No More Excuses - Week 11

Options

Replies

• justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I did it, but I woke up with a stiff and sore upper back, so I am pulling the plug on today's run. Planning on doing a lot of stretching and walking instead. Hopefully its all muscular and it goes away as fast as it came.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Ann...Congrats to your youngest for such a great accomplishment!

Ann and Nysa...I was in the concert band and played the clarinet. I didn't march during football season since I cheered but I enjoyed it. We got to go to the New Orleans World's Fair in 1982 (?) and then I got to go to Disney World on another trip. My oldest is not interested but I hope my youngest is. He gets to decide when he starts 6th grade, which is a couple more years.

Renae...Thanks. I may try that one next. Maybe you can find another popcorn so you don't have to give it up. I hate doing without something I really like.

Laura...Glad to see you today and glad your hubby is doing so great!

Can I have a big YAWHO!!!! for the woodwinds!!!!! :drinker: I am a clarinet player as well. I am surrounded however by brass players in our family. Well...the two oldest played sax, but they aren't around to help me defend the woodwinds anymore. My dh played trumpet, and the others play trumpet and trombone!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Not sure how I did it, but I woke up with a stiff and sore upper back, so I am pulling the plug on today's run. Planning on doing a lot of stretching and walking instead. Hopefully its all muscular and it goes away as fast as it came.

Hopefully you just slept wrong or something simple like that. You are smart to give it a day and let it heal! Back pain is almost the worst I think! Hope you feel better soon!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I also played 1st clarnet for 7 years.

Just finished level 2 of boot camp and burnt 403 cals, not as much as last time I did it but I didn't go as hard. Feeling better this afternoon. Was some what down and grumpy this morning. Off this afternoon to take my son to canskate.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    JustJack - Sorry about your back. I hope you feel better quickly!!

I, too, am a proud woodwind. Flute here :D

I was Drum Major, but never first chair lol

I did pretty well today by staying within my calories, but everything I ate was snacky. I normally just eat a Special K bar for lunch but today, I was starving at 7am so I had two snacks (130 cals each) and for lunch I had a 100 cal popcorn bag and 130 calorie cookie snack.

Dinner will be venison cube steak and garlic mash because I didn't get to eat it the other day when I planned on it!
  • justjack51
    Options
    Back is doing pretty good, I think I should be back to normal tomorrow. (no pun intended)

Walked for 40 minutes, and did a ton of stretching. Actually felt better afterwards then I did beforehand.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Back is doing pretty good, I think I should be back to normal tomorrow. (no pun intended)

Walked for 40 minutes, and did a ton of stretching. Actually felt better afterwards then I did beforehand.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Take it easy:smile:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi all....Sitting here listening to our HS baketball boys playing. It is on the radio. Jusst have to keep track of those kids. So far we are ahead. We should win....

Boy do I think I blew it this afternoon. Was doing well.......but then had to have some ice cream with my husband. Dang it!!!! I caved.... I have been craving sweets like crazy today. Not even close to my TOM so not sure what it is all about. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Did a little wii tonight since I was so bad in eating!!!! Not much though. I feel really drained. I hope I am not getting sick. DH is really tired toight too.,

Yep......only 3 min left in the game and we are up by 11. Hopefully they will hold on.

I am going to need to find another book or something I think. I just read "The Shack". What a great book. I think I am going to have to read it again though because it is very deep.I have also thought about starting some crochet to pass some of the time. Not sure what to do!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful restful night!!!!
    Ann
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a great day. I have been struggling some when it comes to my eating for the past two days but I am going to eat great today and I will do it, NO MORE EXCUSES for me to eat junk, I am just going to do it.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a great day. I have been struggling some when it comes to my eating for the past two days but I am going to eat great today and I will do it, NO MORE EXCUSES for me to eat junk, I am just going to do it.

Great determination!!!! You will do it!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning!!!! Yeah!!! It's Wednesday. I have a meeting this morning, so there goes half the day! Then back to the office to continue plugging #'s!!!!! I am the GM for a water augmentation group here in Colorado and we have to have "plans" approved yearly. It is that time again. Dang it sure comes around quickly. Oh well. It is a challenge and I enjoy it!

So.....Today I am not cheating on my calories!!! EGADS......yesterday was bad, bad, bad!!!! I have got to get a grip and today it is happening. I weigh in tonight for my curves first week on their program. I hope I didn't totally blow it yesterday! Lots of water today!!!! ;)

Everyone have a pleasant day!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning all...Gotta get to work. Have another busy day today. Will try to post later. Have a great day!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Morning all, well I was strong last night, and didnt even look at popcorn. Its not the popcorn itself that is bad, I know you can get 100 cal popcorn, but it is the salt I load on it, then I retain water. So last night for a snack I had an apple slices up and a 35 cal yogurt. I loved it, didnt even miss the popcorn, and my mouth feels a lot better this morning lol (usually pretty dry from the salt). And my weight was done a pound this morning, so that made me happy.

Going to work on books this morning and then my son has playschool this afternoon. It is a buddies birthday today I am bbqing steak, (not good for calories) but then will be going to step aerobics this evening.

Hope everyone has a good day today, will check back in later.
  • tamelab
    Options

Good for you!! You will do it!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good evening!!!! YIPEE!!!! I had my first weigh in for my Curves diet and I went down 1 lb. Hopefully it will hold on until our weigh in on Sunday.

Has anyone heard from Amanda? I have sent her a message and haven't heard back from her which is weird.

I am trying to stay away from the ice cream tonight!!!! Kind of got the munchies but am not hungry so am convincing myself to just have some water and be happy!!!! Didn't sleep well last night so I think it will be an early night for me!!!!!

Night all
    !
  • tamelab
    Options
    Evening team...Just got back from a late evening workout. I didn't feel like going but I'm glad I did. I did 35 minutes of C25K and the Nautilus machines. Now for a shower and hopefully early bedtime.

Ann...I haven't heard from Amanda either. I sent her a message too but haven't heard anything.

Sleep well friends:yawn:
  • justjack51
    Options
    Did weights today, cut 15 minutes out and didn't go too heavy. All is good, my back is about 85%, the true test will be tomorrow when I try to run. All is good, no weight loss yet this week, but no weight gain.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Good Evening, hope all is well. Just got back from step aerobics and burnt 734 cals. Hubby gone to hockey and kids are in bed. Going to curl up and watch a movie, with my apple pieces and a 35cal yogurt. Still have 708 cals to burn tomorrow to get to my goal of 3500, not quite sure if I will be able to do it or not. Ordered 3 more Biggest Loser DVDs last night, should have them next week, I am pretty excited for some variety. Will check back in tomorrow.

Hope your back holds out for you tomorrow during your run justjack.

W2G on your workout this evening Tammy. I always do the same, I don't feel like doing anything then decide just to do it, and I am happy when I have done it.
  • renaegry
    Options
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Thursday morning team...It is raining here, supposed to rain 2 inches. Today is Shred day and I have to work since I didn't work last night. This seems to be a pattern, huh? Have a great day.

Jack...Good luck on your run today.

Renae...Keep me posted on those new DVD's. I will finish the Shred in another couple of weeks and will need a new one. I hate doing the same thing over and over and have just about had enough of Jillian all these days in a row:smile:

Amanda...Where oh where have you gone? I am thinking about you and wondering if you are okay.