Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options

Replies

• clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    Alright. No need for cursing and all that, we're all adults here I believe. Please read my above comment. We're all adults here I believe. And freedom of speech is allowed here. I just stated my opinion.

No ma'am, freedom of speech is not allowed here. It's a privately owned, moderated forum. If you're going to use the "freedom of speech" shpeel, please first educate yourself as to what it actually means. Thanks and have a lovely day.

Okay, one I'm not arguing over the internet and two I didn't say anything that would get me in trouble on "here". I'm not the one with the potty mouth.

I sincerely apologize to the poster of this particular topic and everyone who I offended. That was not my intention. I didn't realize it came across that way. I'm sorry.
  • tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job and look great!
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump (at work and cant access blogs) :ohwell:
  • Veronikitta
    Options
    Your triumph is amazing and inspiring! I'm going to wear my loose skin like a badge if I get it and I know its not forever, I carried the weight for a lifetime a few years wearing my skin badge is nothing in comparison to the discrimination of being obese.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You've done an awesome job...congrats! Also, I love some of the meal ideas. Nice job!
  • pen_thief
    pen_thief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You before and afters are just amazing. I applaud you for all of the dedication you must have had to do this is such a short amount of time. I am taking a slower route myself because I think it will be easier for me to stick to. I've tried and failed so many times, so I'm hesitant to try weight loss in expert mode :)

Congrats again on your transformation...truly inspirational!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

Too funny that instead of congrats and way to keep up the hard work.. someone finds the negatives!! GO FIGURE!

I'm not trying to be mean or negative. I'm saying that in most cases people can't do that. I don't think I've ever heard of that. And yes, he did it right as far as dieting and exercising, I suppose. But, there are reasons they say to only lose 1-2 lbs a week. I think that promoting that kind of very fast weight loss is going to give people false hopes. I also believe that even people who don't have that much to lose. Like myself I've had a child and I have stretchmarks and if I tried to do that I'd have a ton of skin. I'm being very careful so I don't. So, if someone like me tried to do that I want them to be aware that excess skin is more than likely going to be an issue. And that's something I wouldn't want I'd rather wait it out and see if I still get skin. I commend him for all of his VERY HARD work and his self-control and discipline. I didn't mean to come across that way. I believe that people should know that there are going to be consequences. All he was pointing out were the positives. And I'd say yes, the positives outweigh the negatives. I just hope everyone is aware. That's all.

You need to do research. They said 1-2 pounds for moderate weight loss. OBVIOUSLY when someone loses 100 pounds, they needed to. GET A CLUE! You can give your speech to someone else because I lost over 16 pounds in three weeks. OMG THE DEVIL IS WORKING! Get a clue! The work this person has done supercedes anything and WHO GIVES A FLYING EFF if there is extra skin? At that point, your health is WAY more important than extra skin and losing that much weight is def better for your heart and internal organs. GET A CLUE LADY!! Youve seemed to take the glory out of this story but... GREAT JOB AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK are in order! YOU GO AND LOSE 100 MORE if you NEED to!!! <<applause>>
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'll be lucky to lose that much in 4 years, totally jealous
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job, seriously.

And in regards to the loose skin comment, I once told my husband how concerned I am over loose skin and his reply to me was, "Well, it's a good problem to have." I can't tell you how good that made me feel. And it's very true! I will take some loose skin as opposed to being 100 pounds overweight.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I did not even know this was possible. Anyway congrats ! You look amazing.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

And in regards to the loose skin comment, I once told my husband how concerned I am over loose skin and his reply to me was, "Well, it's a good problem to have." I can't tell you how good that made me feel. And it's very true! I will take some loose skin as opposed to being 100 pounds overweight.

LOOK AT YOU!!! You are at 80 pounds!! You go girl! Lose skin is something that will be okay when your heart and health are on track!! You must feel and look healthy HOWEVER, the overall affects of losing 100 pounds is amazing!! I will have my skin and love it every day when its not filled with fat :)
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Amazing & I love your blog. Thinking maybe that you are a new inspiration for me! It's been four long months, and I've lost only 25lbs. I'm going to cut out the carbs finally- and have one cheat day a week. :)
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Amen!

LOOK AT YOU!!! You are at 80 pounds!! You go girl! Lose skin is something that will be okay when your heart and health are on track!! You must feel and look healthy HOWEVER, the overall affects of losing 100 pounds is amazing!! I will have my skin and love it every day when its not filled with fat :)
  • Family_Man
    Options
    Bump!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I did not even know this was possible. Anyway congrats ! You look amazing.

That was my thought. I am amazed a person could drop that much that fast and survive. The man is a freak of nature. And before anyone goes and gets butthurt I meant that in a good way.
  • RoseSweet
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    congrats! can you please give me some pointers??? thank you
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

this is true in general.. but if you open your eyes you can SEE this profile pic of before and after and I sure dont see hangin skin on him!!! he obviously worked out big time.. can be done!.. and yeah negative sucks.. we get enough of it in the world.. dont want it on mfp world!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You before and afters are just amazing. I applaud you for all of the dedication you must have had to do this is such a short amount of time. I am taking a slower route myself because I think it will be easier for me to stick to. I've tried and failed so many times, so I'm hesitant to try weight loss in expert mode :)

Congrats again on your transformation...truly inspirational!

ditto!!!
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    For me you are inspiring! Bringing a more natural slant to food - showing that at whatever size we can exercise - perservere - push our boundaries - you have it all going on - fabulous achievement well done x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!