I want to know how much coffee you drink

Options

Replies

• Panquinipa
    Options
    I used to drink that much coffee! Usually really strong... But I started to have stomach pains frequently! I didn't stop drinking it completely because I get really sick when I don't have caffeine!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I drink Cafe Bustelo espresso. Strong, and black. 4 Krups pots every morning (1 krup pot = 12oz mug). And then get to work and drink 6 - 8 cups of coffee there. Same way...no milk, no sugar, no creamer, no additives....Just pure black coffee.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    1 coffee or 2 or 3 teas.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I drink a full pot of strong black coffee per day. I feel like this is excessive. I don't generally drink any other caffeine though, usually stick to water or milk otherwise.
    I'm curious if people think this is a lot or what? Would be nice to see someone chime in and say they drink more I guess, lol.

One cup, max two on a sleepy day. Some days none.

A whole pot? How do you drink water on top of that?
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would easily say I do 18 to 22 shots of espresso a day. maybe more depending on the night before.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Got this from a magazine but according to the New England Journal of Med. subject who drank 3+cups of joe had a 10% lower risk of early death than non-coffee drinkers Booyah!!!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 4-5 big cups full every morning; almost a whole pot. When I took Chantix to quit smoking it also curbed my desire for coffee, along with the cigarettes. Now I'm good with one cup, sometimes not even that much.
  • Casaria
    Casaria Posts: 37
    Options
    i would average about 32 oz's a day...i think im still close to that
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Got this from a magazine but according to the New England Journal of Med. subject who drank 3+cups of joe had a 10% lower risk of early death than non-coffee drinkers Booyah!!!

A ha!, I knew those people who tell me, "you are going to kill yourself with all that espresso" were wrong after all!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I can't usually drink more than about 12 oz, because it makes my heart race and my blood pressure go up. But I love it.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No coffee......don't like it.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    None. Can't stand the taste.

LOVE the smell though...
  • wingshooter2004
    Options
    I used to drink coffee with lots of cream and sugar, soda pop, and sweet tea all day every day. A year ago I gave up soda and sweet tea due to reflux issues partially attributable to excessive caffine intake.

Now, I drink 1/3 to 1/2 of a 12 cup pot of regular coffee each morning. Then I drink one or two cups of decaf at night.

Since starting MFP I drink my coffee black, because the added calories from creamer and sugar just aint worth it.

The rest of the day all I drink is water and one cup of almond milk with my protein powder. Added bonuses to all this are that I pretty much don't take in refined sugars anymore and now caffine actually gives me more of a boost in the morning. Kinda like a non-alcohol drinker being more affected by a couple of beers I guess.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bout 6 black espressos before my morning work out then round it out with a latte with breakfast around8:30am. That does me for coffee then i drink green tea & water after that.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    A 22 ounce mug...sometimes another 1/2. We use instant Folgers now.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    None.

I drink either Lady Grey or herbal teaa. Coffe just tastes harsh to me.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

A ha!, I knew those people who tell me, "you are going to kill yourself with all that espresso" were wrong after all!!

And I also read their chances of colon cancer is something like 15% lower!! :drinker: :drinker:

The researchers looked in detail at their diets, habits and health, and found that people who drank four or more cups of coffee a day — regular or decaf — had a 15 percent lower risk of colon cancer compared with coffee abstainers.
    :
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I can't usually drink more than about 12 oz, because it makes my heart race and my blood pressure go up. But I love it.

I don't drink it at all. To me, it tastes terrible and makes your breath reek. I tried it in college (about 2 cups) while studying for finals once, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack - lots of palpitations and heart racing. It also did terrible things to my digestive tract. I don't know how you guys can stand it. Is it kind of like cigarettes, where you just develop an addiction for it and you don't feel well if you don't have it? :sick:
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    Anywhere from a couple of cups to a full pot on the days that I drink it. I used to drink it everyday, now it's just once and a while, but when winter comes it will probably be everyday again. I like it straight up with nothing in it and I usually drink Fair Trade coffee from Archer Farms (Target Brand).
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    A normal work day (night) one to two cups instant at home, three to four cups of real coffe ar work