300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! And, so truly Inspiring!! I started C25K last year and started have IT Band issues half way through it. And, I've been scared to start again (and at a heavier weight). But, you have inspired me to try again!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story! It proves that if you want it and you work for it, you can achieve it. Way to go! I'm working my way up to running one full time around our local walking track (0.7 miles). Once I can do that, I will KNOW that anything is possible. Congrats, and keep breaking those records!!!
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great Job. It is true in the end of March this past year just a little under 300 and I was doing my first run. It may only may have been a mile but it was more then I could do before. Congrats:bigsmile:
  • Tracyaz63
    Options
    You ARE a superhero!!!
    Absolutely amazing!!!
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    wow! I want you to know that you have just inspired me. I weigh 305 right now and thought to myself just this week... I'm still WAY too big to run no point in even trying!

Well obviously that's horse**** so thank you for showing me that I was just making another excuse for myself. I am going to start the C25K immediately.

Thank you again for all your hard work it has showed me what is possible.
  • kelly152966
    kelly152966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I saw this post and had to look at it, I had just seen pictures of The Glow Run on my newsfeed...I love to find people who are close, I am in Lincoln. I just want to say congratulations, I hope you had a lot of fun! I recently ran The Color Run that was in Omaha, and it was my first 5K ever. The feeling of accomplishing something like this is so great, words can almost not explain it! I am so happy for your progress thus far and only wish you good luck for reaching and achieving all of your goals. It inspires me to see the goals you have set. Like I said, much luck to you evey step of the way! :D
  • getitogher
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. You are an inspiration. I am sitting here searching for motivation. Instead of waiting to start exercising after I lose some weight, you have showed me the time is now. I know I can't run right now, but I will crawl until I can. Thanks again. HUGS!
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great Great job! I love it when people prove to themselves (and others) they can do what they thought was out of reach.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great job. I so admire you. i am a walker/runner. I am going to do my first 13.1 this year. :flowerforyou: Keep going. BUMP>

patsy
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    you are my HERO. that is all.
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Fabulous work. You rock! Go get em!
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    PS: You're my idol!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK! So inspiring, I was crying along as I read your story!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!!!! big congrats!!!!
  • xtrordinari
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Congratulations on an awesome accomplishment.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing.
  • shoz147
    shoz147 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well done-keep up the good work and don't let anything stop you from achieving your goals.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK! So inspiring, I was crying along as I read your story!

I did,too. and I'm a bad-*kitten* guy.
  • treromano
    Options
    That is amazing and you are a true inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!