you wont miss Mcdonalds after you read this.

Options

Replies

• jblenkle
    jblenkle Posts: 13
    Options
    They actually haven't used mechanically separated chicken for years. It's white breast meat in those nuggets, mmmmkay!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Source?

Exactly... I'm not buying this. We have food sanitation laws for a reason.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the FDA allows all kinds of crap in our foods.
    Here is the official link from the FDA website on the defect action levels that is allowed in your food. Bugs, mold, rat hairs, rat poop, etc......
    Bon Apetite!

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/sanitation/ucm056174.htm
  • jeanzbeanz
    Options
    Who cares what the process is.

Try these instead:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-chicken-nuggets/
    I love baked chicken nuggets!

But I would get McD's when I am in a hurry and wouldn't have time to cook xD i think most are the same

I hear ya and have been there. I try to make a bulk batch and keep them on hand. 8/10 times I can talk everyone down from the McDonalds ledge. We used to go 3-4 times a week. Sitting in a hospital waiting room makes you re-evaluate.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My favorite kind are Wendy's Chicken Nuggets. But generally speaking, for burgers, BK > McD.
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You probably dont want to know everything about food processing Unless you want to start growing and producing all your own food, or you are prepared to pay much more money for what you do buy. Besides why does everyone get all up in arms about what's in a chicken nugget and not what's in hotdogs.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I already miss it... I think I'll go get some McD's now thanks!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    1. That is not an accurate description of the MSM process
    2. McDonald's hasn't used MSM chicken in its nuggets since 2003
    3. McDonald's and a number of fast food chains announced this past February that they would stop using pinking slime in their burgers

I'm quoting this again so more people read it. I hate how people post crap on the forums and then a good number people afterwards actually believe it!

That's because people are stupid and don't do their own research.
  • Need2bfit918
    Options
    Source?

I hate to burst your bubble, but the FDA allows all kinds of crap in our foods.
    Here is the official link from the FDA website on the defect action levels that is allowed in your food. Bugs, mold, rat hairs, rat poop, etc......
    Bon Apetite!

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/sanitation/ucm056174.htm
    It's not possible to guarantee that stuff won't get in mass produced food like ketsup, and so many others, so just don't over think it all. Heck in some countries they even go out of the way to eat bugs, and rodents they are not necessarily unhealthy.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the process is.

Try these instead:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-chicken-nuggets/
    I love baked chicken nuggets!

But I would get McD's when I am in a hurry and wouldn't have time to cook xD i think most are the same

I hear ya and have been there. I try to make a bulk batch and keep them on hand. 8/10 times I can talk everyone down from the McDonalds ledge. We used to go 3-4 times a week. Sitting in a hospital waiting room makes you re-evaluate.

Don't blame ya!
    I have been making shredded chicken in my crockpot every sunday for the week :D
  • corgihugger
    Options
    1. That is not an accurate description of the MSM process
    2. McDonald's hasn't used MSM chicken in its nuggets since 2003
    3. McDonald's and a number of fast food chains announced this past February that they would stop using pinking slime in their burgers

I'm quoting this again so more people read it. I hate how people post crap on the forums and then a good number people afterwards actually believe it!

Amen.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Source?

Have you ever seen Food Inc.? Might make you rethink the strictness of those laws.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't eat McDonalds anyway. I'll just stick with my chicken feet, cow intestines, and octopus (YUMMY!) ^^
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S9B7im8aQjo#!

I almost vomited the first time I watched this. One of the factors that led me to become vegetarian!
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BFD
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    been eating nuggets since I can remember (early 80s) not going to stop now

this article and "super size me" doesn't bother me .. they are very tasty ... :drinker:
  • Need2bfit918
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S9B7im8aQjo#!

I almost vomited the first time I watched this. One of the factors that led me to become vegetarian!
    Just hope you never discover what your store bought vegetables products go through. It's not limited to meat supplies
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Source?

Being someone who is in the food business herself, I know exactly what kinds of things can go on.... Just because they have laws and regular scheduled visits from inspectors does not mean that they are perfect all the time. Sheesh. I know many people have seen Gordon Ramsey's tv show. It's amazing what these people get away with for so long. Don't be fooled by "certifications" on their walls. They have certain percentages for food. Like if it has over 10% of Ammonia than it should not be sold..... Why is it allowed to have a percentage at all? Some people are in DENIAL. I admit, sometimes it's just easier to stop at MD"s, but, you will get exactly what you pay for. Pay a dollar for that sandwich that they probably spent 45 cents to make. It's that cheap because they buy cheap and it is processed in terrible ways. Don't be ignorant.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    In the UK it's called MRM (mechanically recovered meat) and yes it's pretty gross and I wouldn't eat anything that contained "pink slime" - Jamie Oliver's good on the subject if you want more viewing material.

However, I have to say I hate the trend to eat only white chicken breast meat.

I'm not vegetarian, but I do care about animals. If we raise some beast in order to eat it in due course, I think the least respect demands is to give it the most comfortable, enjoyable life we can, and the easiest death we can manage. And then we should make the most of what it has given us - use as much of it as possible.

So - use thigh meat, drumsticks, chicken wings, make chicken liver pate, chicken skin crisps, soup from bones and necks. I haven't got quite as far as eating chicken feet, that Chinese delicacy, but I think it's a sound idea.

Oh - and don't go to McD. It's crap on so many fronts.
  • Powergirl123
    Options
    thats what you think
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    Watch supersize me a Mcdonalds experiment... will shock you to the core! x

lol i saw that...still made me want a mcds WHILE watching it...lol