmeal, pasta, bread, the occasional slice of cake or cookie are all garbage foods for those with weak willpower and can't stick to a whole food diet. Go for whole-grain or multi-grain and potentially suffer bloat and other side effects of genetically engineered wheat!
  • catholic_chick
    Options
    And your brain likes ketones better than glucose!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Corrected:

Carbs can be fuel, but why not use your own fat? Rice, oatmeal, pasta, bread, the occasional slice of cake or cookie are all garbage foods for those with weak willpower and can't stick to a whole food diet. Go for whole-grain or multi-grain and potentially suffer bloat and other side effects of genetically engineered wheat!

:laugh:
  • floridaboater
    floridaboater Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In order for my blood sugar to stay stable and to stay thinner, I eat low carbs. Not sure if this is what you are asking but here is what I eat...in general...egg white scrambles with turkey bacon and feta, lunch is salad with ahi tuna or shrimp, dinner may be salmon and tomatoes with blue cheese...zucchini lasagna...meatballs, sauce and green beans...turkey meatloaf with side of veggie, etc. Tomorrow night will be hamburgers without the buns with Swiss cheese and mushrooms and a side of asparagus. As you may notice, there's no chicken...I don't like it so I am constantly looking for other high protein ideas. Hope this helps you or anyone else! :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Corrected:

You'll lose just as much fat with the same calorie deficit and protein intake, assuming no metabolic abnormalities that would require you to keep your carb intake in check
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Corrected:

Blah blah blah. You can be miserable if you like. I'll just keep losing weight.
  • Marll
    Options

Corrected:

Blah blah blah. You can be miserable if you like. I'll just keep losing weight.

Who's miserable? I'm perfectly fine with my diet and eating style, enjoy meat and vegtables, never real ate much fruit anyway and cut out all the garbage that made me feel bloated. I bake with alternative ingredients (I make a molten lava cake far superior to anything I've EVER had in a restaurant using no wheat, sugar or other garbage) and as you can see by my ticker I've lost 65lbs doing it this way.

Sooo, I'll enjoy my nice fat 16oz ribeye with mushroom,onion and bacon cream sauce and a size of roasted asparagus tonight while I imagine you slurping down yet another bowl of god awful mush that you call oatmeal (this coming from a former oatmeal fan by the way)

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Corrected:

You can be a martyr if you like - but eating carbs has absolutely nothing to do with will power - its a choice for many people because there is no point in not eating them.

ETA: I am confused - you are argueing for a no-carb diet and saying yours is fantastic, but you are eating carbs!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm considering it but not sure yet. A friend just lost 8 lbs in 5 days but I know everyone is different.

Two words: water weight.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    anyone have a sample menu for a no carb diet?

that sounds fairly awful.