Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (looks down at ticker) yup I've lost weight...
  • jenga727
    jenga727 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 100 pounds! Started out at 140! Doesnt take much for short people to look chubby! :/
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on here short and have either lost weight or are losing weight?
    By short I mean 4'11'' - 5'3''
    Im 5ft 0.

I'm 5 ft :) I was 169 lbs at the beggining of 2010. Then gained back a few lbs by May of 2012. I've lost 7 lbs since I started to take MFP seriously :)
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3"
  • tnmomof3girls
    Options
    Great job!!!:smile:
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and am already at a good weight (103 pounds). I lost 9 since December (9 doesn't sound like much to most people but on me, it is way noticeable!). I am already happy with how I look, so I'm most interested in losing body fat and toning up right now. I'd be curious to see how dropping a few more pounds helps out my fitness goals. (Trying to find my ideal race weight, I love to run).

I am one of those short females that doesn't believe we have to eat a lot less than others... I can't do the whole 1200 calorie a day thing. I set myself to 1600 and sometimes eat well up to 3000 calories, depending on exercise. I am not knocking the 1200 cal a day lifestyle - if it suits you and works for you and you can stay healthy on it, go for it. I just happen to exercise a ton doing something I love, and I happen to love to eat too.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5'3 and I started at 250+ lbs. After a few setbacks these past couple months I've seriously been loosing weight. I weigh in tomorrow so my ticker will move from 33lbs lost to more soon! I saw someone ask about calories mfp has you eating...

When I started they had me at 1500 calories... now that I've lost 30+ lbs they have me eating at 1290 calories. I let mfp recalculate my calories but I generally don't count calories. I just use mfp for tracking food, exercise, and progress. I've made my log public if anyone wants to peek in... granted on the weekends I eat phase 3 of my lifestyle diet and during the week I stick to phase 2 foods. Harcombe Diet by Zoe Harcombe, a british weight loss researcher. I also exercise alot with it which is why I think I'm loosing so fast (and that I'm in europe where the food isn't processed the same way as it is in the US. Like their breads have no sugars or perservatives[sp]) , the diet is designed for people to lose weight simply by changing their eating habits.

The diet does work on it's own, my auntie has lost 100+ lbs by simply eating the way it suggested over the course of a year. Now she and I are both on it and exercising at the same time and have noticed the weight coming off fairly quickly but we're also noticing muscle gain from our exercises so fat loss is higher with exercise!
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Shorty here too. I'm 4'11" and trying to lose inches but no success so far
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    I'm 5'2, I've 30 more (or 29.5) pounds to lose (:
  • manahope
    manahope Posts: 11
    Options
    4'11 here. Have lost 90lbs all together. Working on the last 30lbs now. Its so hard because we can't eat as much. I am so jealous when my taller friends can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound. It just makes us stronger though.

Don't give up. You can do it!
  • Paullei
    Paullei Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 5' 0" (if I'm honest with myself), well over 40, and have half of my body weight to lose. It can be done, It has been done, and I'm doing it!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot one and a half. I weigh twice what the charts say I should, and then some. My goal is 135. 7 pounds down - only 115 more to go!
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    Im 5'2, started at 147.6, current 133.6, & have an ultimate goal weight of 113 by 2013 =)
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and need to lose 100+.
  • catherinemaclean
    catherinemaclean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'0 and was up to 183lbs with my pregnancy, starting to lose but still have at least 30lbs to go. Probably closer to 40.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" I've got at least about 25 pounds left to go =]
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    5'2 here and have about 8-10 lbs left to lose! Can't wait for that time to start maintenance:)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm working on fitness, not weight loss. I am 5'2
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 22lbs down so far ... it was 29 but a little slip up means it is now 22!!!

Still deciding what my goal weight shoud be :-)
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    4'11 here. I lost 34lbs on MFP but 57 all together :)