Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    My daughter will be 4 in October
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?
    Still up in the air
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?
    Pregnancy was easy peasy (seriously! I was mad that I went early!), Delivery, it was fine. water broke with no progress and then after 2 hours of pushing, she was vacuumed out, but nothing like 6 hours of pushing or anything.
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?
    I work, so DH drops DD off at daycare in the morning and I'm in to work around 7am, then I hit the gym at 4pm and have a great workout just before going to pick DD up from daycare before 6pm.
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?
    I'm unhappy with how I look and feel and know I need to get healthy so I can live longer.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i have 8 kids, 20, 18, 17, 12, 9, 9, 4, & 17 months

Jordan, Jasmine, Shadow, Damian, Thomas , Tameka, Shyloh and Rainey

no more kids!!!!!! we have enough :~)

they were all interesting and eventful!!!

when baby lays down for her nap

health and i want to start my own business as a personal trainer and a nutritionist. and i want to b sexy!!! ya baby!
  • hotchokl8
    Options
    Hey everyone
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    I have 4 children 5yr old twins, Isaiah and Nialah, 3yr old son Elijah, and a 22 month old daughter Navaiah.
    Loooool i plan to have noooooo more children, im content with 2 boys and 2girls.
    my pregnancies where great, no major complications at all, and thank god no Cesareans. the twins where 16hr labour, Elijah was 6hrs and Navaiah was 8 hr, all deliveries pretty quick, thank God looool
    well my fiance who i have been with for 10 years is highly supportive, so i train 4 days a week usually in the morning at my uncles house as he is a fitness trainer/ nutrionist. Im just finishing my first week, so i have my first weighing tomorrow.
    My main motivation was my wedding in November, but since starting and seeing the diffrence in my old lifestyle to my new lifestyle , my new motivation is my children and my happiness, i wanna be fit for them and i want them to lead by example, and i want to look in the mirror and be happy, and be able to say ' hey for a mother of 4, you look gooood' loooooool.
    Good luck everyone and i hope we all reach our goal weight sooner rather than later. Lets be yummy mummy's. yyyaaaaaayyyyy
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • jenn0113
    jenn0113 Posts: 25
    Options
    1.) son that will be 4 in Nov, 8 month old daughter
    2.) probably not
    3.) not fun. 53 hour labor, ended in csection. then a repeat csection.
    4.) when the kids are in bed at 8-9 pm.
    5.) i want to feel better about myself
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    1) I have 6 kids
    Logan Gray (12)
    Tyler Austin (11)
    Kaitlyn Elisabeth (8)
    Cameron James (4)
    Cara Grace (3)
    Ava Rose (9 weeks)

2) We think two chidren are plenty ;)

3) The pregnancies were pregnancies. All full term, felt great until the end and then I couldn't wait for it to be over with. All vaginal deliveries with the first being 8 hours and the last two being 3 and 2 hours respectively. All edpidurals except the last (decided after the 3 hr labor with Cara, I wanted to try it at least once with out it with Ava)

4) After the oldest 3 go to school and I get the baby fed I put Cara and Cameron on the couch to "watch" and do a kettlebell workout. In the evenings, my hubby and I walk together after we get the youngest ones in bed. Logan is a great helper.

5) I want to do what I can now to prevent health problems in the future. I have too many people depending on me.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children. My daughter is 23 and my sons are 17 and 14.

No, I am 40 years old now! plus, the one advantage to having kids young is that I will still be young when they are all grown. I'll only be 44 when my baby goes off to college. My husband and I have great plans once we have an empty nest!

Pregnancy and labor, very very hard for me. I am not a woman who gives birth easily. I never made it to my due dates either, all three came early. My daughter was 2 weeks early, oldest son was 2 months early, and youngest was a month early.

I exercise first thing in the early morning and in the evening. Sometimes I get to the gym in the middle of the day. My work schedule is starting up again soon so I will have to hit the gym early in the mornings before work.

My health! I want to be strong and healthy well into my elderly years. My husband and kids motivate me too, I love them very much and want to be around for/with them.
  • garzapat1005
    garzapat1005 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    have three children 10-Mathew 9- Angelina 2- Jaime. We are not planning to have any more children! All of my preg were good, I on the other hand was very uncomfotable through all of them.....I would normally go to the gym with my hubby but after the last child I invested in beachbody workout programs and relized that me , my self got a better work out at home including weights...then going to the gym and putting the kids in the play room ect. I workout for my energy for the kids and mostly I alswas want my husband look at me the way he did before kids wink wink .....
  • sonstegard
    Options
    1. I'm a single mom of a 4 year old little boy.
    2. I do want more under better circumstances
    3. Well from what I know the pregnancy went good no problems really
    4. I barely get the time, but my little boy actually enjoys working out with me
    5. My maim motivation is to get healthy. After having an ulcer perforate I figured it's time to get healthy for my son and so I can be around for him and that I can be here when he decides to settle down and have kids of his own
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) I am a single mom of two little girls, ages 7 and 8
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? We shall see...
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? The first one was great, there were complications with the second and some major pre-partum depression!
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? I work out at the Y with the kids in daycare or on days they're with their dad... Or sometimes when they're in bed
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? I want to look good and be healthy. I would like to be an inspiration some day!
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We have one child, who is 5 years old. He also happens to have autism.
    Probably not. I have diabetes, which complicates things, there's a higher risk of autism in a second child and... I'm not getting any younger. :)
    Pregnancy was stressful but not eventful.
    That's a huge problem for me. I work full time, so it's hard to validate more time away from my son.
    Being around for my son long term, teach him good eating and exercise habits.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) I have a 3.5 y/o old daughter and a son who just turned 2 last week

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? - NO!!!!! 2 is more than enough for me to handle (plus, I'm 41)

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Both my kids were conceived via IVF - My pregnancy with my DD was stressful, I had Gestational Diabities, we had a scare where all screenings came back showing signs for a Downs baby, I had several episodes throughout my pregnancy of heavy bleeding. My deliver was amazing.... I was induced due to the GD and from start to finish my whole labor was 5 hours. I only gained 13lbs being on a strict GD diet. (I was 190 when I got pregnant with her)

My son - I gained 35lbs (also around 190 when I got pregnant). Uneventful pregnancy with him, although I had bad morning sickness for the first 5 months... not very good when you have an under 1 y/o kid to keep up with! I had slight placenta previa with him therefore had to have a c-section. No GD that time around and he was 2lbs bigger than my daughter!

