How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So I think this may be the 3rd or 4th thread with pretty much this same pictures and same story, and thus the 3rd or 4th time that I've said way to go. I get wanting congratulations for your awesome work because you look great (and I myself will fish for compliments in a heartbeat), but why not just bump your original thread for that instead of making multiples? I always get on the success board to see people's success stories because it gives me hope and motivation and it's slightly frustrating to click a new thread and just have it be the same thing I've already seen 3 or 4 times.

That being said, you have done great and you should be proud.

Wow - who pissed on your wheaties this morning. A lot of people are inspired by the OP and find her updates motivational. You jelly?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So I think this may be the 3rd or 4th thread with pretty much this same pictures and same story, and thus the 3rd or 4th time that I've said way to go. I get wanting congratulations for your awesome work because you look great (and I myself will fish for compliments in a heartbeat), but why not just bump your original thread for that instead of making multiples? I always get on the success board to see people's success stories because it gives me hope and motivation and it's slightly frustrating to click a new thread and just have it be the same thing I've already seen 3 or 4 times.

Wow - who pissed on your wheaties this morning. A lot of people are inspired by the OP and find her updates motivational. You jelly?
    Wow lol what is this persons problem.
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    I think you are my new role model! I just love your post and you look absolutely fantastic!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!

I can't wait to be back to 130!
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! You look fantastic.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the story and all the pictures! Your dedication and wisdom is inspiring!!!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Well... My "I just don't care anymore" thread from February keeps getting bumped when new people discover it, but I have little control over that. I don't want to just add new photos to an old thread, because most people just read the first page, not every page. And I know myself, I don't always often go back to topics I read before and posted in.

Plus, there's new people here all the time. Keeping that in mind is pretty much the only way I stay sane through the countless "do I eat my exercise calories" and "will weight lifting make me bulky" threads. It's always someone's first day here. It's always new information to someone.

And, I'll admit... it's hard sometimes to stay motivated once you're in maintenance. Just as hard as getting started. Just as hard as losing. It's hard to not see much changes in your appearance and you start to think, "What the hell am I doing this for? Why am I spending a half hour to an hour, three times a week, picking something up and putting it down? Why am I running 3-6 miles three every other day? It's not making a difference!" I feel amazing, but I have just as much self-doubt and insecurity as anyone else.

And I gotta say... y'all are making me misty. It absolutely amazes me that people find me inspirational. In my head, I'm still the skinny little shapeless and dateless dork in gym class, hearing, "Lorina's up to bat...everyone move in." :blushing:

Besides... 600 days in a row is a pretty decent milestone. I could have just posted a "NSV, I've logged in 600 days!" post, but I wanted to make it something special. I spent a few hours this morning writing this up, trying to put more than a year and a half of knowledge and experience into a humorous, educational and thought provoking post. I used some new photos that I took yesterday and the day before. Of course the basic story and before photos are going to be the same... if I could go back in time to change my past, I'd have never needed to join here in the first place! :laugh:

Every once in a while I come across your name, pics, story and it does not annoy me at all. I would always smile and be happy for you and remember your pics from this run in a kilt , muddy but happy :bigsmile: !!!!!!!
    What you just wrote (quotation) is so honest and sooooooooooooooo true. Maintenance sucks and is not easy at all and you/we have the damn right to keep ourselves motivated by posting and getting nice comments. And you are proof for the fact that we don't have to starve ourselves or look bulky when lifting.
    You're doing an amazing job. You look so hot and beautiful : well done!!!!!!!!! Waiting for your next post soon ;-)
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    Your story is amazing! You look stunning!
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love how well you documented your journey with pics! Excellently written and so inspiring. The difference in your body between not exercising at 130 and weight lifting at 134 is remarkable. A picture is worth a 1000 words. I can't believe the difference in your arms and your butt from weight lifting! I'm motivated to get back to the gym sooner than later...Thank you!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • mrsjacksn
    mrsjacksn Posts: 113
    Options
    bump
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing :-) Congrats on everything you are truly an inspiration :-)
  • Dilite2
    Dilite2 Posts: 25
    Options
    Congratulation - I loved your advise and the way you expressed your positive attitude and determination,

Thank you :smile:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. truly inspirational.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!

You look fabulous, healthy, strong and FAST!!

GO you!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    What a beautifully told story from a beautiful person!

A few minor comments...
    Plus, there's new people here all the time. Keeping that in mind is pretty much the only way I stay sane through the countless "do I eat my exercise calories" and "will weight lifting make me bulky" threads. It's always someone's first day here. It's always new information to someone.

Glad to hear someone else's strategy for dealing with the repetition. And the reminder that while it may be "old hat" to some of us, it's new and useful to others. (I've been saving some responses to "repeats" in my blog.)

I also especially appreciate the post from someone who's been here for as long as you, and has been "maintaining" for a year. As many of us know, losing isn't the only step. It doesn't look like you're maintaining, you're continuing to improve!

And wow can I identify with this...
    In my head, I'm still the skinny little shapeless and dateless dork in gym class, hearing, "Lorina's up to bat...everyone move in."

Besides... 600 days in a row is a pretty decent milestone.

You have a talent for understatement, it's not just a decent milestone, it's major and impressive!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your story, experience and lessons!

Corrected for a typo, a quote that was cut shorter than intended, and ref to blogging.
  • thephysiquemechanic
    thephysiquemechanic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job & Well said.
  • Bryanslady
    Bryanslady Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job !
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thank you for posting that - your story is truly amazing and motivational! You rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!