300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• honeywiggs
    Options
    I am so thrilled for you! I spend 25 years of my life between 250 and 320. I found a great health program that helped me lose weight quickly and had an educational component! Now I know how to eat 6 low glycemic meals a day and stay healthy for life! I am starting to run. I don't like it but I am committed so I admire you tremedously!

Honey Beth
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to run, but my doctor has told me not to run until I get at least 30 lbs off because if I start now it will tear my knees up (no previous knee injuries). This makes me think "why not!" Good job!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME!! And you are a superhero. I hope since this is your second that means that one wasn't enough and you're going to keep going!

I started my running as well at 300+ and am now (just today) under 250, so KEEP IT UP!!! You are doing awesome.

And congrats on your PR! (Personal Record) ...a few minutes is nothing to sneeze at.. I've set new PR's by less than 30 seconds but it still counts! :)
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WTG Girl!! Keep it up!
  • Judyann6
    Judyann6 Posts: 22
    Options
    That is amazing. WTG :flowerforyou:
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    That is beautiful. Keep on running. Keep on breaking your own records. You're a great inspiration for anyone who says they can't do it.
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Inspirational
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I haven't worked up to running yet. My body feels so awkward when I try, but I want to. I'm thinking maybe I'll try the Race for The Cure in October. You are so inspiring! Great job and keep it up!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Really proud of you:flowerforyou:
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your win is Epic.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to me.
  • heatherterp
    Options
    you did it!!!!!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Thats incredible my hat is off to you when I was 300 pounds Iwas lucky to be able to walk a few blocks and back I kept at it and have steadily improved if you are at 5ks now the sky is the limit I can run 4 or 5 miles at a time now and I am sure if you want to and keep at it you will be able to run forever
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!! Way to go!
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    way to go girl!!!!!!
  • valurtiaga
    Options
    That's amazing! People like you inspire me that I can do it! Thank you and Keep up the awesome work!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Well done!

You are proof that we can do what we set our minds to.

Karen
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome! Thanks for sharing your great story. I love the pictures too!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!