Want fiance to lift... but... he isn't motivated.

Options

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Tell him his tool isn't valuable enough to build a shed over it and to get his fat @$$ in the gym.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Bat your eyes at him and tell him you need him to lift with you cuz you need a spotter.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Actually, I want him to do it bc he's really self-conscious about his body bc he has an abnormality in his ribcage caused by scoliosis and he felt a lot more confident when his arms were bigger....
    So, it's not selfishly motivated in the least. I love his body the way it is. I don't care.
    He's just going to be unhappy w/ the pictures. And I know it.

Comical how when someone doesn't get the answer they want, all of a sudden there's ALL these extra reasons WHY they're right.

*sigh*

Look Lady, this is probably want you want to hear, so disregard my first statement. "Honey, remember when you had those big arms and your curvy spinal chest thing didn't bother you as much? Yeah, I know that's not the case anymore. Let's go work out. Because I know you're going to be a big girl when the pictures come back and you hate them. And I don't want to hear you yotch about hating the pictures."

Better?

Offer him boobs?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Actually, I want him to do it bc he's really self-conscious about his body bc he has an abnormality in his ribcage caused by scoliosis and he felt a lot more confident when his arms were bigger....
    So, it's not selfishly motivated in the least. I love his body the way it is. I don't care.
    He's just going to be unhappy w/ the pictures. And I know it.

Comical how when someone doesn't get the answer they want, all of a sudden there's ALL these extra reasons WHY they're right.

*sigh*

Look Lady, this is probably want you want to hear, so disregard my first statement. "Honey, remember when you had those big arms and your curvy spinal chest thing didn't bother you as much? Yeah, I know that's not the case anymore. Let's go work out. Because I know you're going to be a big girl when the pictures come back and you hate them. And I don't want to hear you yotch about hating the pictures."

Better?

Offer him boobs?

Bacon, silly goose. You offer him bacon.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Offer him boobs?

Bacon, silly goose. You offer him bacon.

Bacon covered boobs. He can't turn that down. Right?
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sleep with a bodybuilder and send him the pics
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    get some weights... lift nekked. perfect motivation...
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just tell him you want to learn how to lift weights properly and since he used to lift, you would like him to teach you. Once he's back in the gym, that might be enough motivation for him to pick it back up. Or tell him some guy at the gym offered to teach you. Sometimes it's just better to use our egos to manipulate us with us without knowing it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I just have to wonder what would have happened if the roles were reversed?

Why would you book a photo-shoot knowing he would be self-conscious? This is an honest question.

Would he have done that?
  • 55AngelH55
    55AngelH55 Posts: 117
    Options

Why would you book a photo-shoot knowing he would be self-conscious? This is an honest question.

Would he have done that?

I don't think I understand the question...?
    We booked it together.
    We do everything together.
    I love him a lot, and I have no personal problem w/ his body - and he has no personal problem w/ mine.
    I want to get in shape for myself so I can enjoy looking at all these pictures throughout the next 100 years.
    I know he won't enjoy them as much if he doesn't do a little toning between now and then.
    He admits that he should.
    Just says he's too tired.

I'm confused, I think, by all the hostility.
    Does anyone know how to delete the thread alltogether?
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    There's no need for hostility - I think to be honest you posted this with all the right intentions.

Besides. If you know him as well as you say you do, and you know he wants to do it but is struggling to find the motivation, then all you're doing is offering a helping hand.

Just depends on whether he really wants to or not. If he does, then like I said. Making a cheeky bet with him might be fun ;)
  • 55AngelH55
    Options

Would he have done that?

We booked it together.
    I love him a lot, and I have no personal problem w/ his body - and he has no personal problem w/ mine.
    I want to get in shape for myself so I can enjoy looking at all these pictures throughout the next 100 years.
    I know he won't enjoy them as much if he doesn't do a little toning between now and then.

UJsPL.gif

you're a douche.
  • 55AngelH55
    Options
    There's no need for hostility - I think to be honest you posted this with all the right intentions.

Besides. If you know him as well as you say you do, and you know he wants to do it but is struggling to find the motivation, then all you're doing is offering a helping hand.

Just depends on whether he really wants to or not. If he does, then like I said. Making a cheeky bet with him might be fun ;)

:-) thanks, friend. I appreciate that.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Would he have done that?

We booked it together.

UJsPL.gif

you're a douche.

lol you're cute:))
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't think people are meaning to come off as rude. But to be 100% honest if he was concerned he'd be lifting.
    When you push somebody into working out, it comes off as you not liking how they are. And if that's the issue you shouldn't be doing this. Because life could make him or you both get bigger. You could have kids, and be tired.
    Are you going to be upset if he doesn't want to "tone up" before family photos?

I also think the photo shoot is the worst idea ever, I mean how are you not getting enough photos from the wedding?

I know you are excited, and you have every right to be. I know you want it to be special, and it will.
    But if you push him, he'll push back. People don't like to be told what they should do.
  • 55AngelH55
    Options

Would he have done that?

We booked it together.

UJsPL.gif

you're a douche.
    sOXJv.gif

Why so serious?
  • 55AngelH55
    Options
    I don't think people are meaning to come off as rude. But to be 100% honest if he was concerned he'd be lifting.
    When you push somebody into working out, it comes off as you not liking how they are. And if that's the issue you shouldn't be doing this. Because life could make him or you both get bigger. You could have kids, and be tired.
    Are you going to be upset if he doesn't want to "tone up" before family photos?

I also think the photo shoot is the worst idea ever, I mean how are you not getting enough photos from the wedding?

I know you are excited, and you have every right to be. I know you want it to be special, and it will.
    But if you push him, he'll push back. People don't like to be told what they should do.

No, I totally hear you. And it's not my intention or desire to push him in any way AT ALL.
    We love taking pictures - we take pictures all the time. So the photoshoots back to back is no big deal. Like I said, we came up w/ that idea together.
    I'm not going to be **upset** if he doesn't tone up at all ... now or ever...
    I just think he will be more confident if he does. I know the working out is great for me and my self-confidence.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Tell him for every 1lbs of muscle he puts on between now and wedding is how many weeks straight you will have sex with him... could work ..
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything worng with wanting your spouse or partner to be healthy and look good. Not to be selfish or vien, but if you feel good, you want to look good too. the outside should match the inner you.

I love my wife above all else and no matter what I will always find her to be an amazing and beautiful woman. I personally Crossfit 3-4 times a week, lift heavy 2 days a week, eat Paleo, and my wife does not. I encourage her all the time to join me and having a healtheyier lifestyle. It is not somehting she wants, she is not obese, but she could be healthier, and I will always try to encourage her to be as healthy as she can be, so we can enjoy a long and fruitful life together. Even though she won't eat Paleo and do crossfit, she does her own thing and I am OK with that. I wouldnt love her anymore is she was a size 6-8 rather than a 12 or whatever, its just purely a physical attraction factor. Now, if she was obese and it was truly affecting her health, i would take a firmer stance.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the perosn you love to look good.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    My advice: stop worrying and stop caring.

It's not like men wear sleeveless shirts anyhow. You love him for him, not his muscles.

And you are not going to make him do anything he doesn't want to do. Just give it up. He has to motivate himself.