30ds starting 8/19.... join me!!!

Options

Replies

• paperducks
    Options
    Hey, I loved 30DS, but I was looking for something different that doesn't have as much movement. I'm an early bird and like to get my workouts out of the way without waking my entire neighborhood up with my jumping around hehe.

With that said, I purchased Jackie Warner's 30 Day Fast Start dvd and my arms are KILLING me after just one workout. Love it! Is it okay if I join in on this amazing thread for Jillian Michael's 30DS followers?

I swear, if you stick with Jillian's plan, you'll definitely see results. She helped to kickstart my weight loss.
  • eramos126
    eramos126 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've had the DVD for a while and have done the level 1 workout here and there - not at all consistant. I had planned to start again today after reading a couple posts... Question though: no rest days, right? 10 days on each level? I'd like to join the group, keep myself accountable :happy:
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've had the DVD for a while and have done the level 1 workout her and there - not at all consistant. I will had planned to start again today after reading a couple posts... Question though: no rest days, right? 10 days on each level? I'd like to join the group, keep myself accountable :happy:

I think rest days are up to you. I think 5-6 times a week will be enough though. One rest day might do you good, but again, up to you.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    I started day one and then got discouraged by someone! : (
  • HoustonFemme
    Options
    Yay...starting today!!
  • Maribethw
    Maribethw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm in too! Starting today!
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too!
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OK so your post motivated me. I've always wanted to try the 30ds but didn't own it. I just placed my amazon order so I'll have it tomorrow. Count me in even if I'll be a day or 2 late. I did my hour of cardio this morning and plan to hit the gym at noon. I have a goal to drop at least 10lbs before a big family wedding on Sept. 22nd.

Looking forward to trying something new! Add me as a friend if you want extra support.

For those who are waiting for dvds -- It is also on Youtube -- my 2-year old just broke our dvd player (yea! :/) and I was able to find all three levels on Youtube :)
  • yawnoc_a
    yawnoc_a Posts: 16
    Options
    It's exciting to see everyone so excited and motivated!

I got off to a late start this morning so did not get to start as planned, but I WILL be popping in that dvd the second I get home from work :)
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    30DS L1 D2 Complete.

Then for good measure I punished myself a bit more with free weights.
  • kmackin8701
    kmackin8701 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1...omg I don't remember the last time i have sweat so much! I am going to need motivation to keep it up though, hard workouts usually turn me off! Anyone doing it, feel free to add me as a friend so we can help keep each other going!
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've already started 30ds, but was wondering if you guys log the workout length as 20 mins or 30 mins? I read on another thread that with the warm up/cool down its about 30 mins long.
  • afruitfulendeavor2
    Options
    I've already started 30ds, but was wondering if you guys log the workout length as 20 mins or 30 mins? I read on another thread that with the warm up/cool down its about 30 mins long.

I post 25 minutes under "Circuit Training." But understand that her video allows your metabolism to burn calories throughout the day as well. :D
  • Tjack101
    Tjack101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day!! Wasnt horrible but I might not feel the same way in the morning....
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As promised I started Round 2 last night...L1D1 complete and I am definitely feeling it this morning! Love it!!
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Would love to join you all! I started yesterday, but unfortunately the only free weights I had were 4kg - could barely move my arms this morning!! However just invested in some 2kg ones so hopefully day 2 later on this evening won't kill me so much :-s

Going to take measurements and before pics tonight and start a blog post :-)

Good luck to everyone along the way. xx
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Yawnoc_a - we’re going to do this for more than a few days!! I’m really looking forward to trying this for the first time. My DVD should arrive today.

Essence713 – results – I love it!!! 6lbs is awesome.

jnrinwa – thanks for the tip. I’ll go to YOUTUBE if my DVD doesn’t show today.

I’m following a daily challenge thread also and yesterday we did 150 leg lifts. My abs are screaming at me today.
    150 lunges today if any of you are interested!!
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started Monday 8/20. I did pretty well with it. I did it in July but only for 3 days. I am determined to do the full 30 days. I took pictures and my daughter took my measurements. I hope to see a difference.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    okay L1d1&2 are done little sore but ok looking forward to getting it done and crossed off my list I have most of her dvds and so working my way through them all once then think I'll do one a day thats the goal :)
  • Maribethw
    Maribethw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L1D2 = check!

Someone asked earlier about logging it in... I logged it in as 27min. Using my HRM, that's the time I came up with from the beginning of the warmup to the end.

If anyone else doesn't have the DVD yet, if you have a Roku or Apple TV where you stream to your TV, you can buy level 1 for $1.99 on Amazon and stream it....each level is $1.99