How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story... I'm off to read your blog :) Congrats!!!
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your incredibly inspiring story. I love the way the pictures illustrate your points so clearly!
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Love that you eat your exercise calories and that your progress has been slow, steady and healthy :)
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    After reading your section on strength and weight training, I have to ask, what do you do for strength training? You look amazing and all your hard work has paid off!
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    AWESOME POST!!d And best of all, great advice! Thank you! Good to know that even from goal weight you not only maintained, but have gotten stronger and faster and more happy with how you look. Well done!! Thank you for sharing your story with us! Cheers!
  • NewBeginnings0148
    NewBeginnings0148 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing as well as happy and healthy! Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us and also for sharing so many great pictures. You inspire all of us on what we can accomplish with hard work and perseverance. Thank You!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I'm 5'5 and 40 years old. I feel like a cheesy infomercial. "I'm 40 years old and in the best shape of my life!" :laugh:
    Congrats! So if my BMR is 1680, I need to eat under 1680 to lose weight( around 1400 calories)?I lift weights (2x a week with hubby) and do cardio a 4x a week.Eating the right amount of food is always the tricky part.

Appreciate any tips

Nope. Your BMR is the absolute minimum your body needs to maintain it's weight, just doing basic things like keeping your heart beating, lungs breathing and spleen doing... whatever it is spleens do. :wink: As soon as you wake up, you're burning more calories than your BMR. Your deficit comes off your TDEE - total daily energy expenditure - not off your BMR.

My BMR is somewhere around 1300. My TDEE is around 2300.

As for strength training, up until about a month ago, I used the machines at Planet Fitness. I hated going to the gym, so I got a cheap bench and barbell set for home use, and feel like I get a much better workout. I'm not following any particular plan or program, but I probably should. I just warm up, then do the basic moves like squat, deadlift, overhead press, chest press, rows, calf extensions, etc. Pretty much, the same stuff I did with 5# dumbbells before I lifted heavy, and the same stuff I did on the machines, just without the machines and with heavier weights.
  • navygunner
    navygunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I have been in MFP half that time and you just gave me another shot of inspiration! :happy:
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love:

You are so beautiful! My goodness what a difference!! Your advice is amazing as well.
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! And I LOVE all the comparison pictures!
  • Lindabummy
    Options
    How inspirational. I am more motivated than I was before. You look wonderful! Not only shaped and toned, but healthy and vibrant. Good job. thanks for sharing
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You are so inspiring. What a wonderful thing you've done for yourself! :smile:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    You continue to be one of my MFP heroes. :love: :flowerforyou:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • cakebarn
    cakebarn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your pictures! You look amazing! It was really the post that I needed to read today! Thanks again!!
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results...thanks for sharing, I was starting to feel a little discouraged with my recent muscle (I think) gain. Thanks for giving me a positive way to think about it. I apreciate it!
  • ScottCadi
    Options
    LOVE it!!!! What a great story, great way to show it, and great advice!

Hot inside and out!
  • witchmoon
    Options
    Just Amazing! Love your story! You are beautiful begining to end! (Gotta love that butt!!) WOW!!! Those weights have made a difference in your curves! So I am trying to lose almost 100 lbs. Started a month before MFP and 23 lbs lost since june 27th. My worry is OMG! What if I sag everywhere? Is it possible to tighten some of it? :huh: Anyway I am glad you shared your story! Blessings and TY!!!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great story. Love the pics! You look amazing! Congrats.
  • ntsot
    ntsot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This was very encouraging. While I have to lose a lot of weight my mom struggles with only 5 pounds. To see somebody going from normal weight to looking even better really helped, since other success stories are usually extreme.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!