WTF????

Options
Arby's turkey bacon WRAP is AT LEAST 600 calories?????????? What the hell??? OMG. I am so freaking pissed. I guess NO WHERE has anything healthy. So what do you do? Decline all invites from family/friends when they wanna go out to eat?? What is wrong with all these fast food places?? And sit down restaurants are no better, probably are even worse. That's ridiculous. SCREW ARBY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Arby's turkey bacon WRAP is AT LEAST 600 calories?????????? What the hell??? OMG. I am so freaking pissed. I guess NO WHERE has anything healthy. So what do you do? Decline all invites from family/friends when they wanna go out to eat?? What is wrong with all these fast food places?? And sit down restaurants are no better, probably are even worse. That's ridiculous. SCREW ARBY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I eat out. I just make sure I check nutritional info before hand
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    LOL! I know what you mean! Anytime Ihave to eat fast food, unfortunately, I always opt for a salad with limited dressing. And we wonder why so many folks are overweight??? Eating healthy is not only expensive, it's very time consuming. Hang in there! :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

If you eat half it's only 300cals and 600 cals for a sandwich isn't all that much
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you expected from Arbys xD

usually when I go out to eat I check nutrition before, and either work it into my calories or get something light

Subway, Jimmy johns, mcdonalds even have low calorie stuff
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    LOL! I know what you mean! Anytime Ihave to eat fast food, unfortunately, I always opt for a salad with limited dressing. And we wonder why so many folks are overweight??? Eating healthy is not only expensive, it's very time consuming. Hang in there! :smile:

Very time consuming. Thank God for smart phones. I can look up stuff on the fly.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's a bummer, isn't it? A lot of times, a majority of the calories come from cheese and sauce. Maybe you could have it prepared without those. You CAN eat fast food, you just have to some research first. You can look at almost every chain's nutrition info online, and that can help you make an educated decision about what you can eat where. It would be really nice if every restaurant had to clearly post nutrition info for everyone to see, wouldn't it? Maybe some day...
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you thought a fast food item with bacon in the title would be "healthy"
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As long as you are careful what you eat, then you can do it. My BFF had a reasonable dinner from Zaxby's the other night.
  • Acg67
    Options

A head of lettuce isn't all that expensive...
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    Arby's should be called SALTY's....The sodium in their sandwiches are DEATH!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Mainstream food manufacturers and restaurants are counting on you to NOT do your homework. They figure that if it looks and sounds healthy, you won't bother checking into the ton of carbs, sugar and fat that is in their crap. Even grilled chicken on salads is often brined in a salty sugary mess that piles on the calories and diminishes its health benefit.

Stop trusting those who want your money in exchange for their yummy flavors. They can care less about your health and well being.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you thought a fast food item with bacon in the title would be "healthy"

Bacon in the title of anything makes it healthy. good for your soul and such. and when I eat out I make sure I do something big to counter it like an insane workout or hike to earn all the delicious calories.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    600 Calories, yet that is true, but it's 10 ounce of food, that's a whole meal. it's not like you're eating it as if it is a snack, is it?. I'd worry more about all that salt
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You may be surprised to hear this, but Wendy's is pretty reasonable. I've gone there pretty often while dieting. The local one where I live has the whole nutrition chart up right next to the order counter and they actually have some pretty low calorie choices available. They are up-front with everything so it makes ordering while on a diet pretty simple. Not to mention, their website is simple as well. So you can go to their website, pick out your order and figure out your calories before hitting up the drive-thru.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Mainstream food manufacturers and restaurants are counting on you to NOT do your homework. They figure that if it looks and sounds healthy, you won't bother checking into the ton of carbs, sugar and fat that is in their crap. Even grilled chicken on salads is often brined in a salty sugary mess that piles on the calories and diminishes its health benefit.

Stop trusting those who want your money in exchange for their yummy flavors. They can care less about your health and well being.

Lol how many cals does brining add to chicken?

Brining chicken/pork etc keeps it juicy and more flavorful, it's something home cooks should do more of
  • haleydself
    Options

A head of lettuce isn't all that expensive...

I buy heads of lettuce..
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I eat the chicken piri piri skewers when I eat out - only 320 calories at Harvester :-)
  • haleydself
    Options

Uh... I cook bacon at home and it's still fairly healthy. Thanks.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The calorie count of a food has absolutely no bearing on whether it's "healthy" or not. Plenty of healthy foods are high calorie, and there are plenty of low or no calorie foods that aren't healthy. If you want to complain about it being higher calorie than you expected, that's one thing, but to rant about it not being healthy solely for being higher calorie is rather ignorant.
  • haleydself
    Options

Yep, your right! I guess we have to learn things the hard way sometimes. I'm still pissed though, lol.