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? - I have a pretty good schedule going, and a very supportive husband. I work out early mornings 2 days a week, with a trainer 2 afternoons a week and usually try to hit the gym one night a week after my husband comes home from work.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? - at 5'1 I was at the heaviest I had ever been (205lbs) at the end of 2011. I was finally disgusted enough with myself to do something about it. I want to be healthy and be a good role model for my little ones. I also need ALL the energy I can get to keep up with them. It's also something to finally do for just myself.
  • lg727
    lg727 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi... I'm kind of new here. I thought this would be a good place to get started meeting people.

My daughter is 11 weeks old.

I'm really leaning toward no. We'll see.

Pregnancy was really rough. I was hospitalized a few times with hyperemesis and was sick on some level for the entire pregnancy. Delivery wasn't bad, even though I ended up with an unexpected c section.

Yeah, still trying to figure that out...

I want to fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes again! I'm sick of looking/feeling frumpy.
  • catwoman_40
    Options
    I have one stepson, 23 & six with my husband ages 19, 18, 12, 9, 7 & 3

Noooooooooooooooooooo lol

All were induced. My 4th was really rough. He was breech until 3 days before I delivered & my gallbladder decided to croak on me, which wasn't his fault but still sucked

Anytime I have time alone. If I can't get alone time, it's walks, playing frisbee or whatever with them

My oldest is finishing up BCT in the Army. He wants us all to get fit. I want it too but had been making excuses for myself. I'm done with the stink'n think'n ;)

Any Moms wanted to add me as a friend, please do!!!
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Mommy Power!

Savyon is 22 months old; Glory is 7 years old; Courtney is 10 years old, and Junior is 11 years old.

Possibly one day but definitely not trying and hoping to be more financially stable by that time.

Amazing!!! All natural, empowering, and beautiful...worked out the whole time, did a birth plan, put off going to the hospital as long as possible, and felt very connected and amazing:)

First thing in the morning, in the evening walking the baby, and DVDs as the baby allows me to or after he is asleep

To feel as sexy as before baby and fit in all of my size 4-6 clothing. Size 8s are slightly snug but getting looser...can't afford to buy too many clothes when I have to buy them for them! Fitness is my only me time!
  • Tinkydinkydoo
    Tinkydinkydoo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1) I have 3 children. Emily 21, Michael 20 and Jared 13.
    2) Three is the magic number for me!
    3) All three were great pregnancies. No complications and I had them all naturally.
    4) I like to go for walks in the morning while its nice and cool out. I like to my other exercise in the morning after Jared goes to school.
    5) My main motivation is my children. I want to be around for them for as long as I can. I do not want to die young like my Mom did.
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    I am Julie and I have 3 children 24,22 and 18 and a lovely son in law 25.
    I will not be having any more children................will just wait for some grandchildren!:flowerforyou:
    All pregnancies were great and very short labours,lucky to make it to the hospital with the last one 45 minutes rom start to finish good job she was born at 00.25 when there was no traffic getting to the hospital!:laugh:
    My main exercise is walking to and from work and at work .:smile:
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids, Veronica 10, Isaiah 6, Aaliyah 5, Djavan 2. My husband is "fixed" so def no more. I find time to exercise whenever. Sometimes I just take them with me, I live in front of a big school. I can take them there and make laps around the parking lot while they play in grass. They r good kids. I do other workouts when they go to sleep. I make myself. I used to even take them to gym with me when i had a membership. There are ways you can do it! My motivation comes from wanting to look good and be healthy, even if that sounds shallow! I am still so young. I don't wana look so Yuck. :-)
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hello! mother of two boys here! i am also pregnant with my third son!

my sons names are robert ethan, and alexander gideon. they are 4 and 2 years old, i usually fit my exercise into their lives, when at the park, i will run around, i play with them, basketball games, and when they nap or have their quiet time, i sneak off to the elliptical or exercise bike :)

life is always hectic with a husband , and two boys, and trying to fit being healthy into your lifestyle, especially when pregnant!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Answers:
    1. Laura (24 yrs.), Patrick (19 yrs.), Emily (12 yrs.), Colton (22 months!)
    2. Er...umm...no?
    3. I loved being pregnant each and every time. All were on time deliveries and au naturale. ;)
    4. Usually after Em leaves for school and Colt is still asleep.
    5. Health for obvious reasons above, and relational purposes. (hee hee)

Interesting reading btw. :flowerforyou:
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?

My son is named Anthony (AJ) and he's 3.

I have no desire to ever be pregnant again. If it happens, it happens, but I'm content with my one and done.

It sucked. I had extreme sickness/nausea/puking the entire time I was pregnant. I was puking in labor. Even though I puked 3-4 times a day minimum, I still managed to gain 80 lbs and I'm still fighting the last 20 lbs. Labor was fine, but he could not fit through my pelvis since i have a genetic abnormality and I ended up having a c-section. I had no problems from that and healed very fast.

I usually have to get up early in the morning and get it done before kiddo wakes up. Or after he goes to bed.

I want to be "me" again...I want to look my best and be healthy so that I have a long life with my family.