What birth control are you using?

Options

Replies

• weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had the 5 year Mirena IUD and it worked GREAT!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I was on seasonique for about 6 months because my period was always extremely irregular and started to bleed for the last 2 months. Yeah that's right, I bled for 2 months straight. It was a pain in the butt so I switched over to a regular monthly dose. I stopped bleeding immediately wooh.

I hated seasonique. I gained like 15 pounds in a month. It was water retention, but still!
  • weemawhit
    weemawhit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on Implanon, which I totally love, but in an effort to save a little money and go the non-hormonal route, I was thinking of using the Todd Akin method, and just making sure that all my future sexual encounters are legitimate rapes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Mirena love it because of no TOM and don't have to remember to take it. I am 28 don't have any kids (never want any) sometimes Dr's will tell you that it will be a little more uncomfotable during the insertion for a woman who has never been prego but overall I didn't think it was bad.
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pulling out - it has no side effects.

Yeah it does. Just ask my sister. She wouldn't be here without it. LOL!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Right now - none. That's how I got my growing tenant.

I have been on the Pill which I liked the most, but it's so much of a hassle to take every day.
    I have been on the shot. When it wore off, I bled for a year straight.

After I have my baby, I think I'm going to get an IUD or some kind of implant. I'm looking for something that will last like 5 years. I was thinking about getting Essure, but that is non-reversible.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sprintec.
    I want to die.

My boobs hurt. It makes me CRAZY, nauseous, and gives me migraines that make me even more nauseous.

I'm stopping it after I see my doctor again. Seriously, I'd rather be knocked up.
  • SourTea
    SourTea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally have only taken the Depo-shot before a while back as far as birth control. It made me emotionally crazy and made me gain 15-20 pounds or so.
    I'm actually into women, so I don't really have to sweat about that anymore ah ha! :P
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    I have the implant. The side effects for me were irregular periods. They were lighter and shorter but I was having them every 2 weeks. They seem to be getting a bit more regular now and are still lighter than usual for me but they can go on for around 10 days. I don't think I will have the implant in again once this one gets removed, but it's different for everyone.
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have implanon. My in insurance covered all of it so I paid nothing. It's kinda gross when you see the needle they put in your arm but, atleast you don't have to worry about taking a pill every day. I love it! Periods.......made them ALOT lighter, but when I think it's over after a couple days, it decides it wants to come back. That's the only thing I hate. No cramping or anything with it also.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    nuvaring
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When the BF and I went on our third date, he told me he'd had a vasectomy. My reply? "I think I love you!"
  • anzielinger
    anzielinger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think the Nuvaring is the best - but expensive. I only have to think about it once a month.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I rely on my personality for birth control.
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    I'm on a relatively new kind of pill called micronor.

It is progesterone only. So no increased risk of weight gain or migraines.

You take pills every day, so no periods. Great!

It is also available as a shot.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    welll right now i have my tubes tied lol but before when i lost 150 lbs i was on Mirena. Other then the abdomen pain i loved it!!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Tubal Ligation! Had the procedure performed right after giving birth to my now...17 year old daughter!!! I wish it was reversable with good results, I got married almost 2 years ago and wouldv'e love being able to have another child with my husband. Oh well! We are satisfied with the children we have and grandkids!!! :heart:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Loestrin FE... It is amazing. A pill, sure. But dropped 5 pounds went I went on it and haven't had my period in years. By design. Love!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I rely on my personality for birth control. <<---- classic
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    None, I like to take risks!