Bachelor Party

Options

Replies

• sofakingawesome69
    Options
    If you don't want him to then tell him that. It's about fun and doing something "taboo". Trust me guys will look at babes no matter where it is, whether they are clothed or not. Or on the Interwebs. even on a fitness website for example..
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the idea either. It bothers the heck out of me. Mainly because I hear horror stories of how some of these women take money to do 'extra' activities...

However, I trust my husband. Plus, I have gone to the male rippers and it is all fun and games... Nothing bad has happened, I didn't feel like cheating, I wasn't comparing my husband to any of the men, etc.

I have learned to let my own insecurities go if I hear he has gone to a strip club.... Not that he goes very often though. He always complains that the beers are too expensive there anyways...hahahahaha
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The more you tell us we can't do something, the more ways we will find to hide what we are actually doing.

exac tly!!! woman are ridiculously strict sometimes. i feel like if youre getting married to him you should trust him enough to know that hes just going to have a fun night with his boys, not trying to get some from a stripper.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So wait... before he marries you, he wants to go pay other women to take off their clothes and dance for him and pretend they are sexually available to him?

Yeah, I don't see why you would object to that AT ALL.

Of course he's not going to DO anything with the women (like they would want him to!?), but if it were me in your position, I wouldn't be marrying someone who thought it was okay to be an entitled patriarchal jerk-face.

Wow! Is this news to you?
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    no, I'm not insecure. I just love the fact that my husband respects women. They sense that in him, and it makes me proud of him for being different.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So my man and I are getting married next June and the best man is already thinking about an awesome bachelor party... obviously the first thing that comes to my head is... strippers... I told my finace that I really do not want him to be going to a strip club. He respects me and he won't go to one but he wants to know why. Honestly, I know he wont be interested in them and will still love me :smile: But I just don't like the fact that he will be starring at naked girls :ohwell:

What are your thoughts? Guys and Women!

I totally agree and relate to you!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    >>But I just don't like the fact that he will be starring at naked girls>>
    Okay, so there's your reason. That, and the disrespect to you. Should that be enough of an answer for him? Maybe you need to think deeper about the reason of staring at naked women. Is it disrespectfull to women as a whole? Does it make you feel like you're not good enough? Does it make you feel like he's treating the women on stage as objects? (You opened a can o worms here...)

Looks almost as if he doesn't really care if he goes or not, but he wants to know why *you* won't like it and he wants a "strong" reason. (I'm guessing here.)
    Sure, it could be traditional for guys to go this route. There are more exciting things and there are more boring things. I've been and was bored after about 5 minutes. However, going with someone you adore and eating steak (in Portland) is pretty fun and a whole different ball-o-wax.

Don't get too wrapped up in the negative, it's a whole year away. This could mean a whole year of contention, or a whole year of planning something great for your future together.
    All the best.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My (was Fiancee, now husband) went to a hookah bar with some friends of his...then they went on a DC pub crawl.

They had a great time...then again, he is one of those guys who doesn't particularly enjoy strip clubs in the first place.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    That topic has come up with me and my boyfriend before because my female friends would more than likely take me to a male strip club or get me a male stripper and I'm sure his guy friends would want to do the same (female stripper obviously lol) but we have a mutual understanding. You're getting married to someone you have been in a long term commited relationship with (in most cases). Why break for one night even if it is your "last night". And the whole "last night of being single" thing is kinda lame too cause you're still not technically single. If he respects you then that should be that! I told my boyfriend I wouldn't want one just cause that's kinda awkward in my opinion to see a half naked guy you don't know shaking in front of you and getting all up on you. Not sexy in my eyes, just awkward.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If my man wanted to go, shoot, I'd be like can I go PLEASE! We have already talked about this though. He says he would feel uncomfortable with me going to a strip club with him. *sigh*:grumble:

The reason is up to you sweetheart. You can't ask a bunch of strangers as to why you don't want him to go. Sounds like you just don't want him to look at other women, naked. Then be honest with him. Tell him exactly that. He is marrying you. If he can not respect you being truthful, then something is wrong there. But if he decides to go because your answer is " Because I don't want you to" Shame on you.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    It's his BP. Hopefully he will only have one BP in his life. You should be okay with him going because you are about to marry him and so you trust him and know it will all be in good fun.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bachelor parties aren't my cup of tea either.

We went golfing the morning of the wedding for mine.

For my BIL we rented a cabin on the Guadalupe River near Sattler, TX. Total drunk fest...I was out on the river in my kayak fishing most of the time.

I don't like bachelor parties, and I don't like strip clubs. I wish it was for the noble moral reason of "that's someone's daughter," but it's more because they are a huge waste of money. But I go to both if my friend is getting married, because I am his friend.

My wife couldn't care less if I go, either. She's been a couple of times with me for one reason or another (not for "excitement," seeing as I'm not a fan, anyway). It's not like keeping me from strip clubs would stop me from ever seeing naked breasts. I can see them on the internet anytime i want. and to prove it (hold music) I just did.

So... in my opinion, if he's going to just have some fun, it's probably no big deal.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It's about seeing people with respect as whole human beings. When we lose that it is easy to justify almost anything.

I know - I hate being objectified, and being treated just as a mind or a wallet. I have a BODY!
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bachelor parties aren't my cup of tea either.

We went golfing the morning of the wedding for mine.

For my BIL we rented a cabin on the Guadalupe River near Sattler, TX. Total drunk fest...I was out on the river in my kayak fishing most of the time.

That is how a dude's party should be! =)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    That topic has come up with me and my boyfriend before because my female friends would more than likely take me to a male strip club or get me a male stripper and I'm sure his guy friends would want to do the same (female stripper obviously lol) but we have a mutual understanding. You're getting married to someone you have been in a long term commited relationship with (in most cases). Why break for one night even if it is your "last night". And the whole "last night of being single" thing is kinda lame too cause you're still not technically single. If he respects you then that should be that! I told my boyfriend I wouldn't want one just cause that's kinda awkward in my opinion to see a half naked guy you don't know shaking in front of you and getting all up on you. Not sexy in my eyes, just awkward.

Hahahaha...a particular scene from "Bridesmaids" just came to mind.

My "bachelorette" party consisted of me and a friend (one bestie) going to a karaoke bar...drinking, singing and playing corn hole with random people.

Then we went back to my house and watched "Bridesmaids" while enjoying cake. It was all i really wanted and super fun.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    It's about seeing people with respect as whole human beings. When we lose that it is easy to justify almost anything.

I know - I hate being objectified, and being treated just as a mind or a wallet. I have a BODY!

Now let's see you shake it.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It's not always about trust or insecurity. I don't want my boyfriend in a strip club, and it's got nothing to do with thinking he's going to cheat with a stripper. If he were to cheat on me, it wouldn't be with some skank in a titty bar. It's simply because I feel he shouldn't need that kind of "attention" from another woman. I do feel it is disrespectful to me and to our relationship. I would never tell him he can't go. He's not a child, and I am not his mother. But if he did go, knowing I didn't want him to, I would absolutely take it as a sign of where I stand with him.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    It's not always about trust or insecurity. I don't want my boyfriend in a strip club, and it's got nothing to do with thinking he's going to cheat with a stripper. If he were to cheat on me, it wouldn't be with some skank in a titty bar. It's simply because I feel he shouldn't need that kind of "attention" from another woman. I do feel it is disrespectful to me and to our relationship. I would never tell him he can't go. He's not a child, and I am not his mother. But if he did go, knowing I didn't want him to, I would absolutely take it as a sign of where I stand with him.

this
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    He can still have hookers and blow right?

winner!
  • HaleyJoAnn
    Options
    Thank you!