How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Replies

• loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    awesome story!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    YOU INSPIRE ME DAILY, LORINA!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox. so proud of you.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    You've done an amazing job. Congrats. You look fantastic.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,319 Member
    Your are my new hero! Your story is truly inspirational. You've definitely made me understand patience and dedication. I know I can do this and it's a marathon not a sprint to the finish! Congrats, you look amazing!
  • krb67MI
    krb67MI Posts: 8
    Great story! And you look great too! Congrats!

I believe lifting weights, strength training, is necessary too. I was doing cardio for a few months and wasn't seeing a lot of progress. In fact, my main progress was that I was having to up the incline and the speed of the treadmill to even get my heart rate up to "target". I knew it meant I was strengthening my heart, but it wasn't making any difference on the scales or in my clothes.

I started the Body for Life program in January and in 7 weeks I was down 10 inches. In 12 weeks I was down 15 inches. I haven't taken my measurements again since then. But I am down a size in jeans, and the reason for that is mostly that my thighs are much smaller. My waste is now holding me back from dropping another size. My thighs could now do it, but my waste is holding me back. GGRRR. And I know that is because I'm not doing as much cardio as I need to now. I have to add that back into my schedule. Another GGRRR!

Because I need a partial knee replacement done and my doc doesn't want to do it until I'm closer to 50 (I'm almost 45), he has told me to only walk on either a treadmill, a rubber track, or on an elliptical. No C25K for me. Running is not an option. However, I have found that I LOVE walking on the local school rubber track. My knee and ankle don't bother anywhere near as much as even on the treadmill! LOVE IT! So, I'm going to push myself to do more of that. Gotta push my hubby too. :) He loves it once we're there and doing it, but he drags his feet to get there. (And yet another GGRRR!)

So, keep it up, and keep encouraging everyone in the MFP family! We need it! THANK YOU!

KimB
  • JakeRN45
    JakeRN45 Posts: 19
    Thanks for sharing you look amazing and so informative and inspirational.
    :smile:
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 266 Member
    Great words of advise, I now have them posted on my computer to see them every day! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    You are an amazing inspiration!!! :)
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Thank you for your awesome story! Congrats to you!!!
    Hmmm maybe I can really be a runner too. ;-)

10777536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Great post Lorena!!!
    As always you say it how it is....love it!!
    you are an amazing person and truely inspirational ;)
    congrats again on your successes =)
  • holy crap! what an inspiration! thank you for sharing!!!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Awesome and inspiring story! Thank you!
  • eramos126
    eramos126 Posts: 11 Member
    WOW! How inspiring!! I loved every word you wrote - and your pictures are amazing! I've only been doing the calorie counting for a week and have already seen some results, so I can't wait to put to use some of your words of wisdom and achieve my healthy body! Kudo's to you!
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    You look awesome! Congrats on maintaining! Thank you for sharing.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Great results and great post! Thanks a lot for posting
  • wow you look beatiful! awesome work!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    bump
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Great story!!!
    Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    I love how you break it down! You have done a great job and give me hope!
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    :flowerforyou: U deserve so much more...thanks for sharing. I keep reminding myself that this is a long journey and I may not see the results I want right away but don't give up, success and happiness are around the corner. Your story illustrated that beautifully.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!