bump
  • GidgetW
    GidgetW Posts: 23
    I found this site through Pinterest....

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/
  • Ingredients:
    5 lb or 10 lb bag of frozen chicken breasts
    1 can low sodium chicken broth

My FAVORITE thing to use my crockpot for is cooking chicken. It makes life sooo much easier. I buy the 5 lb bags of frozen chicken breast at my grocery store. If you can find the 10 lb bag then get that instead. Thaw and rinse the chicken. Place it in your crockpot with one can of low sodium chicken broth. Set the crockpot on low and let it cook all day (about 8 hours). Once the chicken is done, shred it. If you wait until the chicken has cooled it is harder to shred. I just scoop it out and use 2 forks and shred it. Then portion it out and bag it in ziplock bags and freeze it. It is so versatile since you didn't add tons of seasonings. It is also good on its own. Use it anywhere cooked chicken is required and season it then. I use it for casseroles, tacos, salads, chicken and dumplings, etc.
  • We attempted meatballs in mushroom gravy last night over brown rice. It was amazing!!!

Ingredients:
    - 2lbs ground hamburger or turkey meat
    - 1 can cream of mushroom soup
    - 1 large onion
    - 1 tbsp minced garlic
    - salt and pepper for seasons
    - italian seasons
    - lawry's seasoned salt
    - brown rice

1. Season raw meat with lawry's season salt, italian season, salt and pepper to your liking.
    2. Roll meat into meatballs and panfry until done.
    3. Use about half of the leftover grease to make gravy.
    4. Pour cream of mushroom soup into crockpot and heat.
    5. Mix meatballs, gravy, chopped onion, and garlic into crockpot.
    6. Season with salt and pepper to your liking, and cook on high for 3 - 6 hours until gravy is thickened.
    7. Pour over brown rice.

Hope you enjoy!!
  • Oh, my favorite though is redbeans and rice.
    I usually add 1 pack of dried red beans and let them cook for about 3 - 4 hours, then add one more pack and cook all day.
    I'll fry up some sliced sausage links for nice flavor, and add 3-4 cloves of garlic, 1 - 2 onions quartered, and a few slices of bell pepper.
    Pour over some brown rice. My family loves this one
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    I will be looking at this later!
  • kyhall4
    kyhall4 Posts: 24 Member
    bump
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Definitely saving for later, but I have a question. I do not own a crockpot, but I am asking my mom for one for my upcoming bday. I work LONG hours and by the time I pick up my boyfriends daughter after work we literally have 2 hours before bedtime. I would love to have dinner waiting for us. When I leave in the morning it is easily 10-12 hours before I am home. Is it safe to let the crock pot cook that long, or do they come with timers so I can set it to only cook 6-7 hours? I need advice and to do some research!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    bump!
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Bump
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Definitely saving for later, but I have a question. I do not own a crockpot, but I am asking my mom for one for my upcoming bday. I work LONG hours and by the time I pick up my boyfriends daughter after work we literally have 2 hours before bedtime. I would love to have dinner waiting for us. When I leave in the morning it is easily 10-12 hours before I am home. Is it safe to let the crock pot cook that long, or do they come with timers so I can set it to only cook 6-7 hours? I need advice and to do some research!

Mine has a digital timer so when it's done cooking, it kicks to warm for three hours I think. I don't burn things up any more. LOL.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Pulled pork--yum

Deer chili

Chicken of all sorts

Sweet potato casserole

Mac and cheese

On weekends, I'll cook chicken in it with spices, shred, then make enchildas during the week or even chicken tacos.

Chicken and dumplings

Roasts of course...that's a few.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks!
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    I mostly use it for soups. Black bean soup or multibean soup.
    Veg stock, water, black beans (or the multibean bags) (uncooked/not canned), lots of spices, whatever veg you want, barley. Cook all day. Mmmmm
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    bump
  • KAC1966
    KAC1966 Posts: 1 Member
    BUMP - awesome crock pot recipes! Thank you!
  • bump