Sooooooo....whats for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal flavoured with cinnamon and apple butter. Mid morning snack is usually either cottage cheese or greek yogurt and a fruit.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like Oatmeal for breakfast. This morning I mashed a banana into my serving and then mixed 1 cup of lowfat kefir in to that.

I also sometimes like a high protein breakfast. Maybe a couple of eggs and some toast with no-sugar added preserves, with some left over meat from dinner, such as flank steak. I just count up the cals and hit between 400-500 for breakfast.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with sunflower seeds
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly boring - either two scrambled eggs with a slice of toast or two waffles, toasted, with a tablespoon of almond butter and a bit of honey. And coffee. Lots of coffee.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    2 Whole wheat waffles with Sugar free apricot preserves
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Scrambled egg
    Pita bread
    Cheddar cheese
    V8 V-fusion
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1 pouch of instant oatmeal (plain/no sugar)
    1/2 of a medium banana (apx 2 ounces) sliced VERY thinly
    1/4 c frozen blueberries
    1 tbsp finely chopped walnuts

Prepare oatmeal in the microwave with water, not milk. While still very hot, stir in the sliced bananas and frozen blueberries. The hot oatmeal will cause the bananas to almost melt, and will bring the blueberries up to a really nice texture (blueberries also help cool down the oatmeal so you can eat it sooner). Sprinkle 1 tbsp of chopped walnuts on top and enjoy! VERY filling, and only 240 calories.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I made some great sugarfree(ish) strawberry-banana bread for this week's breakfasts.

NdTyl.png
    Also used:
    1tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

I'd suggest using whole-wheat flour for the full 2 cups; the only reason I didn't is because I ran out after the first loaf. :(

Anyway, you mix the dry stuff together (except for the brown sugar), then you mix the wet stuff in, then you fold in the walnuts and strawberries, then you put it in a greased loaf pan, then you sprinkle the brown sugar over the top along with some more cinnamon, then you bake at 300 F until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean - about an hour. I cut it into 12 slices and then cut the loaf in half vertically - the 25th serving is what fell off while I was doing the cutting. :tongue:

8OO19.jpg
    It's not super high in protein, but it's a pretty generous serving size. Add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and it's a satisfying light breakfast or mid morning snack for just a little over 150 calories.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats with almonds, a few raisins and skim milk or oatmeal with fresh fruits.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean's d-lites.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie and an english muffin with almond butter. For the green smoothie, I put in one cup of fresh spinach (not the bagged kind), half a banana, 1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt, one celery stalk, a squeeze of lemon, and water. I blend and enjoy it!

Other days I'll have a veggie omelette made with one egg, four egg whites, spinach and tomato with a side of fruit and green tea.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Today I had 3/4 c LF cottage cheese. If I had more time I would have made A cottage cheese sandwich.

1 Sandwich round cooked french toast style (soaked in 1 egg).
    Then I fill the middle with 1/4 peppered cottage cheese.
    Let it cook til slightly melty. yum.
  • Technickal1
    Technickal1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today, I think I'm going to have 1/2 cup egg beaters, whole wheat english muffin, vitamin water zero and either a plum or cantelope. No cheese or anything on my sandwich because today is my meal day!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having a Thomas light English muffin with PB2 and strawberry preserves and a protein shake. My favorite breakfast is an omelet with spinach, tomatoes, Morningstar chicken, fake bacon bits, and some cheese, but I usually don't have time to make and eat an omelet in the morning. :laugh:
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have the same thing every morning for breakfast (it's delicious):
    1 frozen banana
    half scoop protein powder
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    3/4 cup of Unsweetened Almond MIlk
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

Blend!

It's very sweet and delicious. It does pack a calorie punch on the days that I don't plan on exercising, so I cut it down to one tablespoon or peanut butter.
  • Ann1964x
    Ann1964x Posts: 76
    Options
    I love this!
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I try to switch up my breakfast as much as possible. This morning I had one Van's flax waffle with 3/4 tbs trader joe's crunchy peanut butter and one banana sliced. 277 calories.
  • arkieft0516
    arkieft0516 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and granola

or

2 slices of turkey bacon
    1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 wedge Laughing Cow cream cheese or cheese
    1 egg

or

breakfast burrito with 2 eggs, turkey sausage, onion, green & red peppers in a whole wheat tortilla with 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge

or

skim milk and Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate cereal

or

if I'm running late and forget to plan the night before, I grab a breakfast sandwich from Subway on Flatbread and cut it in half, saving the other half for breakfast the next day
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This morning was overnight oatmeal with walnuts and raisins and 2 scrambled eggs and coffee! Delish!
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit.

Chobani Greek Yogurt w/ 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch mixed in