May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I am still doing good with my goals not much to say but wanted to say good luck to everyone on there goals
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    well, i'm doing a bit better on the work outs this week.:bigsmile: and i got back to weight training today (woohoo!)
    doing well on water too.

and i managed to do something for myself yesterday. my daughter needed some new slacks, so we went shopping. i have resisted buying any new clothes since i started dieting. Somehow buying new things feels like you've arrived, and i have such a long way to go; i really haven't arrived anywhere yet.

But, i really needed some new jeans. So......drum roll please..........i bought some new jeans 4 sizes smaller than what i've been wearing. (i'm still a very large person, but dang that was fun.):drinker:
    -katie
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    KatieLouHoo- 4 sizes! WAY TO GO!!:smokin: Keep up the GREAT work!

Checking in for today:

Exercise: 2/5 still. Today got to be kinda crazy.:grumble:

Water: 3/5 Two of those were at 10+ cups. (My poor bladder! I'm going to have to curb some of my drinking during the day, or time it better! I don't get many bathroom breaks during the day:sad: )

Something for me: I'm still floating on the new glasses thing (only 7 more days til they get here!:bigsmile: ). Although at work today, I did get a big pat on the back from the superintendant. I sold some extra music, but the finance secretary wasn't sure which account (district music budget or music activity fund) the $$ should go into. So I went to ask the super, and she said to put it in the activity fund. She then went on to to wax eloquent on how great that was, and she was so glad I was organizing all of that, etc etc. In a time of great uncertainty in the education world (especially in our district, which is consolidating AGAIN), it's nice to know that my efforts are noticed and appreciated. So while I didn't sell the music for me, or even today:laugh: , that was a great pick-me-up!

Now for a story then a question. Last week Ray had pink eye. He took the drops as directed, and was NOT happy about it! I washed sheets, pillow cases, etc. everyday while we were home with him, and then every other day. Yesterday Ruth shows signs of pink eye. This morning I show signs of it:angry: . When DH went to drop Ray at daycare, he let her know that Ruth had it (since she was there yesterday). At which point, she looked at Ray and said, "I think he might have it again, too." SOoooo BOTH kids stay home today AND tomorrow.:ohwell: Called the doc's office, and they were kind enough to not require a visit. They just called in the scripts. But since Ray had it last week, we get the EXPENSIVE drops because the cheap ones didn't work.:grumble: Ok, that's the story, here's the question. Besides washing sheets every day, washing hands compulsively, and using hand sanitizer like it's going out of style, do any of you have other ideas on how to get rid of this once and for all? We really can't afford to be taking many more sick days. I'll run out soon i this keeps up! (I try to keep a couple for April and May when allergies kick in and at least one of us end up with a sinus infection:cry: ) Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Here is the only other thing that I saw.

Households exposed to pink eye, particularly with kids, should disinfect commonly touched areas like doorknobs, television remotes, computer keyboards, and others.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's Totals:

Exercise: 4/5 (I'm counting Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues)

Water: 4/5 (drank 10 glasses)

Treat self: 4/5 (Watched the Biggest Loser and talked on phone w/cousin)

My exercise is complete for today. I completed 58 minutes of Kenpo X from the P90X series. This was my first time completing this workout or anything from P90X and it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I can definitely see myself completing that again.

I have drank 4 glasses of water already so I'm feeling confident that I will meet the water challenge today.

Today I treated myself to a little extra time in bed. I usually get up at 6 am and begin my workout. Today I allowed myself to lounge til 7 am and then rocked out the workout.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Lisa, good luck w/getting rid of the pink eye. I haven't had that in years and don't have any children so I really can't imagine what you must be going through. Get better soon!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's Totals:

Exercise: 4/5 (I'm counting Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues)

Water: 4/5 (drank 10 glasses)

Treat self: 4/5 (Watched the Biggest Loser and talked on phone w/cousin)

My exercise is complete for today. I completed 58 minutes of Kenpo X from the P90X series. This was my first time completing this workout or anything from P90X and it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I can definitely see myself completing that again.

I have drank 4 glasses of water already so I'm feeling confident that I will meet the water challenge today.

Today I treated myself to a little extra time in bed. I usually get up at 6 am and begin my workout. Today I allowed myself to lounge til 7 am and then rocked out the workout.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Lisa, good luck w/getting rid of the pink eye. I haven't had that in years and don't have any children so I really can't imagine what you must be going through. Get better soon!

Great job Choco! I love kempo, it was probably my favorite DVD.
    Wait til u get to plyo that will work u out good, just be careful w ith the knees!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So I ended up having a good day yesterday, Got my full 1hour 10 min's of exercise in and today did 30 min's again. Think I'm gonna take tonight off. After my workout my this morning I took a peak at the the scale and ....... I was down 2 lbs!!!!! Woo hoo, Finally:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

So maybe taking it easy this weekend helped. Plan on really sticking to it until Friday, hopefully I will see some pounds lost. We leave in 2 weeks 2 days for our cruise...... Can't wait to get away

as always drank my 100+ oz of water..
  • lisawest
    Options
    Lisa - Here is the only other thing that I saw.

Households exposed to pink eye, particularly with kids, should disinfect commonly touched areas like doorknobs, television remotes, computer keyboards, and others.

