Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

14567810»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    This is easy.

My name is Dino,

A kid said to me one day: "You have a funny name!"

My reply: "My mom named me after the Flintstones Dinosaur, You know Dino Dinosaur?"

Kid: *turns to his mom*: "Mommy, whats a Flintsones?"

oh.... now that's just wrong. :noway:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    When my brother became old enough to drink. I was 9 when he was born. I changed his diaper and now he can buy booze!

Coincidentally, I was 30.

Same! When my baby sis bought me the first drink when she turned 21... I died a little inside!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    It happens all the time when I teach. Last time it happened when I made a reference to Sleestacks and the whole class looked like :indifferent:

I'm older than you, and I have no idea what that is. It definitely sounds like something naughty, but if you are mentioning it in class, it probably isn't.:blushing:

OMG... Land of the Lost!
    SO many things on this list have made me feel old. LOL

http://landofthelost.wikia.com/wiki/Sleestak
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    I was fine when I turned '50'. But, I was getting my hair cut one day, and a friend of mine was there. She had also recently turned 50. I overheard her saying 'Fifty isn't so bad, but you know? It keeps going....51...52...53... That's the part I don't like.'

That's when I started to feel 'old'.
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Repost this in 40 years and I will answer you then ;)
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    When my 8 year old son asked me " when you were my age,
    was there tv?" REALLY???

And every time I go against my two foot away from the
    mirror rule!
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    When my youngest daughter graduated high school :(
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    I dropped something. I don't even remember what it was. Instead of quickly bending down and picking it up I looked at it by me feet and thought, "You know, I make enough money now I could buy another one of those." That's when I knew I was old.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    When I realized that the 18-year-olds I see out at the clubs every weekend weren't even born yet when Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" came out. That album was life-changing for me--it started my love affair with 90's gangsta rap that still exists to this day.

Yep, I'm that professional looking white woman driving to work in my business suit and sensible heels, bumpin' "Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)" and spittin' out every lyric word for word. Take "Ain't No Fun" and replace it with any popular 90s rap hit, and the same story holds true.

YES! I do this too.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    - When I got carded to get into a bar and took it as a compliment.
    - The first time I got called "Ma'am" in the grocery store
    - When my daughter turned 10
    -When I found my first gray hair (I was 29)
    - The morning after the last concert I went to (got my *kitten* kicked in the mosh pit!) \m/
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    when someone asked me about a scar on my leg and asked when it happened....I said 7th grade and they replied "you did that 20 years ago?!" It looks recent!!!!

Side note......Do they still have "Have you seen this person?" fliers, if so you don't know nothing!!!!! And I wasn't here!!!!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    I was driving my 9 year old granddaughter home from gymnastics practice and as we passed an apartment complex where a friend lived, I told her that I had a friend who lived in those apartments. She looked at me with a puzzled expression and asked, "You have friends?" LOL Guess she didn't think grandmothers had friends.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    The kids I babysat as 2 year olds are now going into junior high!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    In may when I got the 25th High School reunion invite.
  • tata2g3
    tata2g3 Posts: 90 Member
    when someone asked me about a scar on my leg and asked when it happened....I said 7th grade and they replied "you did that 20 years ago?!" It looks recent!!!!

Side note......Do they still have "Have you seen this person?" fliers, if so you don't know nothing!!!!! And I wasn't here!!!!

Lmao!!! Too funny

My felt old moment was when seeing all the kids that I babysat graduate and some are well into college or the military.
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    As I listen to my 15 year old nephew! He tells me everything,
    which is good, but kids go through stuff WAY too young!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    When the girl I was talking to at Best Buy didn't remember Mt. St. Helens blowing up. It happened on my 20th birthday back in 1980.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    When my 11 year old said...mom, you were born in WHAT year...WOW the 1900's.....
    ouch....that hurts me to

I try not to feel old. if you put a "er" at the end of it is makes it all relative.
    I am not old...i am older
  • When my son picked up an LP Record at a yard sales and said "Look Mom, a scratching disk". That made me feel really old and laugh so hard.

Also, last night when my husband was gesturing to roll the car window down to my daughter (like cranking his hand to roll the window down) and she looked at me to see what he was telling her to do. So sad!