30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 today.... WOOOOOOWWWWWWSSSSSERRRRSSSS lol..... I'm sore as hell but Its gonna be worth it... Today was the first day that I REALLY noticed a change in my body.... I am so motivated and SUPER HAPPY LOL!!!!!!! :) Tomorrow is going to be MUCH easier!!!! I know it!!!!!
  • vickygetshealthy
    Options
    I started doing the Shred a few months back, but after I missed a few days, I ended up giving it up altogether. I just restarted, and I'm on day 2 - It feels so much harder starting it this time round! I really love it, though, and considering it feels even harder this time around, I think I might complete it once, try another Jillian Michaels DVD, and then do it again.
  • helenlp83
    Options
    OMG!! Day 6 done....I think a part of me died tonight. But on a personal successful note....I did all the bicycle crunches!!! Yay me!
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    this might have been covered somewhere in the thread and if so I apologize for repeat....how did you all record this in your exercise log...I can't get it to "find" it in a search any way I put it in... I just started the 30 DS tonight and I think my body is going on strike...lol 46 and its been a few years since routine exercise and I am paying for it now....but any help to get it logged in would be greatly appreciated....thanks and good luck all!!

I acutally bought a heart rate monitor on ebay for $7 (wristwatch) and it is quite accurate with circuit training... only 4 calorie difference. hope this helps :)
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    OMG!! Day 6 done....I think a part of me died tonight. But on a personal successful note....I did all the bicycle crunches!!! Yay me!

i also did all the bicycle crunches! go us!!!!! we're almost there!
  • fuego84
    fuego84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    As a tip to those of you that are really sore, do additional stretching at the end of the workout. I really benefited from the extra stretching and wasn't nearly as sore as what I could have been.
  • tbhnje
    tbhnje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What is the kickbox routine? Is is Jillian Michaels too?
  • helenlp83
    Options

i also did all the bicycle crunches! go us!!!!! we're almost there!

Well done! I was having a fight with myself to stick with doing them I so nearly gave up. I keep thinking.....just as I get the hang of level one and can do it all I've got to move on to level 2!!! hahah
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I finished day 7 of level 1 this morning. It has gotten easier but I still have to do the modified push ups! I yell at the tv often but I really do love this program. I already feel so much stronger.

My only complaint is that I've actually gained a pound or two since starting it. I've been watching my calories closely and trying to drink tons of water but still the scale hasn't gone back down. Anyone else had this problem? I'm going to stick with it and hope it eventually comes off before the 30 days is up but we will see!
  • tatgirl661
    Options
    Thank you Helen
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I finished day 7 of level 1 this morning. It has gotten easier but I still have to do the modified push ups! I yell at the tv often but I really do love this program. I already feel so much stronger.

My only complaint is that I've actually gained a pound or two since starting it. I've been watching my calories closely and trying to drink tons of water but still the scale hasn't gone back down. Anyone else had this problem? I'm going to stick with it and hope it eventually comes off before the 30 days is up but we will see!

I've not had weight gain but some of my friends had that's why I measured myself at the start to go by inches lost aswell incase I don't lose weight
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done ... Not feeling to bad ...
  • doobeedog
    doobeedog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well i was sitting here reading all the post about the 30 day shred and i got up and did it!!! Well worth it, I feel better already even took the dog for a walk afterwards. Best part is I didn't have to spend a dime :). I GOT this!!!:tongue:
  • doobeedog
    doobeedog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What do you put 30ds down as on your exercise tracker? I'm undecided what to use
    If you find out i would also like to know..Thanks
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    What do you put 30ds down as on your exercise tracker? I'm undecided what to use
    If you find out i would also like to know..Thanks

I use general circuit training... it is quite accurate to my heart rate monitor results... has only been 4 calories off. :)
  • antediluvian
    Options
    I just started today and also used canned veggies (well, black beans) and it was definitely effective! I've been doing 45-60 minutes of elliptical at least four times a week for several months, and today's workout DEFINITELY showed me that I need to work some strength training in if I want to see results. i've got strong quads/calves from elliptical, but my arms are like noodles! I also definitely sweat way more in 20 minutes than I ever do during cardio... probably a sign I haven't been working out hard enough.

For those who've done it before, how important do you think measurements are? It seems to be better to judge progress by those rather than weight, but I don't have any cloth tape. Is it worth getting my hands on some?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    From what I've read on here it's best to measure with tape measure as you may gain weight but lose inches...I've put on a pound BUT I have lost half an inch round my waist and I've only been doing it a few days...
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    I just started today and also used canned veggies (well, black beans) and it was definitely effective! I've been doing 45-60 minutes of elliptical at least four times a week for several months, and today's workout DEFINITELY showed me that I need to work some strength training in if I want to see results. i've got strong quads/calves from elliptical, but my arms are like noodles! I also definitely sweat way more in 20 minutes than I ever do during cardio... probably a sign I haven't been working out hard enough.

For those who've done it before, how important do you think measurements are? It seems to be better to judge progress by those rather than weight, but I don't have any cloth tape. Is it worth getting my hands on some?

yes for sure go buy one!! check the sewing section at most stores, the measuring tape is only $1 around where i live
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    Do you guys wear tennis shoes when you do the shred?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done...it's getting better in parts but my legs are still killing me lol...I do mine in my normal trainers :smile: