Dear women over the age of 20

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
Please stop shopping in the juniors department. The clothes are cheapy made. They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers. I don't believe you need to dress "your age" but there is a certain something special about dressing in a sophisticated manner.

Replies

• Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Can you please send this to my MIL?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    haha talking about the hips thread from the other board, are you?

There are some women that can shop in the juniors department. My aunt is one of them. That woman is flatter than Flat Stanley. She's a 00 with no hips, butt or bust. She can wear the juniors clothing as juniors are for those that are not womanly in figure.

But for the rest of us with curves... juniors are not friendly.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    srs...your size should NOT be an odd number.HTH
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I think my Step-MIL does too and she's over 60 for sure. I think she wore a prom dress to my SIL's wedding.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

There are some women that can shop in the juniors department. My aunt is one of them. That woman is flatter than Flat Stanley. She's a 00 with no hips, butt or bust. She can wear the juniors clothing as juniors are for those that are not womanly in figure.

Scoo me. i want that BACON t-shirt. mmmmmkthxbye
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I think my Step-MIL does too and she's over 60 for sure. I think she wore a prom dress to my SIL's wedding.

Sadly, I can totally relate.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Amen! And ladies please stop wearing jeans with your muffin top hanging out....I don't care if you squeezed into a size 6....not all of you is inside the pants where it belongs. Some things just shouldn't be worn on certain body types even if it's in style...wear what looks best on your body and not your 12 year old daughter.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    My little sister is 18, but is very hippy (and curvy in general) and has been for years. I took her shopping recently because I wanted to help her pick out jeans that fit --- everything she had was muffin toppy and it was upsetting her. She's not fat by any means -- she's just not built like a stick.

So first thing I did was take her to the women's department. She actually cried she was so upset. She couldn't believe that she was so "fat" that she needed "old lady clothes".

I tried not to be offended. I felt bad for the kid.

The tears stopped when we found the most adorable pair of jeans in a size 8 that fit her perfectly and were far from old lady.

That's my Junior's dept. anecdote. Plus, those clothes are crappily made because they're designed for the fashion attention span of a teenager.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have to wear juniors unless i want to pay for a tailor. im only 4'8". "womens" clothes just hang off of me. :(
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    PREACH lol
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My soon to be 12 year old is already an 8 in the "junior" dept due to her big old birthing hips :) Haha...she is going to be curvy but it gives her a huge complex when she knows all her friends are a smaller size. I always tell her you can't define yourself by your weight or jean size!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I find the exception to be Levis jeans. Their Jr sizes fit my butt much better (no gap) where are their new curve id I cant even fit into a 18 in woman's and most of the time I am a 12. Eeefff their new line!

I find that there are some exceptions but the majority.... yes woman shouldn't buy from the jr dept!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options

I think she should still head over to the adult department anyway. I don't ever want to be wearing the same outfit as the kids I work with, even if I could fit them.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of cute tops and dresses that are technically from the "juniors" department---and they all look really cute and classy. Basic flowy tanks and sheath dresses, I actually have 2 pairs of pants in juniors that fit just fine and don't look too young or anything. But we're talking juniors department at Nordstrom, not like Agaci Too or something. Ahhh I remember my Agaci days...
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! i'm 26 and the only one out of my friends that doesnt shop in juniors anymore!! oo and they are all the same size as me or bigger. Its like..um..ya know...we graduated from high school 8 years ago why are you shopping here?
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    I think my behind/hips fit into junior sizes for about a week. That's it. :laugh:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think most of us would stop even looking there if the styles in the misses section actually suited our tastes. Some of us aren't ready to let go of our teenage rebellion. =P
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    But if I start dressing my age, I will lose my signature "lamb from the back, mutton from the front" look that I have so painstakingly cultivated.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Amen! And ladies please stop wearing jeans with your muffin top hanging out....I don't care if you squeezed into a size 6....not all of you is inside the pants where it belongs. Some things just shouldn't be worn on certain body types even if it's in style...wear what looks best on your body and not your 12 year old daughter.

I've seen teens do this a lot also:-/
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Cheaply made is good for those of us that work in labs (solvent damage, ugh) and/or are losing weight and don't plan on staying in a certain size for a log time. And seriously, mom jeans are fugly.