Who hates being single?

Options

Replies

• Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have been seperated for two years and I actually love it. I get along better with my husband when we don't live together and I have a lot less stress now that he doesn't feel like I'm responsible for his emotional well being. I'm already raising 3 kids, I don't need a grown 4th one.

I also don't have to worry about how he spends the family money (every time he did spend money, 95% of the time it was a bad decision). I haven't overdrawn my account a single time since we split up.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love being single...I just don't like cobwebs in my undies.

Exactly why I don't like being single!

Being single:
    Pros:
    I can do what I want, when I want, how I want, and with whom I want.
    A bed all to myself
    No emotional stuff
    I love going out with my buddies without having to worry about what she's doing or what she thinks I'm doing.

Cons:
    Much less sex.
    Much less sex.
    Much less sex.
    It's really nice to have someone you like to do ANYTHING with. Grocery shopping, driving, cooking and house chores are much more enjoyable with someone you have fun with and can joke around and make laugh.
    Being excited about coming home to your love!
    Doing special things for that person.

I like being single but I also love having a healthy relationship with LOTS of sex! I'd rather be in a relationship but I'm super picky so I'm usually single... :-/
  • Mephinox
    Options
    I dont have anything positive to say about being single.
    Having ataraxia I find that I only work to better myself (career wise, fitness wise, everything wise) when I'm with someone I care about. Because when I'm on my own I literally have no get up and go, no inspiration to improve myself because I really just don't care. Everything I do is for who I'm with. As I'm not currently with anyone, I'm dieting purely because I'd like to be with someone again.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term quirkyalone, its the positive way to approach singledom

Definition of quirkyalone
    Quirkyalone: n. a person who enjoys being single (or spending time alone) and so prefers to wait for the right person to come along rather than dating indiscriminately; relishing equal doses of solitude and friendship; attracted to freedom and possibility. Also adj.: The condition of being equally at home with singledom and being in a healthy relationship, undivided, whole. Of, relating to, or embodying quirkyalones.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    I do hate being single, but here goes:

- Having more time to keep up with all my friends.
    - Not having to deal with nearly as much drama (and my last gf was the queen of it)
    - More time to focus on getting into shape. i.e. more time for the gym, less time spent eating out.
    - Saving money from not dining out so often, anniversaries, Valentines day, etc.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Pros
    - Time is yours
    - No one telling you, your doing it wrong
    - Do what you wish when you wish

Cons
    - Doing everything alone
    - Being called on by your coupled friends and family, when they want to go somewhere private for a weekend and need someone to watch their stuff and/or kids
    - No one to share cool moments with...
    - Too much time alone

Yea, I am alone.... And I doubt, people would notice me even if I was fit. Alone for life!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been single for three months.

Pros.
    I get to spend my money on whatever I want to spend it on.
    When shopping I can take as long as I want.
    I get a better nights sleep since no one is moving around besides me.
    I get to flirt with a bunch of different people.
    I don't have to worry about someone else.

Cons...
    Being bored and not having someone around all the time to do things with.
    Not having someone to talk to about ANYTHING.
    Lack of sex and cuddles. (I can't sleep with randoms, I am way to classy for that).
    Not having someone to help with chores!
    Not having someone who kisses me good morning or good night.
    I miss being told I love you by someone other then my parents.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    haven't read the other replies,
    but being single compared to being in an unhealthy relationship WINS hands down.

When i've been single, i've always had very intense friendships, to still have the "someone knows me well and cares" as well as the "i know someone else well and care about that person" too.
    Often, such freindships have helped me grow as a person, more than i can put into words.
    I tend to invest more into my friendships when i am single.

I tend to do more charity work when i am single. I tend to be better at participating in causes i truly believe in, when i am single................... maybe in part, it is simply i have more time,
    maybe my mate does not always share my enthusiasm for volunteer work or that particular cause.

I tend to indulge in activities i truly enjoy, without worrying if my mate will also enjoy such things.
    When i go to a party, i don't have to worry if my mate is bored.

I can control what food is in my home, and on my table. lol.