Thanks! I've been doing doorknobs, and the light switches. But I hadn't thought about the remotes and keyboards. *sigh* I hate cleaning.:ohwell: Guess I'll have to have DH pick up more lysol on his way home from work.
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Bad news for me too today. The dance workout I had so much fun doing on Monday has left me with two pulled calf muscles and spasms in my left calf. Awesome :angry:

I guess I'll be taking a break from the gym today and just working on stretching. I'm frustrated. I feel like I was just getting into the groove of working out everyday.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Week 01/17 - 01/23

Water: 3/7

Exercise: 1/6

Sweets: 0 Mande: 3

Did not get a chance to work out yesterday, as I had unexpected company until 8:30 p.m. (mom-in-law -- who is also my boss. lol. Got out of work early... then had to entertain instead of exercise. Ah well. :wink: ) Will either do double cardio on Saturday, or get in a session on Sunday (which should be my rest day, but since I've HAD my rest day... <shrug>). It's all good. :smile:
  • lisawest
    Options
    Challenge Check in:

Exercise: 3/5 (my 5 yo "worked out" with me today:happy: She did the Wii Fit + running, hula hoop, and a bunch of balance games. Great fun!)

Water: 4/5

For me: Since I was home with "sick" children today (couldn't someone have told THEM they were sick?!), I didn't have a lot of "me" time. So I made DH put them to bed and read them their stories while I had my dinner. (We had church tonite, and on those nights I never get dinner before 8:30:grumble: )

Oh, and I resisted picking up something at a FF place on my way home. I had to stop and get gas at a station that has a McD's in it. The picture of the ice cream in their window looked DELICIOUS, but I resisted:tongue:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted this week, but I am sticking with it! I have gotten in my exercise every day this week except Tuesday, and my water every day except Sunday, so here's where I stand:
    Workouts: 4/5
    Water: 4/5
    Not bad! Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow!
  • yharmon
    yharmon Posts: 68
    Options
    Katie:
    4 sizes smaller!! That's fantastic!! Congratulations!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I'm unsure when the challenge actually began so I've been counting since last Saturday. If this is incorrect I apologize but since we weigh in on Friday's I thought the new week began on Saturday.

Wednesdayy's Totals:

Exercise: 5/5 (I'm counting Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues & Wed)

Water: 5/5 (drank 12 glasses)

Treat self: 5/5 (Went to bed early b/c I was exhausted)

My exercise is complete for today. I completed 50 minutes of Jillian's "Blast Fat & Boost Metabolism" dvd.

I am just about done w/drinking 4 glasses of water already so I'm feeling confident that I will meet the water challenge today.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Does anyone know what should be done when you've met your goal weight but you still want to decrease your body fat %? My body fat % has decreased since I've begun my weight loss journey but I would still like to tone some more. I really want to see definition in my arms, back and legs but am unsure what I should do to get that w/o dropping pounds.

Any and all ideas are welcomed.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Challenges for this week I am right on target
    Water everyday getting a min of 100oz!!!!
    Exercise @ 2hours 10 min this morning. I am still debating if I want to do the treadmill tonight or not. Will do Wii Jillian challenge before I weigh in tomorrow morning, but will it benefit me or hurt me to have the extra workout tonight???? Anyone ideas are welcomed. I really want to see the scale go down
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Week 01/17 - 01/23

Water: 4/7

Exercise: 3/6 (missed a day of cardio)

Sweets: 0 Mande: 5

I've been counting from Sunday, didn't think of weigh in day as the start/end point of the week -- good idea, though.
  • lisawest
    Options
    Check in:

Exercise: 4/5 (if I count from Friday) I haven't gotten any in today. I'm planning to get in another workout after I get the kiddos to sleep. *fingers crossed*

Water: 5/5 I only got 9 in today, but that's more than usual!

Something for me: Tonight was "Girls' Night Out" with my MIL. Ruth usually comes with us, and Ray typically goes with DH. Well, he wanted to get in one last run before his 5K on Saturday:ohwell:, so I ended up taking both kids. So I'm not quite sure if that counts.:huh: I resisted the yummy dinner rolls, but I did not resist the lemon meringue pie:laugh: Good news is, that I KNEW about what dinner was going to be, so I did really good throughout the day. Right now, without my exercise, I am only about 150 cals over:noway: Not too shabby considering. Now if only I can get my not-nearly-as-big-as-it-was-4-months-ago rearend off the couch to workout, I won't even be over! (I'm not really expecting a loss this week after all the sodium in tonight's dinner, but we'll see!)

Good luck on tomorrow's weigh in!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Haven't been posting but been logging everything and staying within my goals. Didn't go to linedance class today my foot was hurting a old injury. Cleaning horse stalls this weekend will make up for it.:flowerforyou:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Check in:

4/5 exercise

5/5 water

I have been doing excellent this week, staying within calories, drinking water like crazy and not logging my exercise calories. I'm hoping all of this will help break the plateau I have going. So I'm very excited about the weigh in tomorrow! :bigsmile: I've been really busy and stressed out with all the homework I have at the moment. Some days I wish I could go back to being a senior in high school where the pressure isn't so great. I've been feeling guilty about exercising when I should be doing homework but then I read this article about tips from Jillian Michaels. She said to make the time to exercise because you cannot take care of other people if you don't take care of yourself first. And for some reason that hit home to me.

Have a good night and Happy weigh in tomorrow!:bigsmile: