Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning Breezy, what's your plan of attack for today?

Yesterday I started the day w/so much energy but today not so much. I didn't sleep well at all which has been a constant problem over the last year or so but for some reason I thought it was improving, Hah, the joke was on me. I went to bed by 11 pm but was up by 3:30 and tossed and turned until about 6:30 til I finally said forget it and turned on the morning news. I knew if I didn't get the workout in w/in the next hour I would try to talk myself out of it so I threw in my Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt" dvd and did the best I could do. While I really didn't want to work out I did put much intensity in and when I was tired of doing squats and lunges (I have a bum right knee and those exercises kill sometimes) I jogged in place or did jumping jacks while holding 5 lb weights. Fifty minutes later (5 minute warm up, 40 minute workout, 5 minute cool down) I was done and glad I sucked it up.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Good morning Breezy, what's your plan of attack for today?

Yesterday I started the day w/so much energy but today not so much. I didn't sleep well at all which has been a constant problem over the last year or so but for some reason I thought it was improving, Hah, the joke was on me. I went to bed by 11 pm but was up by 3:30 and tossed and turned until about 6:30 til I finally said forget it and turned on the morning news. I knew if I didn't get the workout in w/in the next hour I would try to talk myself out of it so I threw in my Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt" dvd and did the best I could do. While I really didn't want to work out I did put much intensity in and when I was tired of doing squats and lunges (I have a bum right knee and those exercises kill sometimes) I jogged in place or did jumping jacks while holding 5 lb weights. Fifty minutes later (5 minute warm up, 40 minute workout, 5 minute cool down) I was done and glad I sucked it up.

Good for you! I alwyas feel better when it's done. Today I need to go get my nails done, but told myself unless I had at least 60 minutes in already it wasnt happing. So while the daycare sleeps(please GOd, let em sleep) I am going to do Jillians Boost matabolism. And watch to food!! I am gettig ready to search some new recipies, I am bored with all the old stuff!!

I am thinking about getting up before my hubby and running in the am, but we do get up @ 5 am already so it wold have to be really early but I can do it! Right?

Thanks for the push! Have a good one!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Well i got my lazy butt up and exercised this morning for the first time all week. Didnt eat breakfast yet so i think im gonna have some cottage cheese mixed with blueberry yogurt. I saw it on a post and it sounds pretty good. Happy bday and happy anniversary a little late...sorry i didnt check the F&FS posts yesterday.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Well i got my lazy butt up and exercised this morning for the first time all week. Didnt eat breakfast yet so i think im gonna have some cottage cheese mixed with blueberry yogurt. I saw it on a post and it sounds pretty good. Happy bday and happy anniversary a little late...sorry i didnt check the F&FS posts yesterday.

Jzbaby, I thought you were participating in the May Day challenge but I haven't seen you post on that thread. I know it's difficult sometimes b/c I sure didn't want to exercise either but in the long run w/will be thankful we did it. Glad you got the workout in for today, now keep that momentum so you can finish the week strong.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options

jz- The week is not lost! Just consider Monday and Tuesday as your rest days. lol There are 5 more days to this week. That breakfast does sound good. Let us know if it tastes good.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options

Oh, I forgot to tell you, my DH got us a new scale for our anniversary. How romantic, right??? LOL! He's working SUPER hard on his weight loss. I'm really proud of him. But guess what!? Our old scale was weighing 2 pounds light. SO NOW, I have 2 more pounds to lose! UGH! I'm not posting any change until that 2 pounds is off! :ohwell:

If you used the old scale all the way along then you've actually lost all those pounds. It just means that your starting weight was two pounds higher on the old scale and you've still lost all those pounds. Just add two pounds to your starting weight and you're fine.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you used the old scale all the way along then you've actually lost all those pounds. It just means that your starting weight was two pounds higher on the old scale and you've still lost all those pounds. Just add two pounds to your starting weight and you're fine.

Barbie, I know you're right. But when I think about the number I started at I don't want to acknowledge that starting number. I just decided that number is in the past, won't be seen again and I'm moving on from there... that's the best I can do. :indifferent:

Sunny and warm today. Got out for a little walk and loved it! I think I was having a bit of the winter blues.

Take care!

J.

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: jandie, you're right, just keep on keeping on....the real goal is how great you'll look and feel when the weight is gone no matter what the number on the scale.
  • jzbaby626
    Options

Jzbaby, I thought you were participating in the May Day challenge but I haven't seen you post on that thread. I know it's difficult sometimes b/c I sure didn't want to exercise either but in the long run w/will be thankful we did it. Glad you got the workout in for today, now keep that momentum so you can finish the week strong.

