Sooooooo....whats for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If I get up in enough time in the morning.....

Honey wheat toast (40 cal per slice)
    Egg whites
    Scrabbled sausage
    Cheese

All in a sandwich, but that's if I get up in enough time......
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nothing too exotic:

Most work days: 1 cup yogurt with 1-2 cups fresh fruit - usually raspberries/blueberries plus black coffee. Once a week I treat myself to a cranberry bran muffin.

Weekends: 2 scrambled eggs, slices homemade (not my home) multi-grain toast, jam. Fresh fruit. And, of course, black coffee.
  • MamaLu
    MamaLu Posts: 7
    Options
    I run or workout at 5am every morning (except Sunday). After my workout and shower I make a fruit and protein smoothie with 1 cup water, 1 cup frozen fruit and 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder. I have an awesome smoothie maker that makes the smoothie right in the cup you drink from so it's quick and then I can drink my breakfast while I get ready for work. Then later in the morning I have a 100-calorie pack of dry roasted almonds. On Sunday I usually treat myself with an omelet or waffles!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My treat day is flax seed wrap scrambled whole egg and half slice American cheese total calories 195 yum!
  • reallyfatjoe
    Options
    12 oz smoothy [frozen blue berry, rasberry, strawberry, black berry, banana, greek yogurt and low fat milk]
  • wchapman50
    Options
    Usually on week(work) days, a thin bagel with 2 Tbls fat free cream cheese, fruit (apple, banana, nectarine, etc), 16 oz water.
    My dietitian keeps telling me I need to add a protein (ie. boil egg).
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Usually some kind of pasta (whole grain) with veggies, a lean protein like tuna or chicken, and a KIND bar. Oh and a piece of fruit.
  • rowdyff
    rowdyff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My breakfast scramble:

- 7 1/2 tbsp, Egg Beaters
    - 2 Jimmy Dean sausage patties(fully cooked)
    - 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    - fresh salsa, 2 tbsp

Scramble egg beaters, microwave turkey sausage. Dice sausage, and add to egg mixture, continue to scramble until done. Cover with cheese until melted,add salsa! Delicious and filling! 298 cal., 5 1/2g carbs,. 16g. fat.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    oats+cake batter whey protein+peanut butter+natural unsweetened cocoa= chocolate cake for breakfast! heck yeah!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    ooohh....not a protein shake... :(
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The usual: 5-8 eggs. Coffee blended with butter (3T) and MCT oil (1-2T). Maybe some fruit.
    Oh, and bacon since I managed to hide some in the fridge after cooking it tonight. 
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays are "Starbucks Wednesday" for my son and I when he's in school. So tomorrow we'll start "Starbucks Wednesday" and I will have a 16oz soy latte and a reduced fat turkey breakfast sandwich. Soooooo excited:)
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    Light French Toast:

2--3 Egg whites
    1/4 C of milk
    sugar or sugar substitute
    Sarah Lee 45 Calorie bread 2--3 slices
    Fresh strawberries.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh.My.Gosh - breakfast is my favorite meal. Today was a high-fiber light english muffin (I usually buy the 100-cal Fiber One or Thomas's "Light" 1/3 daily fiber muffins) with a shmear of peanut butter and 1/2 banana sliced on top. I didn't eat the other 1/2, so I tossed it in the freezer (minus the skin) to enjoy later in a smoothie.

I am huge fan of the Morningstar Farm maple flavored veggie sausage patties. They really do taste like the real thing, for once. If I am not feeling like an egg that day, it goes great with multigrain waffles.

If you are sick of oatmeal, there is now an instant whole grain Cream of Wheat cereal (5g fiber and 7g of protein). Try making it with vanilla almond milk instead of water (good trick for oatmeal too) for extra flavor and nutrition. I toss in sliced strawberries, peaches, or a few blueberries when I have them.

When I have time I'll make one of these snazzy breakfast sandwiches:
    - Try mixing some dijon mustard and apricot preserves (or orange marmalade) together and spread it on some toast. Add a scrambled egg (fried, poached, whatever you prefer), a slice of cheese (if you put the hot egg on top of the cheese it gets melty), and some avocado or spinach. I don't eat meat but I supposed you could put some bacon, sausage, turkey slices, etc on it as well.
    - Huevos Racheros style - heat up a black bean burger (not to sound like a Morningstar Farms commercial but I love their spicy black bean burgers too!), top it with an egg, cheese, salsa, avocado, etc.

Omelets - you can make them dozens of ways. Some of my favorites combos:
    - asparagus and goat cheese
    - spinach, tomato, and feta
    - broccoli, red bell pepper, and just about any cheese!

Of course there are dozens of smoothie recipes too, I kind of prefer to have them as a snack or dessert though.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    This morning I had a zucchini and onion egg white omelet :) it was yummy and under 300 calories including use of margarine and ketchup so it could have been better :)
  • sonny368
    Options
    Pancakes topped with a chpped banana and maple syrup or chopped banana, corn flakes, walnuts, 2 ts honey, milk, or...a porridge that's delicious!!
  • orchid568
    orchid568 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Shakeology blended with 1/2 banana and 1/2 c almond coconut milk and 1/2 c water and 1 T of PB2
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't do much in the way of dairy products, because I'm sensitive to lactose, so you'll see no milk or cheese with my breakfasts. However...this is what I eat throughout the week.

Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, no milk.
    Life Cereal, no milk.
    Subway bacon and egg white on an English muffin, no cheese.
    English muffin toasted with apple butter.
    Wheat toast with apple butter or peanut butter.

Add some fruit (apples, banana, strawberries) and you've got my breakfasts. Although, on weekends I splurge.