300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Thanks for sharing your story. Keep up the good work, you're going to be successful in your journey.
  • jiannette
    Options
    AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration!!! And you should feel like a superhero!! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    WTG!!! You are so awesome. My goal is to run my first 5K at our little town's annual festival next summer.....!!! You did WONDERFUL!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are my SHERO!!!! Great Job.
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for inspiring me. I've been thinking about getting started running. I wasn't even a great runner when I was thin but something about it is so appealing to me. You. are. AWESOME!
  • dewetoys
    Options
    :wink: Good job for you. someday I will done there to, But it all takes time and I have just began. I will be able to get that 5 k done too.
    So spiked and proud of you. You are an imspiration to all us. Thanks:tongue:
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Very awesome!!! Keep kicking butt!!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You are outstanding!! Keep up the great job you're doing. You have inspired me to get off my booty and get busy with C25K now!!! Thanks!!!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    You did great baby!!! im so proud of you!!

am training for my first one now and so excited to actually do a 5K and more .

Add me also

:flowerforyou:
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! well done!!
    Running 5K at 300 pounds is a lot harder than running 5K at 150-200 lbs - you're basically hauling more weight around on your feet.
    I have huge amounts of respect for you and just know that your next 5K'er will be faster, easier and even more awesome.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring! You should be proud!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Keep up the solid work my fellow runner
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I LOVE this post because you are 300lbs and running races!! I didn't start running until Feb/March this year, but am currently training for a half marathon. When I started running, I had lost 100lbs and was a little over 200lbs. I see people all the time saying 'when i lose more weight i'm going to start running, or doing zumba, or whatever'...... I always tell them don't wait til you get to a certain weight, just freaking do it.... You are a prime example, and that's so awesome!!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! so proud of you!! This is something too that I have always told myself...not so much over weight because I see people everyday bigger than I who ARE doing it and it makes me feel lazy lol I have low back problems so it makes it tough but I am trying to add even a slow jog to my routine and this is just the inspiration I need to keep going!! Thank you!! :)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I teared up. Congratulations and thanks for sharing, you're pretty amazing :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    What a triumph! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    Options
    You are awesome and an inspiration!
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant. Well Done xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!