Never Been So Happy to See a Fat Photo - Definite Changes!

Options

Replies

• poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    wow, I see a huge difference!
    YOu must have measured wrong... your waist is so obviously smaller!

You would think, right? So crazy. Plus, the waist band on all of my pants are huge now. I just don't know how I could've measured that wrong.

Thank you so much!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great. Good Job.
  • poeco76
    Options
    Wonderful changes! Congrats to you. You look great and I think you must feel better too!
    Looking forward to another picture post in 4 months.

Me too! :O) I hope to see another significant amount of change... but above all, I am so happy to feel better physically and be able to do all of the things I love.
  • lisamcr61
    Options
    definate change !! keep going, u look great!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    You're looking great :smile:
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    amazing! keep it up! I cannot stress how important photos are...even if you feel silly taking them, you will thank yourself later!
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    In four months? You are totally amazing! You look fantastic in your cycling photo and are developing a gorgeous shape! And yes, you measured wrong-you are so much smaller in the waist now! Keep up the hard work-you are doing a great job!
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thats fabulous there's definitely a big change, and just four months is so great. What's your secret?
  • mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow, that's amazing! Good job
  • poeco76
    Options
    Thats fabulous there's definitely a big change, and just four months is so great. What's your secret?

It really isn't a secret. I have been overweight my entire life and I've lost good chunks in the past, however, I've always gone into it with the wrong mindset. In the past, I would tell myself that I wasn't allowed to have anything "bad," and that "someday" this would all be over and I could go back to "normal." But, what is normal for a person who's been fat her whole life? The reality is, I was starving myself to lose quickly, and it all just came back on. This time, I eat what I know I should most of the time, but if we go out to dinner on the weekend, I don't freak out if it's a pizza place or mexican food, etc. and just have a slice or get something somewhat reasonable off the menu. I haven't deprived myself of anything that I actually wanted... the trick is determining if I actually want it. :O) In addition, I work out a significant amount. I found a local kickboxing class that has done wonders for me, and I cycle quite a bit. Between the two, I get cardio and muscle training, and the combo seems to be working well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it so very much.
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Way to go!! :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you are doing so great!!! :D be proud girl!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Rock those more defined curves!
  • BigBodyBobby
    Options
    Nice Work!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    omg, you did that in just 4 months......Look out end of the year, you look gooood!!!
  • poobottom
    Options
    good on you! you've just inspired me!
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    First of all....amazing! I totally get the not seeing it part. I have been on a now scale summer because the numbers were frustrating me. I am an addictive 'measurer' and would measure weekly, those numbers too were not changing or averaging a gain. Finally I started to compare pictures. Pictures are my life saver! Keep on taking pictures. For some reason my scale is the devil and my measuring tape a lier! But the camera, it is my best friend. Good luck you will continue and you will feel and look even more amazing than you feel already!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Wow! Are you kidding me? Of course, we can see a difference!! You look amazing and what progress you have made in such a short time! Keep up the great work!!:)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    the difference is astounding! congrats to you for finding a new healthy hobby! it's great to hear that you have a supprotive husband backing you up as well!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Four months well spent!! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!