Oh, I actually forgot all about that challenge...I will have to post on there again tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. I even did a PM 60 min workout yay!! I stayed within my calories too, so today was a good day. I know what you mean by in the long run we'll be glad we did it. Thats why I didnt give up yet. Even tho I don't always stay within my cals or lose a pound every week, I know if I keep at it i WILL get this weight off. It takes a while to change your lifestyle...it doesnt happen overnight.
    Jam-I defaintly am going to finish the week out strong!! The breakfast was good...I mixed cottage cheese with a little blueberry yogurt and some fresh blueberries and put it in the blender to smooth it out. I saw another recipe on the thread about cottage cheese I want to try its: frozen blueberries & cottage cheese w/ a little bit of honey in the blender. Supposedly it tastes like ice cream. Cheers to another productive day tomorrow!!!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Did 30 mins of cardio this morning. :happy: Aiming for 30 more mins tonight. I drank 8 glasses of water yesterday & i am gonna try to do it again today...1 down 7 to go :drinker: :drinker: Thanks for all your encouragment, it has really help me stay on track and not totally give up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Did 30 mins of cardio this morning. :happy: Aiming for 30 more mins tonight. I drank 8 glasses of water yesterday & i am gonna try to do it again today...1 down 7 to go :drinker: :drinker: Thanks for all your encouragment, it has really help me stay on track and not totally give up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm glad the encouragement has helped b/c that's why we are here, to offer support when the going gets rough. It seems you have gotten rid of the "lazy bug" b/c I see you've exercised two days in a row, Yay for you.

Keep up the great work, it really will pay off.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon my fit and fun ladies. I hope all are doing well with their workouts and staying w/in their allotted calories. My workout for today is complete......Yippee.....Yippee. Since I had a little more energy compared to yesterday I headed to the gym and was able to rock it out. I burned 300 calories on the stairmaster and 320 calories on the elliptical machine.

I feel a bit sore today but it's b/c I know I've been pushing myself when doing the Jillian and Biggest Loser dvds and today I even increased the resistance on the elliptical. I hope all this hard work will equate to at least a 1 lb loss on the scale tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.

Have a great day ladies.
  • breezy81
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: Hello all, it's almost the weekend!! My babygirl has her 5th birthday party this weekend!! I am having a hard time with one(she's my baby :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:) SO we will have birthday cake at party. This is my weakness an dI have two times a year so I will have piece and put in some extra time working out!!!

I just inished Jillians 'No More Trouble Zones' wow, that is a lot of work, didn't think I was gonna make it. I actually turned it off half way through and grabbed my water but then thoght "hell, no, I'm doing it!!" and I did so now I can collaspe in peace !

Hope everyone is having a great week and sticking to the goals they set!! Thanks for keeping me going ladies, I couldn't do this without you!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Breezy, You're right "No More Trouble Zones" is NO JOKE!!! I'm huffing and puffing all through it and can't wait to we get to the cool down portion of the dvd. I did this dvd on Monday and plan to close out the week w/it tomorrow. While it's a great workout my problem is that I have a bummed right knee so the squats and lunges can be a bit much at times. If I'm having one of those days I will usually jog in place or do jumping jacks while holding 5 lb weights....anything to keep the heart rate up.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm doing OK on calories for the week, but I'm struggling on my increased exercise time. I was trying to increase my exercise from 30 minutes a day to 45 minutes. I keep ending up with 40. lol

Breezy - If you ever get back this way, we have to go for a nice large dose of green chili.

I scanned through the posts and it looks like most of us are in good spirits and that's good.

Have a great day,

JAM
  • breezy81
    Options
    Breezy, You're right "No More Trouble Zones" is NO JOKE!!! I'm huffing and puffing all through it and can't wait to we get to the cool down portion of the dvd. I did this dvd on Monday and plan to close out the week w/it tomorrow. While it's a great workout my problem is that I have a bummed right knee so the squats and lunges can be a bit much at times. If I'm having one of those days I will usually jog in place or do jumping jacks while holding 5 lb weights....anything to keep the heart rate up.

I think I may steal that idea next time, both of my knees have issues form years of dance and cheerleading, the lunges kill me!!
  • breezy81
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Breezy - If you ever get back this way, we have to go for a nice large dose of green chili.

Have a great day,

JAM

Your on!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You've probably heard this before, but it bears repeating
    "The best exercise is the one you'll do" so if modifying or changing a routine or exercising in short spurts or whatever is working then it's the best exercise.

I'm glad to see us staying focused on our goals and working hard. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary and the one year anniversary of our weight loss journey.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Barbie, congratulations on 21 years of marriage that is amazing! Here's to 21 more years of marital bliss.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Barbie, congratulations on 21 years of marriage that is amazing! Here's to 21 more years of marital bliss.

Ditto! That is awsome.

JAM