My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options

Replies

• Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

This is the last day of our 2nd week and most of us are still working on our weekly point!!

I want to get rid of my belly and I want to work on my abs everyday. So far, I am able to do it without having pain the next morning. I will soon be able to work more intensively on the AKP :happy: This morning, I measured my belly and it is at 36.5! I lost .5 inch since the beginning of the month!!! :happy: :happy: I also want to lose 2 or 3 more inchs on my hips, but I am not quite sure how to do it. I guess it will come in time.

Today, I want to do my buns and thighs Pilates DVD on top of the AKP and the bicycle. That DVD just might be the secret to losing some inchs on my hips, how knows... Maybe I should start doing it every day too... It could work!! The Gazelle could be a good idea also, especially if I put some resistance on it.

Presently, Saxoldies is on the bicycle. He has decided the best time for him to do his workouts is in the morning before going to work. I will also keep on reminding him to work on his abs. That way, he will be a better musician!! This week, he gets 5/7. He did not do intensive workouts, but he is did something. This is a lot more for him. This summer, we should be able to go hicking together and he won't feel it is so hard to do :happy: :happy:

This new lifestyle is going to be so amazing for us. We are going to do some outdoor activities together. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • KrayzeeBiites
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :) , im off to do my new wii game (biggest loser) in a sec .. ive lost 11 stone in 2009 and im trying to loose another 2 stone this year i got to stay focused lol.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    7/7 week 2 finished! Woo-Hoo feels great, I had some fun today with a belly dance dvd and then a 20 min fit tv core workout. Not a lot of calories burn, but fun, fun, fun...I am going tot ry to finish the day with a run, the sunshine is suppose to be on it's way!
    Keep up the great job everyone!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Yesterday, I made 6/7 by doing 32 min of low impact aerobics. Today, I am 7/7 after 40 min on the treadmill. I am going to call today day 1of week 7 C25K training even through I had to take a short 2 min walk mid-run - at least I did 25 min of running at 5.0 mph. I can't wait for the weekend - we should have nice weather and I plan to get out snow shoeing. All this exercise must be paying off - I lost 2 more pounds this week despite being out of town eating and drinking more than I should have last weekend.
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am at 2/7 since I just joined but did 25 minutes on the elipitcal and 50 minutes of body pump class yesterday. Am planning on walking at lunch today and after work. Gonna get my point next week!!!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    can i butt in??? i know we're a couple of weeks in but i kinda have been wanting a fitness challenge. i have been keeping track on a calender since the beginning of the year any exercise i do. some days it's a lot, others none. i think this would help get me consistent!!!

today's plan......walk 3 miles followed by stretching :wink:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

wow, great accomplishment for everyone for working out. This sure is a very hard-working group.

Congrats to all that have lost weight as well. I am sure that at the end of this week we will all be showing weight loss.

Today I have my 7/7, wheww.. Went to the gym and ran in treadmill for 30 minutes, 30 minutes of elliptical, 20 min. of strength training, and 15 minutes of ab ripper from ab ripper x.

Missou- I'm also working towards having better abs! Good luck to us both!

Have a nice day all.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    can i butt in??? i know we're a couple of weeks in but i kinda have been wanting a fitness challenge. i have been keeping track on a calender since the beginning of the year any exercise i do. some days it's a lot, others none. i think this would help get me consistent!!!

today's plan......walk 3 miles followed by stretching :wink:

Of course you may butt in :laugh: :laugh: Just tell me how many days you have done a workout since the 1st and I will add your name to our table.

Welcome and may the pounds melt away :wink:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    This group is AWESOME, not only do you all rock it out as it relates to your workouts but I love that everyone is consistently checking in. Reading all of you all posts and knowing I can earn a point has really kept me motivated and focused thus far and I hope it continues.

I'm 7/7 this week and have earned my 1st point. I so wish I could have known about this group prior to the new year b/c I would not have been using Sundays as my rest day and I would have earned 2 points by now.