Dating is often fattening,:laugh: all the "out to eats" and parties. When i am in relationship, i tend to gain weight, as of course, what a couple eats has to compromise, as many men i've dated are not stoked to eat fruits and veggies as bulk of their meals. Sure, sure, one can prepare two meals, or multiple dishes for a meal,
    and just eat together, but, it's not as easy as you'd think. It takes more time and more effort and more money.

Some days it can be hard to fit in your workout when you are dating.

Other pluses include being in control of how the money is spent, the temperature in the home, whether the windows are open or closed, the music that is on, MULTIPLE tiny things that impact one's day,
    and whether or not one's sunday revolves around 9 guys you don't know, on tv, moving a ball 3 feet on some grass.

I tend to learn more, read more, explore more, when i am single.

I can have hope for a future, the thrill of the unknown, (like, "Will i meet someone i really click with?") rather than be working to cope with a match that is not great for me.

NO INLAWS!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :laugh: :drinker: HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE THERE!! WHOOOOOOOOOOT!!! YES YES YES!!!

NO circle of his pals that do not share your values or, are otherwise a negative influence in your world.

No concerns about various pets or children getting on well.

Certainly,
    most anything i said above,
    could be done in a Very Good relationship, but,
    for me,
    i just tend to note some differences in how i live when i am single,
    vs.
    how i live when i am in a relationship.

of course, soon as i hit 'send' i will think of 50 other plusses to being on one's own, but, i have always enjoyed times of my life when i was single.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term quirkyalone, its the positive way to approach singledom

Definition of quirkyalone
    Quirkyalone: n. a person who enjoys being single (or spending time alone) and so prefers to wait for the right person to come along rather than dating indiscriminately; relishing equal doses of solitude and friendship; attracted to freedom and possibility. Also adj.: The condition of being equally at home with singledom and being in a healthy relationship, undivided, whole. Of, relating to, or embodying quirkyalones.

I love it! That was me to a T!!!!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    oh, one more thing, i forgot to add to my post above:

Lz1c3.png

caveats already listed in my last post, still apply. . but anyone in a relationship, that is NOT making some compromises, is either not being honest, not self-aware enough to identify the compromises they've made, or is a very dominant person in a relationship with a very submissive person. Not all compromise is "bad",
    we can grow from compromise, too!!

but, compromise DOES exist in a relationship, or, at least, it should.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm in a relationship and I still do whatever I want.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    You can also skip the leg shaving once you have been married for a long time, LOL!

This is a lie. I will always shave my legs. Wait a second...
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have always been single :frown: :frown:
  • Brakalack
    Brakalack Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like the freedom of being able to do what i want easily, i am an INTP on the meyers briggs scale so its definately a big one for me. haha
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've been single for long enough. However, being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, is nice.

I've been single long enough as well. And although I like doing whatever I want, whenever I want... I'd love the opportunity to give in and do something just because it makes him happy :heart:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I love everything about it. Not sure I will ever have a girlfriend again. I actually love being single and alone. I can do whatever the hell I want, when I want. No obligations or having to watch "The Bachelor".
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    I have always been single :frown: :frown:

May I ask why?
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Not having someone up your butt 24/7 when wanting to go out with the girlies :)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Let's make this positive...what are some things you can enjoy about being single?

Guilt free *kitten*, doing what you want when you want when you have free time...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I love being single...I just don't like cobwebs in my undies.

Exactly why I don't like being single!

Being single:
    Pros:
    I can do what I want, when I want, how I want, and with whom I want.
    A bed all to myself
    No emotional stuff
    I love going out with my buddies without having to worry about what she's doing or what she thinks I'm doing.

Cons:
    Much less sex.
    Much less sex.
    Much less sex.
    It's really nice to have someone you like to do ANYTHING with. Grocery shopping, driving, cooking and house chores are much more enjoyable with someone you have fun with and can joke around and make laugh.
    Being excited about coming home to your love!
    Doing special things for that person.

I like being single but I also love having a healthy relationship with LOTS of sex! I'd rather be in a relationship but I'm super picky so I'm usually single... :-/

Well next time I'm in DFW visiting my family, I'll let you clean out my cobwebs and then we can get back to enjoying our freedom.