too old

Options

Replies

• larosita57
    larosita57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whah?! I'm 44 and depresses me to think I'm too old to make changes in my life! Think about it - technically, we're only "middle-aged". This means we may live another 40+ years. Why give up now - we have the rest of our lives ahead of us. It's never too late!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Never too old! I'm 42 & lost over 50 lbs when i was 40. Friend me if you like...I can be very motivating...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Just look at my profile!
  • wonderific
    Options
    I'm a little younger than you and last year I lost 50 pounds. Of course this year I gained 45. But that's not the point. I put in the work and I did it and I'm doing it again now. You're never to old to work hard for your dream!!!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    NEVER TO LATE.
    You are still here
    You are alive. Enjoy the day today.
    Since you have internet search for people your age or older who are working their butts off.
    No excuses. (not judging) Just saying, you have this on beautiful life. Whatever time we all have left, live it to the fullest, dont go with any regrets. Take the first step..
    You can Do it.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Nope............you are definately not too old.
    I will be 61 at the end of September, and "if I can do it, anyone can do it"!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 this November and plan on being healthier and hotter then I was at 30:-D. I just started a couple of weeks ago and already feel better. Learning a lot from all the people on this site.
    You are never too old!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Do you really think 44 is too old? You've got to be kidding me, I'm going to be 62 tomorrow and I'm not too old. You are only as old as you feel. How old do you feel? Do you think 44 is old? I broke my hip four years ago, before that I was really young, now I'm around 50. Rethink your thinking. Love, remember, you can do it:flowerforyou: Joni
  • Toomestwin
    Options
    54 years old here; started my journey August 31, 2011 and have lost 55 pounds so far. A year ago, I wouldn't have believed it.

Just take it one day at a time.
  • oldswimdawg
    oldswimdawg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 67 and still at it. Dieting off and on for nearly half a century. Can't wait to get back into my skinny clothes.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    Heh. I'm 65 and setting myself up to spend the next 20 yrs fit and in good health.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I didn't see your age in the post, but from your name, I'm guessing you were born in 1967. So was I. I had a doctor tell me once that if I was planning on losing weight, I needed to do it before age 50, because after that, it was "significantly harder for women to lose after 50..." I don't know if that's true, but I started last year, at age 43 and am now down almost 70 lbs (have 50 more to lose.) It's totally possible and I haven't found it a lot harder than when I was young. I don't plan on hitting 50 though, without being the weight I want to be!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You may need to change your attitude if you want results, but that is just my opinion.
  • dskeen28
    Options
    You know im 51 and I just hiked 4 miles today. Someone to do it with is the best
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    too old? you're NEVER too old to be fit and healthy!! nget that outa yer head! iam almost 54 yrs old and i have never felt better, healthier, fitter or younger! its amazing how good you feel when you shed the extra pounds and eat healthier, not to mention being fitter. so get with it girl and find out what im talkin about! good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • peprwpr
    peprwpr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Your never to old to start this journey. Im 49, and have lost 45lbs so far. I still have quite a bit to go though. My trainer, has several clients that are in their late 60's, who just have started in the last year or so to lose weight. So, NO, you are not to old!!
  • mdough24
    Options
    I agree with the posts I've seen...I'm 51, which I don't view as old at all...that's a matter of attitude. Too many people will try to drag you down with age talk. My mom is 81 years old and she's working out and looking great, staying fit and active! Get up and get at it!! :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am not too old...I am 52 and I have lost almost 60 lbs so far...YOU ARE NOT TOO OLD! Let's do it!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think I might be to loose weight. I should have done this years ago when I was in my prime. Is it too late now???

I have lost almost 60 lbs, quit smoking, and gone from struggling to walk a mile to running 5 miles every morning and biking 20 every evening. I had to work my *kitten* of to get that far in 4 months. At age 41 and after 20 years of being a fat, lazy smoker I finally decided it was time to make the change I knew I needed.

Just commit to whatever your goals might be and do it.
  • partee1
    partee1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 65. I read all these post and I am inspired. Time to buckle down and do this.
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    44 not to old you are only a few years older than me. I have a 2 year old, and i plan on being around for a long time. Sure I was in my prime many moons ago, but once i lose this weight, i will be back in my prime :) Doing some of the things i want to do whhile keeping up with my child. It is never too late to start but you need to have the aha moment. The moment you do and decide to do something about it, it is a life changer, my personal opinion. Thats what happened to me. Been fat for 25 years at least and had the aha momeent back in June, started july 1. (i kinda think it is like anything else, when you hit rock bottom and realize it needs to change, it is a real eye opener, and only you can do it.) Have a great day and if you need friends on here feel feree to add me.