New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I thought I would check in and let you know where I'm at... My treadmill is set up now, and I did W1D1 on Wednesday this week and just finished W1D2 tonight (Friday). I did a Pilates Mat class on Tuesday, and a BodyFlow class on Thursday. I've made lots of other small changes over the last two weeks, drinking my water, taking the stairs, no more snacking at night, etc. Today was my weigh-in day (1st and 15th of the month), and I *gained* weight this week! I am blaming it on PMS, and trying very hard not to get de-railed. My usual response to this turn of events would have been to eat chips and/or chocolate while watching tv, but I made it through a movie (at home) with no snacks, and then got on the treadmill for my run at 10:30pm! I am quite impressed with myself, and am going to put myself to bed now!

To all of you out there running: Keep up the great work!!!
  • gillis1118
    gillis1118 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just finished wk 1 day 3 of C25K! I am so glad that I was able to download the AP onto my iphone! It's really keeping me on track!
  • missjacki
    Options
    I'n going to join this thread if it's OK. I joined another one that seems to have trickled down to almost nothing.

I did week 2 day 2 Thursday night. The running part didn't feel as bad as I expected...but maybe that's because I'm focusing so much on my Right knee which mildly hurts ALL the time now. I'm going shoe shopping today for better running shoes and won't be running until sunday...trying to give my knee a rest!

QUESTION: When it says to alternate running/jogging for a total of 20 minutes, is that including the 5 minute warm up walk? I haven't been including the warm up walk in that...so when I'm all done the treadmill says 25:00 minutes (then I usually walk for 3-4 minutes to cool down afterwards)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have to do week 3 day 2 today. We had a mini earthquake last night that woke me up at like 4am so I didn't get back to sleep very well after that. I'm defintiely dragging *kitten* this morning. We're doing INSANITY tonight so I need to get my run in this morning!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: When it says to alternate running/jogging for a total of 20 minutes, is that including the 5 minute warm up walk? I haven't been including the warm up walk in that...so when I'm all done the treadmill says 25:00 minutes (then I usually walk for 3-4 minutes to cool down afterwards)

You're doing it correctly, I believe (at least, that's the way I interpreted those instructions). I also finish out a full 30 minutes with a cool down walk & then stretch for 5 minutes. And good idea giving your knee a rest -- both of my knees started hurting when I first started & progressively got worse because I wasn't smart enough to rest them right away. :wink:

I finished w5d2 today. :bigsmile: I can hardly believe I did it! I'm almost excited to attempt the 20 minute run w5d3 now!
    I :heart: C25K!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I attempted week 4 Day 1 again (this is the third time). I will work on adding a minute every week to the 5 min interval until I can make it the whole 5 minutes. I can tell I am improving though. Hopefully I can move on to week 5 by the first of Feb. I figure I give myself a couple of weeks so I wont get discouraged.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I attempted week 4 Day 1 again (this is the third time). I will work on adding a minute every week to the 5 min interval until I can make it the whole 5 minutes. I can tell I am improving though. Hopefully I can move on to week 5 by the first of Feb. I figure I give myself a couple of weeks so I wont get discouraged.

I struggled like crazy with week 4, too. I tried 3 times, and then Christmas came and I didn't run for a week, and then I dropped back to week 3 and did that again, and then tried and tried week 4 again and then finally said "screw it" and moved onto week 5. And, somehow, week 5 is easier. I don't get it, because obviously running 8, walking 5, and running 8 should be harder than week 4... but I didn't struggle nearly as much with it tonight as I did with week 4 last Monday. ??.

So, I guess that is to say, don't let week 4 discourage you. :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    One more day of week 3! Can't wait to start week 4! I did an extra 90 sec. run when I was done with todays run. I'm feeling good about it!!:bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start w1d1 again tomorrow. I didn't get very far before being derailed by other things (moving furniture for DAYS! and a job interview) so I'm just goning to start over!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm sure it would be much easier if I didn't have all the jiggling and the junk in my trunk.:laugh:

I struggled like crazy with week 4, too. I tried 3 times, and then Christmas came and I didn't run for a week, and then I dropped back to week 3 and did that again, and then tried and tried week 4 again and then finally said "screw it" and moved onto week 5. And, somehow, week 5 is easier. I don't get it, because obviously running 8, walking 5, and running 8 should be harder than week 4... but I didn't struggle nearly as much with it tonight as I did with week 4 last Monday. ??.

So, I guess that is to say, don't let week 4 discourage you. :flowerforyou:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start w1d1 again tomorrow. I didn't get very far before being derailed by other things (moving furniture for DAYS! and a job interview) so I'm just goning to start over!

I may have missed it in the pages... but did the interview go well??

I'm restarting w1d1 tomorrow, silly sinus infection put me on "hold". :grumble:
    Getting back into the game with w1d1 of Chalean Extreme tonight! :glasses:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone!! Finished w1 over the weekend. DH and I are both doing w2d1 today.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Holy cow. I just ran for 20 minutes straight. :noway:
    Flabbergasted would be the word.

Week 5 day 3 DONE! :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. I just ran for 20 minutes straight. :noway:
    Flabbergasted would be the word.

Week 5 day 3 DONE! :bigsmile:

Awesome, congrats!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I may have missed it in the pages... but did the interview go well??

:glasses:

I still have not heard. I'm not too worried as my seasonal job begins in February but it would be nice to have a permanent one!

Completely forgot to do w1d1 today (for the second time)!!!:noway: :grumble: Took my daughter to get a BE Band because her belly muscles have been aching and just forgot! :laugh: Showing my age, maybe?:laugh:

I'll get it done tomorrow.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    The rain made me feel slugggggish today so all we did was an INSANITY video. I needed to get to the gym and run my last day of week 3 but it just didn't happen! Guess I'll do it tomorrow.:grumble:
  • melissahager
    Options
    Finished week 2 on Saturday, but have been out of town since then and am planning to do a run Wednesday night (if I get home from my meeting at a decent time!). Since it will have been 4 days since my last run I think I will do one more day of week two to get back on track. Still loving it and would rather do a run than my Shred video!...but I know I need to fit the strength training in as well...
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I didn't have to work tonight and felt restless so I broke my "only run 3x/week" rule and finished week 6 day 1 tonight. No problems tonight, but I don't anticipate days 2 and 3 being so easy. :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA, but I completed W6D3 last night and it was easier than I expected. I'm not so sure about the final three weeks, though, as there isn't any walking other than the warmup/cooldown!! Yikes.

I still can't believe that I am actually enjoying running...such craziness.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I just finished week 3 yesterday. Starting week 4 on Thursday. It's fun to start getting into the longer run intervals.