Who hates being single?

Options

Replies

• CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly ok with it! While I do miss certain aspects of a relationship, I just don't have time to focus on that!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It's funny, my best friend loves to do mundane things and have company. "Hey, I'm going to Target, wanna come with?" Uh, hey buddy, were friends, but go f*** yourself. LOL. Not only that, but when I do housework, shopping, etc, I prefer to do it alone. I just don't like other people in my business at all. I like to socialize and have fun, but when I'm doing laundry, cleaning house, watching TV, I just don't want people around. People are annoying. LOL. And, they steal my energy.
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    One of the good things is I don't have to worry about taking extra hours at work, since I have no one to rush home to the days the kids are with my ex. Help to save some extra $ for the kids and I.

Other than that, it has been a while since I was in a committed relationship. I'm ready to find someone to share my time with.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I love being single...I just don't like cobwebs in my undies.
    Wow ...
    Why? Do you not wear them? :wink:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Lets see

- I get to come to my apartment ANYTIME I want. Sometime, I don't even come home. And for no reason, and nobody to answer to
    - I have been going to my buddies strip clubs for the past decade. Again, nobody to answer to for it
    - I have a very dear bartender friend who I've known from college who I have the tradition to hangout with after her shift. Nobody to question my relationship with her (I was the best man at her wedding since her husband is also my best friend)
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not having to deal with others crazy drama constantly inflicted.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    One of the good things is I don't have to worry about taking extra hours at work, since I have no one to rush home to the days the kids are with my ex. Help to save some extra $ for the kids and I.

Other than that, it has been a while since I was in a committed relationship. I'm ready to find someone to share my time with.

Yeah, that or working at home. Sometimes, I'll come home, have dinner, then fire up my laptop and do some work. It's nice to be able to catch up on work sometimes when it's busy. But, with an SO in the house, that's hard to do. I used to get "what are you doing?", "when are you going to be done?", etc.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I love being single, been single for 6 years now! lol I love that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want without having to give notice first to someone else or "check in". I love that my life is drama free and that If i'm in a bad mood, I dont have to fake it because its just me at home! I love that i can stay track on my healthy eating because i have no one else to cook for. basically I love the freedom.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I can do what I want, when I want.
    I don't have anyone else's opinion to consider
    I am not dependent on anyone.
    It is just a feeling of freedom
  • FoxxC
    FoxxC Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not having to attend and make small talk other people's work functions.

Bed and blankets all to myself.

Getting complete control over dinner choices and remote control.

Amen Sista!
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love being single for all of the casual sex. My hand never says no!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I can't prove it...but I suspect some folks are making excuses for "the Suck."

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

:)

I agree with another poster and this is sweet :flowerforyou:

Are guys like this actually so rare girls are asking him to be cloned? I thought we were all like this.

Ok, I lied, a lot of guys are asshats, but if so many girls want a guy like this, why am I still single?
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love being single.... no paying the price for someone elses bad choices!!
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I LOVE being single...can do what I want, when I want and not have to worry about hurting someone elses feelings...I can be very difficult!
    And the feeling of knowing that I did all on my own...very liberating!
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm happily married but I reeaaalllllly miss coming home to a quiet and clean apartment, I miss managing my own money and spending it on whatever I want without a lecture, and I miss making plans with my gf's without having to "ask" first in case it conflicts with his plans. I wouldn't trade him for the world, but sometimes I'd just like to trade him for the weekend. :laugh:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If I were single I'd eat onion dip ALL the time and never shower on weekends.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I find it so weird that people say 'I can do what I want' and 'I can spend my money on what I like' just because they r single...

I am married but I can still do what I want (he is my husband not my mother!) and after paying the bills we split the cash and spend it on what we like....
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I hate being single. But I don't want to end up with someone like that last chick I married. I'd prefer to take my time and find the right person.
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Coming home when I want to; IF I want to at all.
    No one to question my relationships with male friends.
    No plan making, and no one to ***** about not liking the plans you made.
    No rushing home to cook, clean and cater.
    Vacations are all you!
    Spending money is all you!
    Dates. You can have a million dates!
    You can share your bed, or not. Either way, it's cool.

I could think of more but I'm sure everyones covered them all.
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    I can't prove it...but I suspect some folks are making excuses for "the Suck."

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

:)

I agree with another poster and this is sweet :flowerforyou:

Are guys like this actually so rare girls are asking him to be cloned? I thought we were all like this.

Ok, I lied, a lot of guys are asshats, but if so many girls want a guy like this, why am I still single?

Around my town...YES. They are rare. Seriously, just keep up the good work if you act like this and one day there will be a girl who realizes how amazing you are. I promise :) Keep a smile on and make them laugh, they'll notice.