Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Somebody needs a visit from Stacy and Clinton.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

Ooh, me! ME! I want to go on that damn show but I guess I'm not cooky enough. :<
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Please stop shopping in the juniors department....They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers.

ladies heed these words

And you should dress your age as well.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Buy clothes that have instructions on them about how to not anger you, and you will be much loved

I don't buy clothes for other people, I buy them for me. If I like it, I wear it,. Screw what other people think.

Amen! Like I said, if someone has a problem with it, either go buy my clothes for me or stfu...
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    plus wouldn't junior's just be minors, like 17 and under? So I guess as soon as we women turn 18, throw out all your clothes and go buy mom jeans!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Buy clothes that have instructions on them about how to not anger you, and you will be much loved

I don't buy clothes for other people, I buy them for me. If I like it, I wear it,. Screw what other people think.

Amen! Like I said, if someone has a problem with it, either buy go buy my clothes for me or stfu...

that's how I feel, hence my lime green jeans! from the JUNIORS department, and on clearance lol
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Please stop shopping in the juniors department. The clothes are cheapy made. They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers. I don't believe you need to dress "your age" but there is a certain something special about dressing in a sophisticated manner.

Thanks but I think I can do my shopping without your help.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    I consider it an NSV that I was able to purchase three button-up shirts from Aeropostale the other day while out shopping with my soon-to-be 14-year-old daughter. Size medium. HOLLLLLAAAAA! I don't care where my clothes come from or what section of the store - if they fit me and look good, I'm buying 'em! All of my 20s I was fat and stuck at Lane Bryant. So bring on the cute clothes already! Ohhh, and I recently discovered I can wear a sz S or M at the Buckle. And while 90% of the styles there I'd never wear, I did manage to find $300 worth of shirts that I WILL! *happy wiggle*
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Amen! Like I said, if someone has a problem with it, either go buy my clothes for me or stfu...

^^Yup!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If the 'women's section' where you're shopping is anything other than great you're in the wrong d@mn shop! Is there only one shop??? Go somewhere else, stop trying to be a teenager.

The majority of JC penney's and Kohls "women's section" simply suck. Sorry, I have no desire to be a vera wang model.
    Penney's does have a small section of really cool clothes, but most of it are basics such as plain t'shirts and sweaters.
    There are some cute blouses there, but it's a HUGE hit and miss.

Kohls, 85% of their clothes just don't suit me and my jeans and t'shirt fabulousness and the occasional nights I dress up for the husband.

I quite bothering with Macy's and every other store years ago.

I shop in Brown Thomas and BT2, women's section, the clothes are hot, they're not frumpy and they're cut for actual women's bodies. I'm sure there's some equivalent over there!
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I'm going to keep shopping at the juniors/misses department. It doesn't matter that I'm 24. Women's section jeans/pants are high waisted and my waist is at least 10 inches smaller than my hips. Odd numbered bottoms fit better. As far as tops...I'm pretty sure anyone over 20 knows the difference between "going out" and "office" attire. Suck it, DX style.
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    whose business is it where people buy their clothes or what section they buy them in? If it fits and you like it..BUY IT. Sure, it may look silly to other people but if the person wearing it is comfortable and likes how it looks then what's the problem? No matter what you wear there will always be SOMEBODY that has an issue with it. My step mom is 45 and buys pretty much all of her clothing from the juniors section. It used to bother me (mainly because my guy friends would brag about how hot she is) but now I'm like, "does SHE like it? does SHE feel confident wearing it? Yes? Okay then." Who am I to tell her what to wear?" I'll leave that part to my Dad...LOL JK

Let's lift each other up rather than bring each other down, shall we?
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    OMG! HAHA! Suck it DX style. Wow, that brings me back!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yeah, how about no. I shop in the juniors to score on cute seasonal dresses and skirts, and I don't plan on stopping just because I'm over that ~magical~ age of 20. Thanks though!

I'm still a little confused as to why, at age 24 (and still a graduate student at that), it is more appropriate for me to dress like a 50 year old than an 19 year old.

When will they come out with the 20s-30s section??? I mean, there are a few woman stores that I like that have a younger target (White House/Black Market and Express come to mind) but that is a rarity. I will stick to Jrs to fill out my casual wardrobe and trust my judgement to not buy something inappropriate for my age.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I was flipping through the Kohl's ad from my local paper last night and I noticed that the 8-year-old girl models had the same size thighs as the 16-year-old girl models. It was kind of interesting to see them side-by-side. I have NEVER been able to shop in the junior's department...I spent my teen years being overweight so I missed out on the tight clothes. Oh, darn.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    At 6' tall, I've never been fortunate enough to fit in the cheaply made jeans - they were always high-waters on me. I shop at Buckle, and while some of the designs on the back pockets get a little over the top, the fit and structure of the jeans is outstanding.

I believe there are exceptions to the rule, such as petite women, but I think even they need to be cognizant of the "look" of the jean/clothing. I can always tell when my 4'11" co-worker is wearing junior's clothes because they look like they were designed for a teenager, not a 40-something to wear to the office.

And for those of you taking offense, GTFO. You know what the OP is referring to as I imagine every single one of you has scoffed over a woman's outfit not fitting properly in the past. If you haven't, I commend you for being better than I, but I doubt that's the case.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    One time I wore a dress from the juniors department and met Tim Gunn and he told me that I looked chic.
    And, I mean, Tim Gunn is right about everything, soooo.

304584_2483008360520_122407638_n.jpg
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and wear some juniors styles. I'm a student and broke- I buy what fits me appropriately, fits my budget and is my style. I've always tended to lean to brighter loud patterns and styles- but when i was 345lbs I couldn't find any clothes that fit my personality. Now that I'm almost to my goal weight and look decent in cuter clothes I'm gonna live it up- and I do tend to dress for the occasion- I have skirt and pant suits in my closet too :) Each junior section is different in stores and it simply depends on the style and cut and body shape.

Some juniors clothes are classy enough for older women- some aren't.... but I feel you- yesterday was 1st day back to school and this girl was squeezing herself into itty bitty booty shorts- muffin top and *kitten* crack hanging out as she walked.... definitely someone who needs to go up a few sizes... lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I would LOVE a day and $5000 with them!!
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i shop in the juniors department for certain clothes. i also own designer clothing. i mix and match clothes all the time and i love my style. i think if you know how to put an outfit together and you dress for your body type- it doesn't matter what department you shop in- womens or juniors.