Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm only 5'2 and I'm working on it. It is a slow process for me but I don't want to be this way anymore.

You are not only.

Good things come in small packages!!! Always remember that.

Paula :)
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    5'3" here, mother of 3 and have lost 40lbs so far. Have another 5 - 10 lbs to go. Feel free to add me.

Lately when I've gotten my checkups Dr. office keeps telling me i'm closer to 5'2" but I refuse to believe it. I've always been 5'3"
  • SHHitsKaty
    SHHitsKaty Posts: 301
    Options
    Just barely 5'4 and I wanna lose about 15 lbs still and it's slow and takes hard work and dedication, but it's starting to come off bit by bit.
  • Bebe5289
    Bebe5289 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I'm 4'11 and so far I have lost over 20lbs. Five before I started and then the rest after using myfitnesspal. I am trying to get down to 123 to 125.:wink:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 134 now. My goal is 125 lbs but my perfect weight is 118-122 lbs and fit.
  • emmamiso5
    Options
    Bump
  • saamantha
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and have lost about 19lbs since July 3rd.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting in the 30s! :smile:
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5 feet and 3/4 inch tall. 56 years old.
    Ive lost close to 20 lbs, with 50 more to go.

being short yeah has its share of bummers. Weight shows easily on us but weight loss does too.
    The biggest bummer is our BMR's etc are less so we get to eat less.we also burn less.

I think a common problem is 500 less than our caloric intakes needs is often under 1200 cals . and we cant go under that tso the weight loss will be slower. and it will l gradually slow down the closer we get to our goals., unless we pick up our activity. Im hungry on 1200.At 56 i get to eat less too.

so Im jealous that taller, & younger people get to eat more!

One good thing is we can always put on heels and look taller n slimmer.

good luck
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2. I just made it into the 130's today for the 1st time in about 9 years! I started on 28th August 2011 weighing 183lbs. I now weigh 138.6lbs. 44.4lbs lost! I have 9.6lbs to go until I get to my goal weight of 129. I'd love to lose that over the next 28 days and reach my 129 goal on my 1 year MFP anniversary. I doubt that will happen, so I'll settle with getting to 136lbs which would put me in the healthy weight range for my height! :)

Congrats!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1/2" . Don't know how I carried all the extra weight but it sure helps me through work outs now... I just think "I'm so strong I carried more than 65 pounds around with me everywhere I went every minute of every single day. I can do this now!"
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 trying to lose 30 pounds more feel free to add me :)
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". I've got the apple shape, and am so tired of the spare tire around my middle. I'm 113 so not much weight to lose, but I need a lot of toning, I guess. I just bought the 30 Day Shred the other day, and hope to do it tomorrow for the first time. I've heard that you lose weight faster with circuit training and weights rather than cardio (which I've been doing for the last couple of months), so I can't wait to give it a try.

I had been this height all my life, except when I had been doing yoga/pilates, when I was actually an inch taller! I truly believe that those activities actually stretch your spine. Woo Hoo!!! :bigsmile:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 1.5 inches.And have lost actually 15 pounds. I still want to lose about 29 pounds, but I am 42 and it seems a lot more difficult than it did when I was 32, and 22... LOL... I do have so much more energy than I did before I started exercising, though. :)
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and find it extremely hard to lose weight. 10 lbs on us shorties make a HUGE difference. I'm trying really hard to focus more on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and my muscle tone vs my old mindset of the "all-important" number on the scale.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"! I just started a few weeks ago and ultimately have a goal of 135lbs, but 150lbs would be awesome too!
  • collarbonesfor2011
    Options
    5'1.5" and it really sucks and hurts, but getting to 120 will make it better :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    5'0 and needing to lose about 20-30 pounds. What I HATE is so many people say "Oh, you aren't that heavy! Or that big!!" But really...I'm technically overweight (actually last I checked, 3 pounds on the obese side) for my height AND body frame. So yes I do need to lose weight despite what everybody else thinks. :(

I do have a hard time losing weight but that's not really because I'm short.
  • bbmkr3
    bbmkr3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'2" here, started at 174 and down to 156. Coming off slowly but surely and would be comfortable around 130ish. It is a lot of work but I feel so much better already!
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I 5.0ft and I think losing weight is just as hard for the next person but its harder to show on us. xx