Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    How bout you just buy what fits... My sister is a size 2 and 25 she has to shop in the junior department.

I wander all over the store and pull out whatever I like and try it on. If it fits I buy it if not it goes back on the rack that simple.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If I like it and it fits me how I want it to fit, I buy it. I don't give two sh*ts what section of the store it came from or what the tag says.
  • megganjana
    megganjana Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Cheaply made is good for those of us that work in labs (solvent damage, ugh) and/or are losing weight and don't plan on staying in a certain size for a log time. And seriously, mom jeans are fugly.

Agreed, I plan on wearing junior clothes for as long as possible. I don't care what anyone thinks about the way I look, as long as I feel good. :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Why does anyone care what other people wear???? Get a life and worry about yourself, not others. Judgmental jerks!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Btw, this outfit, 100% from the juniors department at Nordstrom. I like it. I'm 27. And I think I look pretty cute. So whatevs..

Mer1.jpg?t=1345672165

Leopard print skinny jeans... really?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Somebody needs a visit from Stacy and Clinton.

I would LOVE a day and $5000 with them!!

me too.

It's amusing to me that many people here think womens jeans are high waisted "mom jeans"!
  • lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    I have to wear juniors unless i want to pay for a tailor. im only 4'8". "womens" clothes just hang off of me. :(

You and me girl! I have such a hard time finding anything in "womens" clothes that wont trip me from 3-5 inches being too long. It is cheaper for me to buy short / petite jeans from the Jr department. Since the actual Petite section is expensive & most are straight cut. I have the problem of being under 5 foot & have hips from being a moma & a big butt from sports. But I do agree on dressing for your age. You're over 20 so enjoy dressing sexy......teens are not supposed to dress sexy but a lot of them do now days. Just how the cookie crumbles i guess. I do understand everyone's taste is different too, but still wear what fits your body type in a beautiful way. If you buy something that is a size too small just because you don't like the fact that the number of the size you do need is bigger than what you "WANT" is just dumb. Buy things that will accent your body type & thus look better & make you feel more beautiful. Keep is CLASSY ladies!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Some women are just short or have small hips so womens clothes don't fit them well.

I can't wear juniors even though i'm petite. I have a huge butt and big thighs even though I can fit into a 2, sometimes a 0.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Um…No…. I wear a size 1-2 in juniors. I don’t and can’t wear woman’s even if I wanted too! I am 5’1 and no offence but the petite clothes look like crap and suck!! I also sometimes wear kids clothes if it’s a cute t-shirt or shorts or bathing suit or tank top. Actually, the swim suit in my photo is a junior suit! Woman’s are too big! Not only do I wear kids and Juniors clothing I also wear kids shoes especially the Nike and addidas running shoes or the converse since they are ½ the price and carry the same exact shoe in the kids size too! Also love the kids flip flops and flats. I wear a 3-4 in kids shoes. I don’t look cheaply put together and I do like trendy clothes… whats wrong with that??? If someone is happy with it then they are happy with that! And I would rather look 20 instead of 40 personally! Wouldn’t you want to look younger??? I am very happy wearing my junior’s cloths thank you very much and I will continue to wear them for as long as I can! And BTW they make junior suits too for work…. Very fashionable and great for the office AND they fit! Although the 1-2 sizes are sometimes too big for me and I need a 0!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Um…No…. I wear a size 1-2 in juniors. I don’t and can’t wear woman’s even if I wanted too! I am 5’1 and no offence but the petite clothes look like crap and suck!! I also sometimes wear kids clothes if it’s a cute t-shirt or shorts or bathing suit or tank top. Actually, the swim suit in my photo is a junior suit! Woman’s are too big! Not only do I wear kids and Juniors clothing I also wear kids shoes especially the Nike and addidas running shoes or the converse since they are ½ the price and carry the same exact shoe in the kids size too! Also love the kids flip flops and flats. I wear a 3-4 in kids shoes. I don’t look cheaply put together and I do like trendy clothes… whats wrong with that??? If someone is happy with it then they are happy with that! And I would rather look 20 instead of 40 personally! Wouldn’t you want to look younger??? I am very happy wearing my junior’s cloths thank you very much and I will continue to wear them for as long as I can! And BTW they make junior suits too for work…. Very fashionable and great for the office AND they fit! Although the 1-2 sizes are sometimes too big for me and I need a 0!

Where do you shop that the petite clothes look so bad :huh: Around here they're the same as the regular clothes except the lengths are shorter. So you'll get a 32'' inseam on pants and shorter sleeves on jackets. It's also cut a little shorter in the torso.
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    Btw, this outfit, 100% from the juniors department at Nordstrom. I like it. I'm 27. And I think I look pretty cute. So whatevs..

Mer1.jpg?t=1345672165

She looks cute and well coordinated for a fun night out. What is the 'really' for?
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Could you PLEASE send this to my Mother and sister so they stop buying clothes for me in the Jr's department?!? Seriously. Every birthday and Christmas I am constantly being given shirts and pajamas from the Jr's section. The second I unwrap the gift they say something along the lines of "this really looked like you and you're so tiny you can pull it off." I am a mother of 2 and pushing forty for chrissake!!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Mer1.jpg?t=1345672165

She looks cute and well coordinated for a fun night out. What is the 'really' for?

They must be jealous that she can pull off the skinny leopard print jeans- I saw some at target and wanted them! lol
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I still shop in the Junior's section. I would love to not have to shop there but I don't have a choice if I want clothes that fit my body. I'm stuck wearing plain v-neck t-shirts and jeans all the time because all the other clothes in that section are way too young looking for me to be wearing. I go try on Misses clothes and the size 4's are too tight in the thighs and too big in the waist, And size small t-shirts are too tight in the boobs and too big everywhere else. I can't win. So I go grab a size medium shirt and size 7 jeans from the Junior's department and they fit me perfect.

And I don't care if they're cheap. I'm a stay at home mom to 3 kids under 5. By the end of the day no matter what I'm wearing I will be covered in markers, food, dishsoap splatter, and a million other things anyway.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I personally just like the style of the Jr. Department. I don't like the petite section, I am 5'3 but would rather go to the jr. department and buy a pair of pants in my size that say "Short" on it. I am not done losing weight either so I buy what is affordable right now. Just to get me through. I wear the flared bottom pants for work because we can't wear straight legs or skinny jeans, and I don't own skinny jeans, not that I have an issue with them, but I really only buy clothes when I need them for certain occasions.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm 22. I'll shop where I want. XD
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How about women of any age buy clothes in whatever department they like, because the clothes make them feel good? I mean, end of discussion right there.
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i'm 21. i quit buying stuff often from the juniors department years ago, but i confess that i still occasionally peruse that part of the store. usually the stuff is pretty hideous, haha, and so ridiculously tight and slutty (what preteen is allowed to wear some of those dresses?!?) i found a nice maxi dress several months ago in dillard's juniors dept, but that's all i can think of.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The juniors department? What's that? :laugh:

I've never shopped in any other department than Plus Women's. :glasses:
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Mer1.jpg?t=1345672165

They must be jealous that she can pull off the skinny leopard print jeans- I saw some at target and wanted them! lol
    I love her pants!