Black Team Challenge Week #3!!!

Options
Already week three!

Wow, how tme flies. I hope everyone is having a good week and a great last chance workout today. Speaking of workouts its time for a challenge to get the blood flowing. We have covered the basics, we understand the importance of drinking our water. We understand the importance of weighing and measuring our food. So now we are hydrated and eating right. Lets work out. When it comes to excersise specific challenges we havnt done squat. So guess what we are doing?....That's right, Squats!
Now I know we are all at different fitness levels so I don't want to set a "Number" of required squats, but I will set a time frame. 5 minuetes people. Everyday, 5 minuetes of squats. Lets see how many you can do! Brag about your amazing squat number if you want. In fact, I will challenge any one of you monkeys to outsquat the batman. Mahahahaha.

*Note- If you have a medical situation that limits your ability for squating you may sub a 5 min extension to your workout routine. "I don't like them. or" it's too hard" does not qualify as a medical condtion. Just do your best for 5 mins.

For anyone who does not know how to do a squat, please see the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1eFazK1IA&feature=PlayList&p=37F8BDD934CD7B06&index=0&playnext=1

Enjoy the Biggest Loser tonight and good luck on your weigh ins!

:drinker:

Replies

• Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OUCH! OK, squats. My thighs are going to hate you! 5 mins... hmmmm I am going to start tomorrow...
  • teeneu
    teeneu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for a great day on the scale tomorrow, hope everyone has a good morning! Five minutes of squats, my thighs will be hurting, but I'll start them tomorrow.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

"I don't like them. or" it's too hard" does not qualify as a medical condtion
    :drinker:

:grumble:

:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I was pulled into the office I was at a loss of what to do about my exercise. I work from home and can throw in an hour any time I want.

So I would do squats while I waited for the fax, my copies, the printer OH yeah and the bathroom. With all the water I drink I did bathroom breaks every 30-45 minutes. Used to do 1 minute of squats each time I went in there.

Man my butt looked good:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Andrew.......this is a GREAT challenge!!! :smooched:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    tag
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Andrew ! My thighs say ouch, but my backside says thank you !:smile:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Dude! 5 freaking minutes of squats!?! Are you insane? :wink: ......sorry, had to get out what I was thinking. You know me, I'm into the exercise stuff and I think 5 minutes is nutso! (Plus, you guessed, it, I do hate squats!)

However.... regardless of my stance on the dreaded squats. I do think 5 minutes is a lot. 1 minute seems like a good challenge, 2 minutes seems reasonable.

We did stations in a Cardio Pump class one day, 1 minute stations, 1 minute doing wall squats with a ball and my legs were shaking, but I was obviously pumping them out to the beat of the music and moving it fast. 5 minutes? For real? :sad:

I don't ever time my squats when I do them with weights, I do 12 reps and 3 or 4 sets. I really doubt each set takes more than 30 seconds though.

Legs are my focus in the new year... but 5 mintues........Awwww, your killin' me man! :grumble:

Love you Andrew! :tongue: By the way, when I'm so sore from doing 5 mintues of squats and I whimper when I try to sit on the toilet, I WILL think of you and I may or may not be thinking happy thoughts! :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    tag.....let's see if i can do this one
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    As my Cub Scout says, "I will do my best." Good luck for weigh in tomorrow.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Leslie- That must have been really scary, especially not having any concrete answers yet. Will keep you in my prayers
    Beth – Glad to hear your Grandma is good – Feisty is good!

SQUATS! OMG Batman! Ok you’re on! Good luck everyone! Not sure about the 5 minutes. I’m with Lori- I think I will start with one minute and see how it goes. Game on!
    Good night black team!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    The black team speaks and I listen. If five mins is to much, that's ok, just make sure you challenge yourselves. Maybe its a guy thing, but squats come easily to me. Might be because i'm getting used to doing the with 165 lbs draped across my shoulder. Either way, just do as many as your wee little girley legs can handle and that should be fine. Lol. Mwahahaha
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok Andrew, I will see what I can do:smile:

Im having real trouble this morning getting anything logged and even posting replys:ohwell: It took me about 30 mins to even get this up:noway:

Will check back later and see if the "internal server errors" are taken care of. I will get my weight to you as soon as I can Andrew. Gotta love computers!:ohwell:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    The black team speaks and I listen. If five mins is to much, that's ok, just make sure you challenge yourselves. Maybe its a guy thing, but squats come easily to me. Might be because i'm getting used to doing the with 165 lbs draped across my shoulder. Either way, just do as many as your wee little girley legs can handle and that should be fine. Lol. Mwahahaha

*putting on my negotiating cap*

How about 5 1-minute intervals of squats placed throughout the day, and I still try to beat your number? :devil: :devil: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zippy111
    Options
    definitely problems with the site...hopefully will be resolved soon. I can't lose your guys
    now, I need you!

Not good on the weigh in this morning. I know I can blame the shots I get for my allergies and the meds I take but I am SOOOOOOOO mad. This is when I need you black team. 2 weeks in and I don't want to see a 1 pound weight loss. AHHHHHHHH:angry:
  • zippy111
    Options

*putting on my negotiating cap*

How about 5 1-minute intervals of squats placed throughout the day, and I still try to beat your number? :devil: :devil: :drinker: :drinker:

I like that. I did 2 minutes this morning and will try another 2 tonight maybe 3
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday team!

Haven't weighed yet. Putting it off. Ice storm today. I stayed home, but Tenley's school hadn't canceled yet. Ice started shortly before school started. Now we'll have to go out in it to pick her up. Yuck.

Beth - glad your grandma is doing well.

Leslie - How's your daughter?

I'm glad it wasn't just me having troubles with the site. I had 3 long posts done and it sent an error each time I tried to post. All's I got out was a mere "tag".
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later - just have broadband back as I need to go to school ............ how's that for timing!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so this is making me mad-- I replied, and it vanished-- telling me "your reply can't be blank." Grrrr.

Now I have to get back to work--

Back to chew the fat, so to speak, later.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning...I am down to 172 this morning, another pound. Hope you all have a great day!