Anyone else get fed up of logging food?

Options

Replies

• emmaonamission
    Options
    Yes, but it's always worth it. Most of the time I just end up using the multi add feature on my most used food so it's not so bad
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like logging because it shows me exactly how much I am eating and it's helping me make changes but I do make a lot of food from scratch so it's hard to log because I don't know if I am choosing the correct food to log and because it's made from scratch I don't have any packaging or any nutritional info so it makes it hard, I have to try and look online and see if I can find it.
  • dawnwarren71
    Options
    Oh yes it's work but it will be rewarding work in the end is the way I try and think of it.
    I do keep WAY better track of what I am bringing into my body when I am honest and complete the food diary daily as I go along.
    We won't have to do it forever either. Just until we have lost the weight and at that point we will be more aware of how much and what we are putting into our bodies. That I feel is the key to keeping it off.
    It's a necessary evil.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons for me using MFP was seeing how relatively easy it is to log foods compared to other systems.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I look at it that logging is way easier than lugging around all the extra weight that I used to have on me
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can get pretty tired of it some times, because I always cook my meals from scratch, and I hardly ever cook the exact same thing twice. So if I make a dish using, say, an onion, some zucchini, a tomato and a bell pepper, I sometimes just log it as two onions and two bell peppers. When it comes to higher calorie foods, I am usually more accurate, but it makes it easier only having to log half of my ingredients.
    Other days I love logging, because I sort of see it as a game, and it really helps me to be aware of which ingredients in my cooking I should limit.
  • Capekj51
    Capekj51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of a chore, but it's the only thing that really works for me, so I do it anyway.
  • mercy1mercy1
    mercy1mercy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    totally hate logging food-not sure why
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Well obviously we all know more than MFP that is why we were in such great shape when we got here. I for one have tried every F'n diet on earth and worked out like a mad man and nothing worked until I came here. So no I am not fed up with logging my food and plan on doing it for the rest of my (much longer) life
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I'm sick of being fat. Simple really. Which do I hate worse?
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Is it a pain, YES.

Do I do it because it's important to keep an eye on where my macros are or else it can quickly get out of control. YES.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for over 6 months and watching what I eat for over 9 and yes, I would say I'm getting tired. I started on low carb, high protein diet and now I'm trying to figure out if I keep my exercise levels way up, if I could log less (still eat better) and lose weight.

I've admitted to my MFP friends that I'm in a bit of a funk. I still have more weight to lose, so now it's about finding the best way to achieve my goal.

Good luck and feel free to friend me if you like.
  • beezerphd
    beezerphd Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yeah I got bored logging food a few weeks ago. I probably should get round to starting it again, but I honestly can't be a**ed.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    It is actually comforting to me. It helped me get the weight off , now it will help me keep it off. I hated logging exercise, so now I wear the Nike Fuel Band so all my exercise/activity/steps is recorded as Nike Fuel Calories.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I find logging food and actually seeing what I am eating written down focuses me. For me it is easy to slip if I dont weigh and measure, portions get bigger and by recording food I am aware of everything that goes in my mouth and whether my diet is balanced or not. Its also good to look back on to see what may need changing etc when things get tough!

This^^
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I quit doing it a couple of weeks ago as it was so time consuming. I had done it for a year and pretty much got a feel for what works for me. Once in a while I log something just to see how many calories it is.
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy logging now. I didn't and I saw it as a waste of time, but I slip way too easily if I don't account for everything!

For me, having a barcode scanner works wonders! i cook fresh a lot too and I find that searches bring it up, I can scan it in or weigh it out and have it all there, then I save it to "my meals" and feel all snazzy about it! :D

To me, it's just something else I do now, like drinking more water and exercising! :D

1397731.png
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but it's why I'm losing weight. More important than anything else.
  • csmoore039
    csmoore039 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use to get sick of it, but since I started using MFP, it is so much easier!!!! I also know if I don't do it the extra little bites add up before I know it and then that means the scales add also!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I find it relatively easy to do because of my smartphone. It takes a few moments of my time. I tend to be a creature of habit so most of my food choices are repeats & stored in our database & are just a click or tap way. It helps with accountability.