Anyway, I went to the gym this morning and was able to burn 300 calories on the stairmaster and 320 on the elliptical maching for a total of 620 calories burned.....WooHoo.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm hoping I can at least get a 1 lb loss. I'm only 2 lbs away from my goal weight and I soooooo want to reach it and sometimes these last few pounds can be sooooo stubborn.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good Mornin everyone -

1 hour long spinning class today. I love love love my spinning classes. I actually get excited to work out on the days that I go to these. There is always good music and a few dozen other people suffering through it with you so you're not alone...They force me to work out HARD for an hour. I usually can't make myself do that on my own.

- I can usually burn around 600 calories there. So that's my cardio for the day. Might lift some later tonight when I get home as well...
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Ncislandgirl and Amcclure, I just wanted to let you know that we usually always confirm the exercise that we have done. We don't only talk about our plans. It somehow is nice and encouraging to tell everyone that you have done this or that. I know that it keeps me on my toes :laugh: :laugh:

Nice going everyone. I rearranged my training room and brought my DVDs in my living room. All I need to do now is to start my training :laugh: I have to, I want my weekly point!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    7/7 today. I did (or attempted) week 4 day 1 of couch to 5k again. 1 mile with leslie sansone. Will do 2 more miles later.
    Lost 2.6 pounds as of yesterday. Today jumped on the scale today and lost another 1.2. I guess the plateau weight is seeping off slowly. I'm not complaining:bigsmile:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good job on the weight loss everyone!!

I got my first point today!!! I was 20 minutes on the AKP, 20 on the Gazelle with resistance and another 20 on my bicycle. On it, there are 8 levels of resistance and I am now up to the 5th. I am not fast, but I am working and burning some calories. I know for sure now that the Gazelle is a great workout for the buns and thighs. Tonight, Saxoldies has two massages, so he will be out most of the evening. During that time, I intend to do my buns and thighs DVD. Those hips are going to shrink, that is certain!!! I also am going to proudly were a bikini for the first time in about 10 years on my cruise in May :happy:

I love our group, you are so motivating!!! Take care and keep on posting!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am in for another point because I did 50 minutes of insanity Pure Cardio for a 425 calorie burn! 7/7
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I'm starting the day off with my 1/7. Today was a hard one for me, because my body was tired, but I managed to get to the gym and ran for 30 minutes in treadmill, 15 minutes of elliptical, and15 minutes of ab ripper from p90x.

Here's to a good day all!
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!
    For workouts, I did 6/7 which is my personal goal b/c at this point, since it's been a while, I need at least 1 day of rest for my body.
    : )

Weigh in for today is 178!
    Lost 6 pounds!
    Lost 4 inches on my waist since 2 weeks ago.

: )
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome to week 3 of the workout challenge :bigsmile: I get to start it out being 1/7. I did 20 min of a circuit training video for some strengthening followed by 14 min of low impact aerobics (1 mile with Leslie Sansone.)
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Didn't work out yesterday. Fell asleep at the same time as my daughter around 730! I really needed the sleep though, so I guess I'll try not to be too disappointed. Today is a new day so time to get it right!

5/7
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Pinbotchick, I am missing some data for you. Did you workout on Wednesday and Thursday? So far, you are at 5/7 for week 2.

Spinctress, welcome to our group!! You are at 6/7 for the second week of January, what about the first? Another thing, on the 7th day, you could do a nice stretching session which is very good for your body or you can take a walk. That is enough. What is important, is not that you make an intense program everyday, it is more that you take the time to move.

My back is a little sore today from the Gazelle. I will take it easy today. I intend to go on the rowing-cycling machine and do a litttle Pilates DVD. A little rest for my abs and my back will be good.

Take care everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I must say this thread is keeping me active b/c I really, really did not want to workout this morning but I wanted to be in the running to earn an additional point this week so I went ahead and got the workout in. Instead of doing an intense dvd I completed 40 minutes of my "Core Rhythms" dvd. This dvd demonstrates different Latin dance moves and makes them into a form of exercise. In order to increase my heart rate a little I added 3 and 5 lb weights to the routine. I'm glad the workout is over AND that I decided to complete it. I am therefore 1/7 to start the week and looking forward to earning my 2nd point.

My current weight is 126.5 lbs so I am down .5 lbs this week. I only have 1.5 lbs remaining before I reach my goal weight.

Almomay, thank you for the encouraging words.