too old

Options

Replies

• Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Never to late! I am 44 and in better shape than I was when I was 43!
  • mizloi
    mizloi Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life. You are worth it and you owe it to yourself . Take one day at a time. Not everyday will be perfect but every day you try will make you healthier and proud of yourself.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and started my weight-loss journey this past June. It's NEVER too old to start....
  • jer64tam66
    Options
    i am 45 and have 6 grandkids.... it NEVER too late
  • jer64tam66
    Options
    well thanks...some days i feel 90ish lol but dont we alll have those kinda days
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    No, not too old. And I suggest you surround yourself with positive input and messages!
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    Are you kidding me. Im 42 and I have lost 54lbs in 7 months. Dont give up
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's never to late to do anything that better's your health
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! My parents are in the best shape of their lives in their 60's. They didn't start getting fit until their 40's You can do this!
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    hey I.m 70 and its working for me. Go for it. You can do it.:smile:
  • jammer1964
    Options
    Hehe ... I was going to comment that you're not too old, but a ton of people beat me to it.

Maybe you can set goals along the way ... like getting new ink every time you hit a goal! Now that I think about it, maybe I will do that too!

I'm 48, so feel free to friend me. We can compare stats and ink!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 next month and I'm in the best shape I've been in in years! I've had amazing results since starting my "fit at 50" campaign in November. So no -- it's never too late! And think about it... if you don't do anything, things will get worse, but if you do something/anything at all at any age, it can only get better! Feel free to friend me if you want support from someone firmly in middle age -- and kind of loving it!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    No: I was a senior when you were a sophomore. You can do it. I'm rooting for you.
  • angusmike
    Options
    Never too late. Set reasonable goals, keep a food record, and exercise. I'm 62 and recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes as a result of pancreatitus. Takes discipline.
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    You're never too old. I'm 44 and got serious just 4 months ago...you can do it!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Never too old, I'm 57 and have lost 55 lbs in the last 9 months.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    You aren't too old until you're dead. I'm 49 and just started this yr. Hit my goal (33 pounds) in about 7 1/2 months and feel better than I have felt in years!!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My step dad is in his mid 70's and he has lost over 60 pounds this year using MFP. There is no age limit to get fit. If you are on this side of the dirt, getting fit is always a possibility.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    STOP WITH THE EXCUSES!!!

i was too old, too fat, to sick, too tired, blah blah.

If you think you are too old, read my profile. I am 35, obese, ive had two strokes from blood clots in the brain, i have fibromyalgia and COPD just to name a few.

PLEASE! You are far from too old! YOU CAN DO THIS! Promise yourself 66 days. You will MOVE for 66 days. It takes 66 days for something to become a habit!

KICK BUTT!! :heart:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Ive got 15 years on you....I am losing just fine. There's no legit excuse for not getting yourself healthy.