HELP! I ate burger king last night, did I gain weight?

Options

Replies

• kathrynyoung71
    Options
    you can look on the database to find out what would be the best choice calorie wise before you go out to eat next time,

Having noticed that the person that wrote this has not commented I can only guess it is a fake post or she has been put off by the lack of support from some members
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie here, I recently found about this app yesterday night and I love it! But I'm worrying about something..yesterday before I found out about this app I was at my cousins house, apparently she ordered burger king.. I was really craving It so she ordered the chicken whooper meal large burger and I didn't know that..so I ate it all but my question is that did I gain weight from the meal yesterday? Thankssxxx add me!

Too late to regret it.. Whether you gain weight or not, just get over it.. Don't stress yourself too much.. You've had a good time and yeah you screwed up a little bit there by eating BK crap.. but it's ok.. Just continue and work hard. You still have a long way ahead of you. :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wait, what... you didn't know you were eating burger king???

I agree.... it just fell in your mouth?
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious post??

exactly what I wanted to know...
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    pony-alien.jpg
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    It does not really matter if you gained weight from that one meal. If you do this every day you will most likely gain fat. What matters is calories consumed, that is the bottom like, it's like a financial budget. You have a calorie budget and you can look at it weekly or daily, if you eat more one day you can eat less the next day. If you want to lose weight you need to eat at a slight deficit, either daily or weekly. If you don't eat less calories this way you will not lose fat. The body fluctuates several pounds a day just from normal living (food digestion, hormones, cycles, sodium, water retention, water intake, DOMS, carbs, inflammation, allergies, the list goes on and on). Working out makes you build lean body mass which might make your "weight" go up.

Learning the right amount of calories to eat to lose weight or maintain is kind of a trial and error for each person. The estimates here and anywhere else are simply estimates to give you a place to start. Usually they are a bit too high. The bottom line is that if you are not losing fat (especially if you are higher in BF %) then you need to eat less. No way around it. It is simple and hard.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Has'nt anyone heard of the "Eat this, Not That" books? I own everyone of 'em including the restaurant one and on a rare occasion when I want something from a restaurant, these books are worth every penny! Even has BK in them:wink:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious post??

exactly what I wanted to know...

I'm going to go with ....No!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    yeah probably - loads
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This person CAN NOT be 20 years old.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Mmm Burger King - probably, at least 14 pounds...
  • ProfessorStayPuft
    Options
    Is this a serious post??

LMFAO. I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    Gold star for the first X-men pony!!!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I have no idea if this is a real post or not...I'm hoping not. But if it is..

You probably retained water so you'd see the scale go up. Make better choices and workout today and you can start making up for the BK.

I'm confused as to how you didn't know you were eating it..in my expierience it says "Burger King" all over wrappers and bags...
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious post??
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am thinking ht esame thing..Is this real? How do you not know what was ordered if you are eating it?
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Best Post Ever
    ani-laughing-woman.gif
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Wtf is a chicken whooper meal??
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Not likely unless you ate like 5 whoppers. It takes 3500 cals to make a pound.
  • mebtai2
    mebtai2 Posts: 14
    Options
    With all the sodium in the meal you will probably retain water which is not permanent weight gain. If your total calories for yesterday were within your target then it should not matter in the long run.

Don't sweet it - track your usual foods for a few days - see where you are calorie wise and then start to make small healthy changes to your habits and you will do just fine!

I agree with this quote. Dont sweat it. Drink waer to flush the water your body is probably retaining and you should be fine. We all have to satisfy a craving every once and a while.