300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Replies

• dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    You're awesome! Thanks for sharing your story. Keep up the good work, you're going to be successful in your journey.
  • AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    You are a great inspiration!!! And you should feel like a superhero!! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • WTG!!! You are so awesome. My goal is to run my first 5K at our little town's annual festival next summer.....!!! You did WONDERFUL!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    You are my SHERO!!!! Great Job.
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you so much for inspiring me. I've been thinking about getting started running. I wasn't even a great runner when I was thin but something about it is so appealing to me. You. are. AWESOME!
  • :wink: Good job for you. someday I will done there to, But it all takes time and I have just began. I will be able to get that 5 k done too.
    So spiked and proud of you. You are an imspiration to all us. Thanks:tongue:
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Very awesome!!! Keep kicking butt!!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    You are outstanding!! Keep up the great job you're doing. You have inspired me to get off my booty and get busy with C25K now!!! Thanks!!!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    You did great baby!!! im so proud of you!!

am training for my first one now and so excited to actually do a 5K and more .

Add me also

:flowerforyou:
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    You are awesome!! well done!!
    Running 5K at 300 pounds is a lot harder than running 5K at 150-200 lbs - you're basically hauling more weight around on your feet.
    I have huge amounts of respect for you and just know that your next 5K'er will be faster, easier and even more awesome.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    YOU ROCK!
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Awesome and inspiring! You should be proud!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Nice job! Keep up the solid work my fellow runner
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    I have to say that I LOVE this post because you are 300lbs and running races!! I didn't start running until Feb/March this year, but am currently training for a half marathon. When I started running, I had lost 100lbs and was a little over 200lbs. I see people all the time saying 'when i lose more weight i'm going to start running, or doing zumba, or whatever'...... I always tell them don't wait til you get to a certain weight, just freaking do it.... You are a prime example, and that's so awesome!!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Thats amazing!! so proud of you!! This is something too that I have always told myself...not so much over weight because I see people everyday bigger than I who ARE doing it and it makes me feel lazy lol I have low back problems so it makes it tough but I am trying to add even a slow jog to my routine and this is just the inspiration I need to keep going!! Thank you!! :)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    I teared up. Congratulations and thanks for sharing, you're pretty amazing :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    What a triumph! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • You are awesome and an inspiration!
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    That's brilliant. Well Done xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!