Sooooooo....whats for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• TinaLRoman
    TinaLRoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Breakfast usually is just a cup of herbal tea. I don't usually "eat" until 12p or so.
  • msejoseph
    Options
    I have southwest egg beaters with cheese or just the plain egg beaters and I add vegetables w/cheese. Sometimes greek yogurt (yoplait makes one that is only 100 calories), or oatmeal with a pice of fruit.
  • mcouturezz
    mcouturezz Posts: 145
    Options
    Usually during the week at work I have a bowl of cereal, either Multigrain Cheerios or Bran Flakes with 1 cup of 2% milk ( for a few grams of fat ) and a tbsp of pecans.
    During the week end I like to have 1 slice of 9 grain bread with low fat creton and a glass of orange juice
    Enjoy !
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of plain 10 grain bread and 2 eggs. 1/2 of a banana and a cup of coffee with a tablespoon of flavored creamer. BORING~ LOL
  • jilli814
    jilli814 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2 whole wheat frozen waffles
    1/2 c blackberries
    1 T chopped pecans
    1 T pancake syrup

That sounds yummy!
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a sandwich of 2 whole wheat toast with peanut butter, cream cheese, cinnamon and apples slices. It was delish !!!!!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    4 oz of Homemade greek style yogurt topped with 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries, and 1/8 cup homemade granola finished off with homemade shredded toasted fresh coconut. :wink:
  • jilli814
    jilli814 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup of Fiber One Honey clusters cereal- very high in fiber
    1 cup of fat free milk and
    a fruit
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cooked old fashioned oatmeal and 1/2 cup (75g) diced strawberries mixed together
    1 low carb multi grain wrap with 1 scrambled egg and 1/4 (1 oz) ground turkey breast, and 1/8 cup mozzerella cheese
    1/2 cup low sodium 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 diced banana, 1/8 cup crumbled walnuts, and cinnamon
    1 thin bagel, 2 eggs cooked solid, 1 laughing cow cheese wedge, salsa. Spread the cheese on one side and salsa on the other side of the bagel!

Some of my go to breakfast meals!
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Depends.. This morning:

Eggbeaters/ with 2TBS of Salsa ( for kick)
    1/2 c unsweetend applesauce sprinkled with cinn.and splenda
    2 slices of low carb toast (15 carbs for 2 pieces) with cinn/splenda on them.
    I use the I can't believe its not butter spray.

Sometimes Abundance Oatmeal with Flax
    1/2 banana
    1 oz cheese

Light Yogurt
    Toast
    fruit
    and some form of protien.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Today I had a scrambled egg, 4 slices canadian bacon on top half of a left over baked potato. It was yummy! Usually I will have an egg, 2 slices of bacon or can bacon and a bit of cheese in a wrap or on an english muffin.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Before I leave for work, I have a half a large banana, or a couple of baby bananas.
    Most mornings, at my desk, I have low-fat yogurt, naturally sweetened, with high-fiber cereal mixed in. I like the crunch factor.
    Very rarely, I have eggs fried with cooking spray and a few pieces of turkey bacon.
    Kinda boring, huh? :yawn:
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    either 1/2 a multi grain bagel with PB and honey or a protein shake depends on my mood :) if I'm still hungry I may add a piece of fruit
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats:

1/2 cup oat bran
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1-2 tbsp ground flax seed
    1-2 tbsp wheat germ
    1 tbsp sweetener of your choice
  • meaghanxox
    Options
    Some quaker banana bread oatmeal, topped with half of a banana and some raw almonds! (:
    Another go-to of mine is kashi go lean crunch with skim milk and some berries on top.
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know your breakfast preference or time constraints but here are my quick and easy meal.

Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oatmeal.
    1 Waffle with Cookie Butter (Rare)
    1/2 Bagel with Peanut Butter
    Cheerios with Protein Shake.

I switch these up by weeks. All are pretty easy to make and I normally wash it all down with a glass of soy milk.

I LOVE soy milk! Just original.. Yum! :) Real milk just taste gross to me now.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I change my breakfast foods about every two-three weeks:

Bananas and Orange juice;
    Grapefruit and yogurt;
    Yogurt and blueberries;
    Oatmeal and apples/banana;
    Cantaloupe and banana fruit cocktail

I try to get five fruits and vegetables in a day, and I've found that breakfast is the perfect meal to get in one or two servings :-)
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Usually just scrambled eggs or an egg sandwich on wheat with sliced ham/cheese. Really been eating a lot of Special K Protein Plus though with berries or a tbs of PB chips. It's the only cereal that fills me up!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    if you're really bored with breakfast, try switching it up by not eating breakfast... but have an amazingly good lunch (or brunch) that is bigger or more calorie-filled then you could otherwise have.

by cutting out breakfast, my lunches are awesome. lol
  • arsheya
    arsheya Posts: 1
    Options
    Okay, so I LOVE food.....like love, love food and I find that I get easily bored of eating the same things everyday.
    Breakfast is one of those things that you can really change up just as long as you keep protein in there for energy throughout the day. At least that what I need. I usually have a green tea/americano to go with this but i don't put any sugar or anything in it, so we're good to go.

Here are some ideas of what I eat for brekkie:

-turkey and spinach wrap
    -eggs and kale wrap with spicy sauce
    -wraps in general (you can fill them with anything which is amazing)

-smoothies are pretty good
    -Sushi in the morning...i know it sounds crazy, but this really is a good idea for breakfast, its filling and healthy (brown rice) and you can get it almost anywhere :)

-Fruit and granola, longo's has a really good organic maple granola which is great.
    -yogurt parfait....fruit and granola but with no fat vanilla activia
    - I tend to stay away from Granola bars however, they have all this weird stuff in them that I can't pronounce and you'd be surprised that one granola bar can often be as many calories as like a chocolate bar, so why not just eat that.

Lastly, when i'm feeling like i need a treat in the morning....
    Nutella fruit sandwiches! these are amazing! I got into these because its the only way my cousin will eat fruit
    So whole wheat organic bread, one tablespoon of Nutella (not that fattening!) and then you take any seasonal fruit you want and put it all together...BAM delicious!

Hope that helps!

A.